what should be india's national language?

what should be india's national language.

• english

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • hindi

Votes: 98 55.4%
  • your own mother tongue.

Votes: 18 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
aberforth said:
Try Behalai in West Bengal, Khonoma Village in Nagaland, Jiribam in Maipur or even Imphal (state capital). None of them are in South India and none of these villages/cities will make you think you are sufficiently equipped with Hindi. All of them have population over 5000 and I can also make a large list of more places if you want, this is only for reference.
I expected that u'll give such names......thats why I asked u to tour urself and get aprox. percentage!! There's no use in telling the name of villages from all over India and I bet no one can do that.

aberforth said:
I am not repeating, if it is inadvertently done, I cannot help it. The thread is long and I don't have time and inclination to sort through hundreds of posts to find if my post matches someone else's.
This was not expected from u.....atleast u can go thru and observe what has already been debated!! No wise person wud jump in a debate like that and then request to start afresh!!

aberforth said:
Hope or not, taunts cannot harm me and I don't get carried away. But I responded to your opinion that the taunts do not exist, they do and there are some people who are affected.
So? Shud be start hating everybody like that?

aberforth said:
The debate here is not about grammatical correctness of English supporters it is about their point and arguments. Attacking a personal thing like their grammar or style undermines a debate as debate is opinion vs opinion not a character assassination to prove your opinion.
That point here was raised by one of the english supporters who asked for understandabilty of a language. And gramatical correctness counts very much in the understandabilty of a language!! So if such absurd points will be raised then they shall be dealt with appropriately!!

aberforth said:
English is a language which Dalits can identify with, non-Hindi people wouldn't feel alienated when they converse with Hindi people (like it or not, linguistic ego exists, just like you can't stand English as national language) and moreover it would make the process of higher education much easier as English is a universal language today, not a British domain anymore. English opens avenues Hindi or even a regional language couldn't. The highest probability is that your keyboard is English, your OS is in English, you post here in English, your blogs are in English. Of course we could still have Hindi like the regional languages at present, recognized by the state.
I asked u not to repeat. Was I asking too much??

aberforth said:
Having English as a national language does not make the country Queen's country. Hindi does not instill patriotism in my heart, being Indian does and if I start speaking English it does not make me any less Indian and any more 'Angrezi' like some claim. Singapore is composed of 60% Chinese and a mixed population of the rest yet it did not have issues taking up English as national language, neither did South Africa in 1991 even though English was a language of their oppressors (Whites).
So u r trying to say that if some people are not patriotic at all and stupid, then we shud behave like them and follow them?? Dont u have any pride for ur culture and mother tongue, that ur that desperate for English??

aberforth said:
Hindi creates a divide even if in some cases it is politically motivated. If there are ways to stop this divide by adopting any regional language, its fine but we know that this is not possible. Hindi creates that 'my language', 'your language' feeling among various groups. English would unite those groups in an 'our language'. You also need to understand the contribution of the English language in the Indian society before just claiming it as 'British Language' as I don't talk for the British but English as a language. English is the language which led to the emancipation of Dalits, they can identify themselves better with English than 'devnagri' Hindi which belongs to a culture that supressed them. English represents the masses of India much better than Hindi does, talking non politically.

Maybe we can do away with the idea of national language all together and have only 'officially recognized languages'. We could follow a secular policy with religion, why not the same with languages? If there are things which create divides, its in best interests they are scrapped for the sake of oneness and unity. There are people who like to oppose everything but this one isn't such a case.
Again a repeat!
Please post something, that we cannot ignore to read!!

Aberforth

The Internationalist
mediator said:
This was not expected from u.....atleast u can go thru and observe what has already been debated!! No wise person wud jump in a debate like that and then request to start afresh!!

So u r trying to say that if some people are not patriotic at all and stupid, then we shud behave like them and follow them?? Dont u have any pride for ur culture and mother tongue, that ur that desperate for English??

I will speak either my mother tongue and English if I talk to you, I won't speak Hindi even if I know it. Got it? If you think Hindi should be all Indians' mother tongue you are very mistaken. I have pride in my culture and would not talk Hindi which is neither my language and nor of any use to me.

mediator said:
Again a repeat!
Again a repeat!
Please post something, that we cannot ignore to read!!

