Video Game Piracy in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
If u don have enough money to buy Original Games then PLEASE don't Play Games.:rolleyes:

Try free or open source games like me instead :D

I have a superb idea to play Quake 3 LEGALLY:- :D

0. We all know that Quake 3 Arena is Open Source (thank u id software)

1.Join in a good C/C++ course or buy a good book, study C/C++ throughly for atleast 2 years.:D

2.Join in a Computer Graphics course or buy a good book and learn everything about 3D graphics:D

3.Buy the most slowest,oldest P4-based computer with 845-Onboard graphics, with no more than 128MB RAM.:D(Cauz is AMD is faster, and we don want a fast computer)

4.Load the most buggiest version of some linux distro:D

5.Get a slow internet connection with a relatively high failure rate:D (easily available right?)

6.Download the Quake 3 source code from id software's website.

7.Now forget everything in ur life, work with the Quake 3 source code and port the code to run on ubuntu, work hard,really really hard, don study, don listen to ur folks at home, ignore ur girlfriend, throw away ur mobile & work with the code.:D:D

8.use GIMP to create some images & some models to use in our version of Quake 3.(If u can) :D

9.Get everything together:D (only the game, not the things in ur life)

10.Find a good day with good climate to go out with ur girlfriend, but when she asks u, don go out with her, instead turn on ur computer to play our custom version of Quake 3!!!!:D

11. Don stop playing until the CPU melts down, and when it melts down, u have succesfully completed a game legally with nothing but ur own effort. Congrats:D:D

Last edited:
I buy original games(PS2) whenever I can but expecting people in our country who do their PC gaming on IGP's(like me) is just asking too much.

BTW
Skullptura+awesome compression;)

Oh! sorry man, i think i understand u now :)
Glad you do :)
If u don have enough money to buy Original Games then PLEASE don't Play Games.:rolleyes:

Try free or open source games like me instead :D

I have a superb idea to play Quake 3 LEGALLY:- :D

0. We all know that Quake 3 Arena is Open Source (thank u id software)

1.Join in a good C/C++ course or buy a good book, study C/C++ throughly for atleast 2 years.:D

2.Join in a Computer Graphics course or buy a good book and learn everything about 3D graphics:D

3.Buy the most slowest,oldest P4-based computer with 845-Onboard graphics, with no more than 128MB RAM.:D(Cauz is AMD is faster, and we don want a fast computer)

4.Load the most buggiest version of some linux distro:D

5.Get a slow internet connection with a relatively high failure rate:D (easily available right?)

6.Download the Quake 3 source code from id software's website.

7.Now forget everything in ur life, work with the Quake 3 source code and port the code to run on ubuntu, work hard,really really hard, don study, don listen to ur folks at home, ignore ur girlfriend, throw away ur mobile & work with the code.:D:D

8.use GIMP to create some images & some models to use in our version of Quake 3.(If u can) :D

9.Get everything together:D (only the game, not the things in ur life)

10.Find a good day with good climate to go out with ur girlfriend, but when she asks u, don go out with her, instead turn on ur computer to play our custom version of Quake 3!!!!:D

11. Don stop playing until the CPU melts down, and when it melts down, u have succesfully completed a game legally with nothing but ur own effort. Congrats:D:D

Or just download OpenArena *openarena.ws/files.html :p

icebags

Technomancer
thanx for the info STALKER IS DOWN TO 299, i m gunna look for it. Do u think its scary enuff to scare my soul out of my body ? :D

i like free stuff over these expensive stuff : so, playing free mmorpgs for ~3 yrs now .... Flyff, Tales Runner FTW.:cool:

<< Proudd owner of WinXP Home, 15+ game titles and OpenOffice.org Legal Copies.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
@@@ klaw::
Dude , i lived in sweden . and it 'had' the highest rates of s/w piracy in the world . The stupid EU parley decided to tax every download even freeware . Thankfully sense prevailed and law was never passed or considered .

You really can't expect a guy who is short on dough to buy a game . Instead he will buy a broadband connection and if he ever has money left to spend he will take his gf/friends out to some fancy hotel or buy her a diamond ring . US has a spending culture , india has a saving culture .

FINAL VERDICT -Piracy is bad . Don't attack sailors .

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Dude , i lived in sweden . and it 'had' the highest rates of s/w piracy in the world . The stupid EU parley decided to tax every download even freeware . Thankfully sense prevailed and law was never passed or considered .

You really can't expect a guy who is short on dough to buy a game . Instead he will buy a broadband connection and if he ever has money left to spend he will take his gf/friends out to some fancy hotel or buy her a diamond ring . US has a spending culture , india has a saving culture .

FINAL VERDICT -Piracy is bad . Don't attack sailors .

