Video Game Piracy in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey buddy, don forget that inspite of piracy, Gaming is still a multi-billion dollar business, and that too in the US alone, surpassing the Hollywood boxoffice recipts. Means if ur a game dev, and if u can give some hits like F.E.A.R., Crysis :rolleyes:...then u can get ur whole life's salary whatever ur current job can get u, in one go from selling ur game alone,let alone the fame u get,
Yeah, Yeah and Yeah.
So What ?
Does that mean I too should go and start gaming like everyone else ?
I never said gamers are stupid.
I just said its simply not the thing for me.

Hey MetalHeadGautam, if u wanna be useful to the society & the people, why not study I.A.S and be a collector man? :D
And what if I prefer something else ?

If gaming is too stupid to be a hobby, then all bollywood movies are also stupid :D....tell me what do u gain from movies?.
->If spending 1000/- for a single block-buster game is costly, then wat abt the first-day tickets for bollywood movies?. i bet u will waste 300/- for 3hrs???????:shock: man, gaming is much better than bollywood sh**.
Let me guess: Since I said I don't game, you assumed that I love bollywood and holywood ? :rolleyes:

->How can u say cycling as a hobby? :D.
The same way you say gaming as a hobby :p

->Being a gamer doesn't have to be someone u can't support linux :mad:.
And when did linux come into picture ? :p

-> :D hey buddy, writing & music is a passion for almost every human being!! :D.
So what ? Anything wrong with that ?

Last edited by a moderator:

toofan

Technomancer
I some time feel that how much money these guys would be having ,they buy original game and then they find their cracks and then provide them to public for free. They waste their so much time to gain nothing except the label of a thief. And what would be the source of their income.
Apne Baap ke paise ka misuse karte hain or kutch nahi. Am i right?????
Meine kahin suna tha ki chori ko support karne wala bhi chor hi hota hai. Kya hum sub chor hain?????:confused:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Yeah, Yeah and Yeah.
So What ?
Does that mean I too should go and start gaming like everyone else ?
I never said gamers are stupid.
I just said its simply not the thing for me.

And what if I prefer something else ?

Let me guess: Since I said I don't game, you assumed that I love bollywood and holywood ? :rolleyes:

The same way you say gaming as a hobby :p

And when did linux come into picture ? :p

So what ? Anything wrong with

I am the typical i-live-my-own-life-and-i-don't-base-my-decisions-based-on-other-people's-choices-and-i-take-pride-in-being-outside-any-typical-dumb-faggotish-stereotype

Any more questions ?

i again agree with you.:D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I some time feel that how much money these guys would be having ,they buy original game and then they find their cracks and then provide them to public for free. They waste their so much time to gain nothing except the label of a thief. And what would be the source of their income.
Apne Baap ke paise ka misuse karte hain or kutch nahi. Am i right?????
Meine kahin suna tha ki chori ko support karne wala bhi chor hi hota hai. Kya hum sub chor hain?????:confused:

We cant afford to pay 1k for a game every 2 weeks (2.5k for X360 and 1.2k for PSP) like the foreign country people so we buy pirated games. We are not theifs practically. And abt the crackers, they dont buy games, they have their own sources :D.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Bhai log 100 baat ki 1 baat, the reason for which Piracy rules is the same by which it can be killed and that is, which you all know, Pricing!!! The change of few vowels in a word has made it proportionate, Piracy and Pricing, get it. There will be no outcome of this thread except for the fact that Pricing is what causes Piracy and it is the only thing that can stop it. So my Vivacious,Voracious,Vociferous Vandals, I bid adieu to you all from future wrangle in this Vehemently debated section about decadent debauchery of our repressive aberration prone capitalistic socio-economic structure which has made us cantankerous lot squabbling over futile pursuits of mortal senses. I bow thee! :cool:

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Nice playing with words but I can decipher it. I love English literature too :D.