Show me the post which I repeated in the last paragraph and I would not comment again. Read the post before you make a comment and if you are too lazy to do that then avoid jumping to conclusions.

mediator

Technomancer
I will speak either my mother tongue and English if I talk to you, I won't speak Hindi even if I know it. Got it?If you think Hindi should be all Indians' mother tongue you are very mistaken. I have pride in my culture and would not talk Hindi which is neither my language and nor of any use to me.
Why cant u just read the hole debate again......U r uselessly wasting ur time in writing long post,repeating them again n again and then saying that time is wasted in reading the whole debate! How obscure!

aberforth said:
Show me the post which I repeated in the last paragraph and I would not comment again. Read the post before you make a comment and if you are too lazy to do that then avoid jumping to conclusions.
U want me to spoon feed u now?? Do u want to save ur time by asking others to do ur homework??.....Hmmmm but ur time isn't wasted in writing/repeating loong posts again n again..........

Please..... I'm asking this 3rd time to u I guess......just read the debate! U'll urself know what has been debated!! Also there were some of my posts that were not properly replied but with personal comments. U may like to reply to them and may get some new ideas in support of ur vote!! Does that make interesting for u??

Just read it, just once.......and spark the interest in this year old debate again!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Aberforth said:
I will speak either my mother tongue and English if I talk to you, I won't speak Hindi even if I know it. Got it? If you think Hindi should be all Indians' mother tongue you are very mistaken. I have pride in my culture and would not talk Hindi which is neither my language and nor of any use to me.
r u dumb or something is thr a difference between mother tongue and national language do me favour if u cant go thru the thread plz dont post till u hv somethign concrete dont go on opposing just for the sake of it .... iw ont say it i wont speak hindi these are all statements which prove tht u dont hav any points and u r actually posting senselessy as said by u earlier

@mediator no point replying to aberforth he himself says he makes senseless statements so just ignore the poor fellow

SolidSnake

Broken In
Aberforth said:
You don't have backing data to support your claim that 80% of India speaks Hindi (unless you consider north India as the Indian nation).

A few in south and northeast? If I take you to some villages in West Bengal and get you lost maybe you would see the light of the day. :)

And compare that to English....? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

planetcall

Indian by heart
Aberforth said:
There you go buddy. You have shown utter hatred to the language spoken by most of the Hindustanis. What do you mean by that sentence ? That sounds like a stubborn kid cribbing. Lol post something worth replying to.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
arre i am telling u na he is a small kid who has accepted tht he talks sh!t and senseless stuff so just ignore the poor fellow

praka123

left this forum longback
I am not a Kid @Mav3 kutty?
mav3,mediator,planetcell have no valid points,they are simply here to curse South Indians and English.that was what they are taught patriotism by their elders!I saw someone posted here Tamils are violent.facts that there is some problems with Kannadigas and Tamils in S.India coz of water issues,Bangalore getting more populated by Tamils,hence the insecurity felt by Kannadigas means if you ask a Banglorean,he will suddenly put a Hate dialog.that was another thing.

I have seen here that Hindians cant digest the fact that there are non-Hindi speakers in the Country.Seriously Kuttikale,YOu Have NO Idea How tough is it for Non-Hindi SPeakers to digest the enforcement of Hindi.It is a problem for us to digest Hindi as our National or official language,whatever u call it.Like it or not it is this English education and British Rule which eliminated the dark pasts of the India.like abolition of all sorts of superstitions,rituals like Sati to some extend.There is the fact already known that all central gov institutions are forcing Hindi on Non_Hindi speakers.your patriotism is better be left with You(N.Hindians).
DO you believe South Indians can be forced to learn Hindi?then National dis-Integration be the result.DO you feel that instead of English,We should change the World Lang to Hindi?-then YOu are an idiot.
I have already posted the reasons umpteen times.then also do yo think South Indians can be forced to learn Hindi?then U r wrong My beloved Hindi chauvinists!.
We S.Indians cannot at any circumstances cannot afford Hindi.We being identified as a different race or atleast different in color,language,customs cant digest your Hindi ego forced on Us.We dont want be the slaves of Hindi speaking 5 states,for that matter it is very easy for a person talking Marathi,Gujarati,Punjabi,Sindhi,Urdu to speak Hindi.So that doesnot mean it is easy for a Tamil,Malayali,Telegu,Tulu,Kannada,gothrabhashas and North easterners to learn.if We dont want Hindi to be our National/Official Language.How can you force Hindi to whole India for the sake of Hindi speakers count High?I believe We are a Democratic Country and All types of Minorities have their rights.be it linguistic,religious,races etc.