Ahh, Sweden!! Home of The Pirate Bay!! :D
Ultimately it all boils down to your ethics. Over here, some people won't buy a game even if they're fully capable of buying it. And this inspite of knowing all about piracy etc. For them, a penny saved is a penny earned. Or they may think that instead of spending Rs.1000 on a single original game, they can get 20+ pirated games for that amount. Or they have better use for it.

I'd like to see the money someone saves by not buying original games, being spent on his lawyer's fees!! :D

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);

US has a spending culture , india has a saving culture .

+1000000 :D. Ya, Instead of thinking abt how to save money, we should think abt how to make more money :cool: ( And buy all the latest games :D )

Ahh, Sweden!! Home of The Pirate Bay!! :D
Ultimately it all boils down to your ethics. Over here, some people won't buy a game even if they're fully capable of buying it. And this inspite of knowing all about piracy etc. For them, a penny saved is a penny earned. Or they may think that instead of spending Rs.1000 on a single original game, they can get 20+ pirated games for that amount. Or they have better use for it.

I'd like to see the money someone saves by not buying original games, being spent on his lawyer's fees!! :D

Well Said man......Instead of buying 1 Apple they will buy 20 samosas instead and spend their money on doctor's fees & tablets & tonic........If we say this, then we r a fool, just leave em' they themselves will burn em. :cool:

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
+1000000 :D. Ya, Instead of thinking abt how to save money, we should think abt how to make more money :cool: ( And buy all the latest games :D )

Well Said man......Instead of buying 1 Apple they will buy 20 samosas instead and spend their money on doctor's fees & tablets & tonic........If we say this, then we r a fool, just leave em' they themselves will burn em. :cool:

I read the article from Digit magazine and realize the fact that it revealed.Of course digit enlightens me a lot, at that time i cant afford to buy original stuffs as i am a student. So i buy the pirated stuffs. But now, whenever i have money go and buy some original game titles and feel the pride. But this not tells that u all must buy original games, but try to buy it if u can afford to do so.
@prasad_amd:
Last time when i go odyssey here, i see the farcry still priced as 599/-
But u post that as 299/-:confused:
Anyway i do visit it today and checkout the price once again and post here...

@mehra.rakesh:US has a spending culture , india has a saving culture .
Well that is not wholly true,it is just that their per capita income is high as compared to our country so they can afford to buy more stuff,and no economy can sustain itself if people just save money.We are heavy spenders too, just look at our marriages and social functions and maybe other stuff if you dig deeper.

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
@prasad_amd:
Last time when i go odyssey here, i see the farcry still priced as 599/-
But u post that as 299/-:confused:
Anyway i do visit it today and checkout the price once again and post here...

My copy of Far Cry bought on Dec 05 for 499/- in Spencer Plaza chennai. Now i'm seeing Far Cry priced for Rs.299/- in odyssey, but i do see different versions of far cry in odyssey.

As far as i know, and as far as Far Cry is concerned, it is available as:-

Big Box Version -> 599/- ( U Saw in Odyssey ):D
Normal Version -> 499/- ( My Copy ):D
Economy Version -> 299/-( Me saw in Odyssey ):D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
My copy of Far Cry bought on Dec 05 for 499/- in Spencer Plaza chennai. Now i'm seeing Far Cry priced for Rs.299/- in odyssey, but i do see different versions of far cry in odyssey.

As far as i know, and as far as Far Cry is concerned, it is available as:-

Big Box Version -> 599/- ( U Saw in Odyssey ):D
Normal Version -> 499/- ( My Copy ):D
Economy Version -> 299/-( Me saw in Odyssey ):D
Whats the difference between them..... Heck.... Anyway i go by this weekend to see the prices in landmark in spencer plaza and i post here after that.....
If i got Splinter Cell DA for 299 sure i got it since i just play it in my friends system and i was pretty much interested...Although NFS:UG2 499:shock:.... Man thats bad pricing...

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
Whats the difference between them..... Heck.... Anyway i go by this weekend to see the prices in landmark in spencer plaza and i post here after that.....
I think the only difference is the box size!!!. but recently i'm seeing only the 299/- version on the shelves @ odyssey here @ trichy
If i got Splinter Cell DA for 299 sure i got it since i just play it in my friends system and i was pretty much interested...
Congrats man, happy sneaking & double crossing in double agent :D
Although NFS:UG2 499:shock:.... Man thats bad pricing...
Sure, i'd give a max of 199/- for NFSUG2

PS:Original game buyers were not given any respect or consideration by distributors here in India. My copy of Call Of Duty bought 2 years ago, had nothing but 2 CDs in the game box!!!:mad: when I am buying a game, i expect to see some exciting stuff along wit the game, but most of the games feature nothing, even my copy of Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare which costs a whopping 1299/- featured nothing but the game disc and a stupid game manual!!!!!!!:x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom