Video Game Piracy in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

toofan

Technomancer
Ok now don't you all want to know what the mods and team digit has to say about this.

Where are the mods. please let us know about your views about piracy and what do you think about the discussion going around. Do you agree that its acceptable in India to some extent by reading the reasons the members are giving.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Ya, keep on agreeing with him :rolleyes:

i dont see anything wrong in his reply.it is not necessary that everyone should have the same taste.

btw the topic itself should not exist.
dude apply your brain also.whatever you see may not be correct sometimes.

almost any matured and alert person can easily figure out whats going on and whats the real picture behind this.

the topic is too big and cant be explained here.

the hole goes deeper.

if pure piracy really exist. then these software developing giants would have gone bankrupt within days.

your entire answer in a single word.tax.

think............

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
i dont see anything wrong in his reply.

No, there is, let me point it out for u:-

Say, if ur not interested in cricket, and tats ur personal opinion, would u go in to a bunch of enthusiastic cricket players, stand in the middle and say ur personal opinion like, "CRICKET IS TOO STUPID TO BE A HOBBY"??????. :mad:, "i'd rather do things tat were useful to my life????". -> this is wat tat guy u agree with said :rolleyes:
btw the topic itself should not exist.
dude apply your brain also.

Dude, I know how the world works, but if we pretend to be a fool, then we can easily learn how much of a fool others are........:cool:

Any more questions ?

Ya One More:- :cool:

WHY R U COMING INTO THE GAMING SECTION IF U THINK GAMING AS A STUPID ACTIVITY? :cool:

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat

Say, if ur not interested in cricket, would u go in to a bunch of enthusiastic cricket players, stand in the middle and say, "CRICKET IS TOO STUPID TO BE A HOBBY??????". :mad:, "i'd rather do things tat were useful to me????". -> this is wat tat guy u agree with said :rolleyes:

well may be his way of presentation was not correct.

Dude, I know how the world works, but only if we stay like a fool, then we can learn how much of a fool others are........:cool:

nice way to learn.:cool: but i think almost nobody here is like that.btw dont you think we all are fooling around here.:D

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
btw dont you think we are all fooling around here.:D

Ya :D

Ok now don't you all want to know what the mods and team digit has to say about this.

Where are the mods. please let us know about your views about piracy and what do you think about the discussion going around. Do you agree that its acceptable in India to some extent by reading the reasons the members are giving.

Ya Right, hey Digit Team, where r u folks? :(

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
WTF, you still fighting ? This aint gonna be over, trust me. Nothing is gonna stop piracy in India, not atleast this forum man :|.

toofan

Technomancer
WTF, you still fighting ? This aint gonna be over, trust me. Nothing is gonna stop piracy in India, not atleast this forum man :neutral:.

This thread is not meant to stop piracy. No one is saying that we should leave piracy except ONE and that one is being demoralized by many.
Here everyone is trying to justify the piracy.

MODS/administrator where are you:evil:? We want to know the view of all mods on this topic.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Those who can afford to (or don't realize that there are cheaper but illegal alternatives, or are scared that pirated media contains malware), go and buy the original stuff. The rest of 'em shall burn in hell!!! :D

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
This thread is not meant to stop piracy. No one is saying that we should leave piracy except ONE and that one is being demoralized by many.

Me? r u saying abt me toofan? :)
Here everyone is trying to justify the piracy.
+100000000000000000000000000 :mad:
MODS/administrator where are you:evil:? We want to know the view of all mods on this topic.

ya,wher r u guys?.....:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Those who can afford to (or don't realize that there are cheaper but illegal alternatives, or are scared that pirated media contains malware), go and buy the original stuff. The rest of 'em shall burn in hell!!! :D

and they should be fried like chicken....... :D:D

Last edited:
OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
I my self have seen police raids in markets for piracy goods. After a week, the vendors are all back, again pirating stuff freely. So it is all organized.
Remove Pirates = Piracy Removed.

short & sweet man, Core Indian reality.....anything the Digit MODS have to say abt this? :mad:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Why are you guys fighting over this ??

Those who want to use pirated stuff, let them use and who wants to buy original can keep on buying it.

Cause first of all, everyone who has posted here hasnt changed. Who was buying original is still buying original and some people like me are still using pirated stuff, and will be using pirated stuff (right now download Resident Evil 4+ for PC, what will you do to me?).