Think about it.posting personal comments doesnot help vandalising valid points posted here.If you are a Hindi Fanboy who feel proud that your par-dada's language is Hindi and hence forcing Hindi on Non-Hindi speaking states will get you a feeling of Superiority-then You are the World's Biggest Idiotic Narzist,fascist and a Islamist like A$$H**le.
Count on South Indians.We are the best cultured people and Harappa,Mohanjedaro are the examples of Dravidian civilization.While your Aryan people are warlords who came to loot,destroy the original dravidian civilization.so Dont be SOoo Proud of YOur Hindi origin and thus Hindi imposition.
*www.harappa.com/script/maha3.html

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
praka123 said:
I am not a Kid @Mav3 kutty?
mav3,mediator,planetcell have no valid points,they are simply here to curse South Indians and English.that was what they are taught patriotism by their elders!I saw someone posted here Tamils are violent.facts that there is some problems with Kannadigas and Tamils in S.India coz of water issues,Bangalore getting more populated by Tamils,hence the insecurity felt by Kannadigas means if you ask a Banglorean,he will suddenly put a Hate dialog.that was another thing.

I have seen here that Hindians cant digest the fact that there are non-Hindi speakers in the Country.Seriously Kuttikale,YOu Have NO Idea How tough is it for Non-Hindi SPeakers to digest the enforcement of Hindi.It is a problem for us to digest Hindi as our National or official language,whatever u call it.Like it or not it is this English education and British Rule which eliminated the dark pasts of the India.like abolition of all sorts of superstitions,rituals like Sati to some extend.There is the fact already known that all central gov institutions are forcing Hindi on Non_Hindi speakers.your patriotism is better be left with You(N.Hindians).
DO you believe South Indians can be forced to learn Hindi?then National dis-Integration be the result.DO you feel that instead of English,We should change the World Lang to Hindi?-**then YOu are an idiot**.
I have already posted the reasons umpteen times.then also do yo think South Indians can be forced to learn Hindi?then U r wrong My beloved Hindi chauvinists!.
We S.Indians cannot at any circumstances cannot afford Hindi.We being identified as a different race or atleast different in color,language,customs cant digest your Hindi ego forced on Us.We dont want be the slaves of Hindi speaking 5 states,for that matter it is very easy for a person talking Marathi,Gujarati,Punjabi,Sindhi,Urdu to speak Hindi.So that doesnot mean it is easy for a Tamil,Malayali,Telegu,Tulu,Kannada,gothrabhashas and North easterners to learn.if We dont want Hindi to be our National/Official Language.How can you force Hindi to whole India for the sake of Hindi speakers count High?I believe We are a Democratic Country and All types of Minorities have their rights.be it linguistic,religious,races etc.

Think about it.posting personal comments doesnot help vandalising valid points posted here.If you are a Hindi Fanboy who feel proud that your par-dada's language is Hindi and hence forcing Hindi on Non-Hindi speaking states will get you a feeling of Superiority-then You are the World's Biggest Idiotic Narzist,fascist and a Islamist like A$$H**le.
Count on South Indians.We are the best cultured people and Harappa,Mohanjedaro are the examples of Dravidian civilization.While your Aryan people are warlords who came to loot,destroy the original dravidian civilization.so Dont be SOoo Proud of YOur Hindi origin and thus Hindi imposition.
*www.harappa.com/script/maha3.html
A REPEAT! What a waste!