Another outcome of the thread will be that it will be banned :D.

toofan

Technomancer
Here we are not giving anyone the tips on how to do piracy?
we are only discussing. If this thread is locked then there are more chances that the members supporting piracy too should be blocked. :D:D:D
The rule is simple and to all.:p

So get ready. Do you think digit has that much courage to block so many IDs at once. I don't think so. Unko bhi to apni dukan chalani hai.:p

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
What you buy Original or pirate stuff depends upon your pocket. People in US get games pc parts consoles so cheap that they have two's of them but here in india we need to kill our other wishes to get a original games worth 1k to 2k. If prices of such stuff is dropped the piracy thing would vanish all of a sudden

Shloeb

In the zone
Bhai log 100 baat ki 1 baat, the reason for which Piracy rules is the same by which it can be killed and that is, which you all know, Pricing!!! The change of few vowels in a word has made it proportionate, Piracy and Pricing, get it. There will be no outcome of this thread except for the fact that Pricing is what causes Piracy and it is the only thing that can stop it. So my Vivacious,Voracious,Vociferous Vandals, I bid adieu to you all from future wrangle in this Vehemently debated section about decadent debauchery of our repressive aberration prone capitalistic socio-economic structure which has made us cantankerous lot squabbling over futile pursuits of mortal senses. I bow thee! :cool:
Stole from V for Vendetta. Another case of piracy here. :D;):p

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Ok lets Suppose we buy a new PC and Try to load it with Original Software, then have a look
i added only bare minimum softwares that a Average Home User uses, not a techie type.
Hardware(average configuration) etc --> 25,000/-
Windows Vista Home Premium --> 5,525/-
MS Office 2007 home & student --> 3,800/-
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite --> Rs :494/
Nero 8 Essentials Rs.2000/-
So 25000(hardware)+11819(software) ==> Rs.36819/-

Which means 42% increase in Cost of Computers.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Ok lets Suppose we buy a new PC and Try to load it with Original Software, then have a look
i added only bare minimum softwares that a Average Home User uses, not a techie type.

You borröw original software$ rather than buying them.........lolz.....

then it would be better to you linux and other open source softwares like openorg,gaim,ff3 and several others as well

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

then it would be better to you linux and other open source softwares like openorg,gaim,ff3 and several others as well
That's Okay but borrowed software aren't original anyore has you didn't pay for software, you just got it. Untill and Unless you pay for Software you use, they can't be called orginal
So that beats the purpose we are trying to achieve.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I bought Burnout Legends for PSP for 1.5k and PoP : Revelations for 1.5k. GTA4 for X360 for 2.5k.
bcoz pirated games r not available in market for new consoles...:D

I am looking forward to buy FarCry 2 and GTA4 (even though I have it) cause these are the games that need to be supported.
Y u r supporting r they on the verge of xtinction :rolleyes:

Btw wats this thread about to enchance piracy or 2 remove it....:confused:

even if we buy pirated stuffs.then also we r paying an amount...we r not getting it as
free ryt...:rolleyes:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
bcoz pirated games r not available in market for new consoles...:D

Y u r supporting r they on the verge of xtinction :rolleyes:

Btw wats this thread about to enchance piracy or 2 remove it....:confused:

even if we buy pirated stuffs.then also we r paying an amount...we r not getting it as
free ryt...:rolleyes:

I wasnt ready to buy any original stuff for PSP but as I bought it from Singapore I needed something to play so bought Burnout from there and PoP from here. As for X360, it will be modded in a week. :D:D

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@plasma panda

post source from next time :D

@others

Piracy is extremely important for the balance of world's economy and technology. If you keep buying software, you wont have money left for other expenses. On the other hand, if you dont buy software at all, you'll be pushed to the end of the line in the today's technologically advanced world. So you have to get either money or software for free. And in india, people are caught for duplicating money, but not for duplicating software. So piracy is the reason for india's stability :D

^^ rant written while running a high temperature so dunno what im saying lol :D

ancientrites

In the zone
i will only buy original games cds if charged at 50/- i dont care how much game developers works on creating up games or i care playing online.Since this is india everything is fair in love and war.Till then all hailszzzz piracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom