What the **** is going on with BSNL BB?

sygeek

Technomancer
Still getting retarded pings on BSNL since this problem. Usually 400-600ms on international and 150-200ms+ on Indian servers.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I am still wondering wt* is going on with bsnl for 2 days...getting constant 2-4mbps after fup on ul950....sounds like theres some news coming in..

Vignesh B

Youngling
Still getting retarded pings on BSNL since this problem. Usually 400-600ms on international and 150-200ms+ on Indian servers.
I remember reading somewhere in the forum that to increase ping rates in Chennai and Bangalore, BSNL is re-routing the connections for other consumers. It went something like to connect to a server in Singapore, rather than routing through the sea link from Chennai, it goes all the way to Los Angeles via Japan and then comes back to Singapore. :-?

I am still wondering wt* is going on with bsnl for 2 days...getting constant 2-4mbps after fup on ul950....sounds like theres some news coming in..
Even I have started getting the spike up to 4Mbps since yesterday evening. Am sorry to disappoint you once again, but this is a common occurrence with BSNL. Don't keep your hopes too high.
Yes, even I do be happy if some news is really coming up from BSNL's side.
Another thing that I've noticed is that am usually connected to 117.x.x.x based IPs( NIB 2 ?), but when I get these spikes, am connected to 59.x.x.x (NIB 1?). Any reason behind that?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Even I have started getting the spike up to 4Mbps since yesterday evening. Am sorry to disappoint you once again, but this is a common occurrence with BSNL. Don't keep your hopes too high.
Yes, even I do be happy if some news is really coming up from BSNL's side.
Another thing that I've noticed is that am usually connected to 117.x.x.x based IPs( NIB 2 ?), but when I get these spikes, am connected to 59.x.x.x (NIB 1?). Any reason behind that?

Ya man i have never got such spikes atleast in last one year post fup... its not spike, i get constant speed...
downloaded 12gbs of 1080p movies yesterday itself lol...watever hope it stays.. :mrgreen:

btw I get ip in 117.x range and 59.x is never assigned .

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
BSNL is very unreliable since a few months. I get lots of disconnection. Recently bsnl checked the line and it worked fine for a few days. Today morning I switched off the modem to reset the connection so as to get the maximum FUP speed, but after turning on the modem the connection is not establishing even after hours.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
always check your snr & attn values in modem info page.snr values should be 15 or above & attn values must be less than 50.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
just jumped to airtel from bsnl :)
after using bsnl from 3 years i can say that it sucks disconnections every few mins and server down olmost every week :( got frustrated with it from few months so finally came up with a solution lets see how this airtel works

sygeek

Technomancer
Been trying to reset my password at bsnl's portal, selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in but I'm not getting any notification on my email address regarding the new password. Anyone else have this problem?

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
BSNL is very unreliable since a few months. I get lots of disconnection. Recently bsnl checked the line and it worked fine for a few days. Today morning I switched off the modem to reset the connection so as to get the maximum FUP speed, but after turning on the modem the connection is not establishing even after hours.

Contacted bsnl exchange and after a few hours the problem is solved. Problem was some kind of blown fuse at exchange end.

always check your snr & attn values in modem info page.snr values should be 15 or above & attn values must be less than 50.

snr and attenuation seems to be within the limits

SNR Margin : 39.1 6.1 db
Line Attenuation : 11.3 8.3 db

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@baiju,your snr value of 6.1 is very bad.it must be above 15 based on your good attn values.poor snr values results in frequent disconnections.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^your modem is not using the standard scale to show values but using 0.1dB scale so divide these values by 10 to get standard values:
snr:7.4 16.3
attn: 23.5 13.3
your downstream snr of 7.4 is poor.it should be at least 15 considering your downstream attn is 23.5.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
It is heavy rain here since two months and I think this must be the reason for such low values. Interesting thing is that the exchange is hardly 300 meter away. My connection is 512kbps UL, the normal download speed is around 55kBps. During FUP period it is only 90kBps.

Reading just now:

DownstreamUpstream
SNR Margin37.512.2
Line Attenuation11.38.7

Is this good?

Modem is TP-Link

Top Bottom