what is faulty ?

dibya_kol

In the zone
hi guys,
i have already lost lot's of hair during this issue so i gave up and now i need some help fron u ..
8 days back in a evening i had played world of warcraft for 3-4 hrs then i shut doun my pc took rest for an hour and switched on my pc, since then the problem started. When i turn on my pc cpu and other fans spins for 3-4 seconds then the pc shutting down. That night i had tried several times but problem persist. Next morning when i switched on the pc booted smoothly and went to desktop but after 30-40 mins it shut down automaticly.(nt like power failure, it's like, when u press power botton in a running pc it shut down so quickly, pc shut down like that). I took everything off now only mobo, cpu, ran and psu is connected, switched on but same problem. Cpu fan spins for 3-4sec then pc shut down automaticly. But after a long gap when i turn on my pc it is running smoothly for 30-40 min then it shut down automaticaly like i told before and same prob happening !! Pc is nt staring cpu fan spins for 3-4 sec then it is shutting down !! Cpu temp is arround 45-50 so i thing it's nt the heat issue ..
My config is in my sigg..
So what is the prob ? Any suggestion is welcome ..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Most probably looks like a faulty PSU. Check with another PSU. Even generic ones will do. Do remeber to take out your graphics cards.
Also check with your PSU, removing the graphics cards.

OP
dibya_kol

dibya_kol

In the zone
Most probably looks like a faulty PSU. Check with another PSU. Even generic ones will do. Do remeber to take out your graphics cards.
Also check with your PSU, removing the graphics cards.

Changed the psu but problem persist ..

Naxal

Little Kid
Changed the psu but problem persist ..

What is the condition of the heat sink over south bridge ?? That too needs monitoring..

After long gap start the PC and monitor South Bridge temhs also, it may refer as Motherboard temp in BIOS, see if that is rising or not

aloodum

Journeyman
Check your motherboard mounting. See if its making any improper contact with some metail surface, causing it to short. Also check for rust build up.

sunny4691

Fell Off the Asembly Line
I am very sure that its your mobo's fault. I have troubleshooted this exact same problem for a friend by RMAing the mobo.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've faced similar issue due to loose fuse connection of the spike gurad - so check the fuse of spike gurad/wall power socket/UPS.

root.king

geek in action
1st only mobo+cpu
2nd mobo+cpu+ram
3rd mobo+cpu+ram+gpu
check like this it'll cought the problem very quickly.

OP
dibya_kol

dibya_kol

In the zone
Any update? @ dibya_kol?

I had sent my mobo to abacas, they checked and returned it to me and told me my mobo's problem has solved. I was very happy. I reinstalled os. No problem.
But Next morning the problem occured again. Since then the problem persist.
I don't know what to do. I am totaly lost !! And i am nt sure they(abacus) checked my mobo properly !! Or my cpu is causing prob ? It's temp is arround 45-50. I have checked psu,smps,gpu in my bro's pc. Those r working fine there.

can some one plz give/link me older vr of bios ? Something from 2011's.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just a guess but take out mobo with cpu & ram installed out of cabinet & place it on some non-conducting surface like newspaper.connect power button wire & press it to see if this issue can be reproduced.if it starts normally then leave it running for a few hours & if still no issue then post here.

funskar

Padawan
I had sent my mobo to abacas, they checked and returned it to me and told me my mobo's problem has solved. I was very happy. I reinstalled os. No problem.
But Next morning the problem occured again. Since then the problem persist.
I don't know what to do. I am totaly lost !! And i am nt sure they(abacus) checked my mobo properly !! Or my cpu is causing prob ? It's temp is arround 45-50. I have checked psu,smps,gpu in my bro's pc. Those r working fine there.

can some one plz give/link me older vr of bios ? Something from 2011's.

Bios 15-12-2011 - Biostar TZ68K+

Top Bottom