@mav3 : u were right. Its like debating with an opponent who can't see properly, can't hear properly and can't even speak properly!!

praka123 said:
then You are the World's Biggest Idiotic Narzist,fascist and a Islamist like A$$H**le.
@aberforth : Is this what u wanted to see in @praka123's post?? Well its nuthing new to us!!

@paraka123.......better calm down urself and learn to read and reply properly and entertain me!!

planetcall

Indian by heart
praka123 said:
mav3,mediator,planetcell have no valid points,they are simply here to curse South Indians and English.that was what they are taught patriotism by their elders!

I bet you didnt read any of my posts. My elders taught me many more things. I have reflected that in my posts. Also, you have shown what your elders have taught you.

British Rule which eliminated the dark pasts of the India

Go back to school kid. You need to learn more about British Rule in India.

DO you feel that instead of English,We should change the World Lang to Hindi?-**then YOu are an idiot**.

No body said that. Your hallucinations apply that statement on yourself.

How can you force Hindi to whole India for the sake of Hindi speakers count High?I believe We are a Democratic Country

Yes we are a democratic country and this thread has a democratic poll which shows the verdict. Accept it.

shakshy

Broken In
@mediator, mav3, planet call-----why don't u post ur point than waiting 4 othrs....I can't cause you don't have any and don't evn have the idea of whethr u r for or against, u r just lamers....moving at the support of othrs

praka123

left this forum longback
^^ Well said @Saakshy .they are having ego problems to accept our point.losers all the way :eek: :eek:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
praka shakshy are u guys dumb or u dont understand english which u claim is ur strong language .... we have telling our points again and agian iv been asking u 1 simple question repeatedly to which u hv not answered even once ..... and every1 who has gone thru this thread knows who is having an ego problem the last 3 posts tell me that u posters havent even read the replies that hv been given to u

shakshy go thru the thread then post i know its 26 pages but atleast go thru the last 3 pages most of ur invalid concerns hav been answered ...

DipDaWiz

Broken In
As it seems that this thread is a battle ground for the S Indains and the N Indians. and some body told me that I couldnot understand why this thread is for. That is true, coz I don't not understand why we need a specific Language for our national langauge. As for past 60 years we didnt have much problem with the existing system.

FYI
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_languages_of_India

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
so if u dont understand the reason for a national language then just tell me 1 thing wtf are u donig here

Last edited:

DipDaWiz

Broken In
Cool down.. dont scream for the anger you have on others. If you think I didnt understand then its your turn to explain in simple words, but not using 'wtf'....
And if you understand so much then explain us all what is this thread about and what is going on actually in this thread. I hope you will spend some time for a post, explaining every thing.... I think that will help others too... :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
whats going on in this thread is that it has a few dumb heads just posting the same things again and again with no actual answeres to the questions posed to them and ppl who dont even read the replies given to them and even if they do they dont understand it and go around saying the same thing

DipDaWiz

Broken In
Thats why I told to stop this thread well advance ;) .... Because this is a poll and you can post your views supporting your opinion, but not fighting each other so hard (I am saying this to praka shakshy too). and more over this poll is not complete enough, coz some people like me is there who dont want any change in current system. for them no option at all. that means this poll is for only some particular people, not for all. I think I should be out of this. Best of luck... Enjoy fighting ;)

Note: See the link.... *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_languages_by_total_speakers

You can find that, 350 million ppl in india speaks English compared to 337 million ppl speaks in Hindi (this may be wrong as wikipedia is not completely safe source). So why not English. In this age of Globalization we should not consider those old things.... that english was imposed by britain so avoid it as national language.. when almost all the rules in indian penal code in made by british and we are following them blindly.

And what ever be our national languages you will write in english here and there... everywhere...

Last edited:

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
DipDaWiz said:
Note: See the link.... *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_languages_by_total_speakers

You can find that, 350 million ppl in india speaks English compared to 337 million ppl speaks in Hindi (this may be wrong as wikipedia is not completely safe source). So why not English.
But, how many of them "speaks" correct and standard English. It all depends on how do you count the real English speakers. I think, this Wikipedia entry is taking into account all the southern states, which is simply not the truth. How many in Maharashtra, Andhra, Kerala, Karnataka etc have English as their first language?

350m is 35 crores. Do your math.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom