We are going under a revamp.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Removing console section was a bad idea. Atleast, you could have made it as a sub Forum to "PC gamerz" section by changing the name to "Hardcore gaming","serious gaming" or something like that. Removing console gamers section is not that good.Particularly, when the members are starting to take a look at other sections.

talking about console gamers, can you include the image signature feature? So that they can display their trophies, achievements, etc

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^ It was a very good idea. First get your discussions out of that thread and then we can talk.

Secondly, it hardly contained any threads. Out of the 60 threads it had, only 15-20 were really about consoles. Not much work for me; I can easily create a Console Gamers sub-forum and move them there. :p

Lastly, we need to improve as a community. Just make sure to check every section atleast once a day and make a post in atleast one thread which hasn't been replied to. Everyone used to do this naturally years ago.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Okay, try to be diplomatic, first. I'm just feeling that console gamers are out of choices to diversify their conversation which you are asking to do. It really helps to have a sub forum. No offense, just making a point.

In case, if you haven't noticed.. there are quite a few threads active in gamerz section now, like news channel, moh discussion, stalker, borderlands thread, etc. And the flow will continue. Just give users ample time to cope up with phase. Instead of just removing the forums :p

And update the rules section. add your name to admins and remove it from mods.

In every form, create a thread explaining how to create a thread, report a thread, etc. Not in any one forum. But in all. It helps a lot for absolute noobs. I could have started creating threads way before, if there was a tutorial in gamerz section(I didn't knew how to open a thread back then).

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Finally! Good going. I don't have any suggestions right now, but if ever something pops up in my head I'll let you know. :clap2: :goodjob:

Oh yeah, I got one. Can we had that 'Jump To' drop-down at the bottom of every page like we used to have earlier? It's kinda irritating having to scroll the whole page up again just to go back to the forum after reading a thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/

The current layout and organization of the forum page is which I plan to hold on for long. Feel free to comment on it.

Currently, the only issue I see is the demand of a Console section under Gamerz just like Lifestyle in Community Discussions. I'll surely do that if I feel that people have started moving out of their mega thread.

The whole of Nigeria (probably) and half of China has been IP nuked. Spam should GREATLY reduce now. However, Indian-human-spammers may still be able to enter.

Two-three supermods and two section mods may be added. I'm discussing with them. Finally we need moar active mods. :p And they won't have to deal with much spam either which kalpik, FilledVoid and me had to deal with.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Reduce the size of Profile picture and increase the size of Avatar. And the level of compression it applies should be reduced too. TDF server compresses images highly than most of other forum

Do think about possibilities of implementing Image signature.

Who

Guess Who's Back
I feel there should be some encouragement for people to post in technical section , after all this a tech forum it ain't all football & movies ya' know ? so what i suggest is there should some point system or something like that , we could discuss it more as i feel post count aren't enough to warrant a post in other section (as half of the queries are answered by 2-3 people). i have few systems in mind, i would like to discuss with you see to if it can fly, so are you interested ?

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I feel there should be some encouragement for people to post in technical section , after all this a tech forum it ain't all football & movies ya' know ? so what i suggest is there should some point system or something like that , we could discuss it more as i feel post count aren't enough to warrant a post in other section (as half of the queries are answered by 2-3 people). i have few systems in mind, i would like to discuss with you see to if it can fly, so are you interested ?
Reputation system you mean?

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I'll look into it.

Earlier Avatar size was 80x80 with max 16kB and Profile Picture was 100x100 with max 65kB. Now, both are 100x100 with max 32kB each. :)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Rep system is prone to abuse. We don't want people trying every trick in the book to get points for themselves.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like this theme very much though it's old - it's like old is gold.

BTW, you can find some free themes in here : FREE Templates and Themes for Download

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hola!

I'll chip in my views for the Gamer section only, as I'm hardly browsing any other section, EVER.

One section for Games - Yes. We don't need segregation of Games section into console, PC or even casual for that matter. Just keep it simple & sweet and have one unified section for games. It's easily identified and associated with.

Platform Tags for threads - I have seen this happening on another forum. Let's say I have a query specific to a particular platform (console or PC), I can click on the respective bubble while creating a thread and the result is you'll have a platform tag associated with it. Something like this:

*img171.imageshack.us/img171/733/53746008.jpg

Result:
*img140.imageshack.us/img140/7951/31896278.jpg

This will help specifying/associating the game for it's respective platform. I'm not sure if this is even feasible, but it's definitely a good alternative than having a separate console section, which is hardly frequented.

Prioritising Sticky Threads - I think we need to sort out the sticky threads and prioritise them. Does 'To be released games discussion' thread really need to be stickied? 'Content for Games' is stickied and locked. Pick a thread which would probably have information regarding something like 'the purchase guide of a console', 'newbies guide for upgrading to a gaming PC' or something like that. I keep getting a lot of PM's of which console to purchase, it's price, location, advantages etc. So it would be good to have a thread stickied along the lines.

Weed out to old/unwanted/spam threads - Let's face it, we have like a gazillion threads in the Gamerz section. Why not clean out some? I doubt we would have people bumping a Page 51 thread any time soon, unless it's a BOT. This should saves us some web-space and we could always create a new thread for a query, this would be a fresh start.

Reputation system - Not saying it's entirely needed, but sometimes people might feel the need to be credited for the work that they do. What better way to do it then a reputation system?

phpBB - Can we please have it back? Pretty please (with vanilla cream & cherry on top). :)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yea, remove the casual gamerz section. And, if the Platform tagging is implemented, every game will have it's identity, which will beat the necessity of having another section for consoles.

Krow

Crowman
Good suggestions by Ethan.

ico Can anything be done for the save post as draft feature?

Also, maybe photography could be a separate section. Or at least the photography thread could be moved to some other section. I think we need to do something in order to have fewer people visiting the Community Discussions forum. If we move that thread out of there, the members active there will be able to give camera buying advice and guides better maybe.

Top Bottom