STOP FIGHTING.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

TBH.... i can point u to the anti piracy cell.. they will pick up ur ip addresss and the rest they will be doing it for u... most probably they will put a false charge like hoarding s/w's or something in line of that on ya and keep u in remand for 2 days..by this time ur parents will be cryin all over the place... bringing in lawyers..and wasting money by bribing the cops and eventually ....they will let u go in light of not enough evidence and saying u are a minor or some craps like that...

these all could happen to u from the top of my mind..so please being a s/w pirate is due to ur condn ..i agree..but dont consider it as a "kewl" thing....or something to be proud of.

Software Piracy is a Crime.Punishable by indian IT act.remember that before plastering it on a public site. if u think i am saying crap. think again.

and oh yeah... by this we all at thinkdigit.com will know who really are..thnx to our media... :D

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
/\ I R AFRAID :(

Anyways, I cant afford original software so I am now departing from the software world. Will only buy original software. One software per year as tat is all I can afford. Thanks for 'educating' me. :(

Say, if ur not interested in cricket, and tats ur personal opinion, would u go in to a bunch of enthusiastic cricket players, stand in the middle and say ur personal opinion like, "CRICKET IS TOO STUPID TO BE A HOBBY"??????. :mad:, "i'd rather do things tat were useful to my life????". -> this is wat tat guy u agree with said :rolleyes:
again you got me wrong.

WHY R U COMING INTO THE GAMING SECTION IF U THINK GAMING AS A STUPID ACTIVITY? :cool:

I never said gaming is stupid. I just said as far as I am concerned, its just a leisure activity and I don't consider it being worth spending 2000 rupees per month for games, and if I game I do so only casually, with mostly freewares and demos.

toofan

Technomancer
/\ I R AFRAID :(

Anyways, I cant afford original software so I am now departing from the software world. Will only buy original software. One software per year as tat is all I can afford. Thanks for 'educating' me. :(

Ab aa gaya line par.

If you are a pirate (thief) then don't feel proud of what you are. Feeling proud means you are doing it willing and don't want to improve yourself.

And That is the sprite and manners you must show on any public appearance.
Try to be a true person by soul. And please Don't take it personnal.

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
Ab aa gaya line par.

If you are a pirate (thief) then don't feel proud of what you are. Feeling proud means you are doing it willing and don't want to improve yourself.

And That is the sprite and manners you must show on any public appearance.
Try to be a true person by soul. And please Don't take it personnal.

Well Said. :)

^^^

TBH.... i can point u to the anti piracy cell.. they will pick up ur ip addresss and the rest they will be doing it for u... most probably they will put a false charge like hoarding s/w's or something in line of that on ya and keep u in remand for 2 days..by this time ur parents will be cryin all over the place... bringing in lawyers..and wasting money by bribing the cops and eventually ....they will let u go in light of not enough evidence and saying u are a minor or some craps like that...

these all could happen to u from the top of my mind..so please being a s/w pirate is due to ur condn ..i agree..but dont consider it as a "kewl" thing....or something to be proud of.

Software Piracy is a Crime.Punishable by indian IT act.remember that before plastering it on a public site. if u think i am saying crap. think again.

and oh yeah... by this we all at thinkdigit.com will know who really are..thnx to our media... :D

What is the chance of this happening to us? :D

I never said gaming is stupid. I just said as far as I am concerned, its just a leisure activity and I don't consider it being worth spending 2000 rupees per month for games, and if I game I do so only casually, with mostly freewares and demos.

Oh! sorry man, i think i understand u now :)

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Nowadays most people get their dose of piracy through torrents. In the US and in some European countries, the ISPs themselves take some responsibility to control illegal downloads and you're very likely to get a notice from your provider if they catch you downloading copyrighted material. Sadly (or not?) this doesn't happen in India and unless someone explicitly complains against an individual, no action is likely to be taken.

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
Nowadays most people get their dose of piracy through torrents. In the US and in some European countries, the ISPs themselves take some responsibility to control illegal downloads and you're very likely to get a notice from your provider if they catch you downloading copyrighted material. Sadly (or not?) this doesn't happen in India and unless someone explicitly complains against an individual, no action is likely to be taken.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom