Video Game Piracy in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Piracy would never go away!!!! :D :D :D

At least until the the time when a game released in India costs Rs. 300 on Day 1 of its release!!!

Even then, there..will be pircacy..cause the Pirate will sell it for Rs 50. And Rs 50 is much much less than Rs 300. Indian consumers go for the cheaper..because the quality will be the same (after installation)..be it a Rs 300 purcahse or a Rs 50 purchase.

Its our mindset, consumer habits, and organized piracy....combination of all, that piracy is so prevalent here in India.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Even then, there..will be pircacy..cause the Pirate will sell it for Rs 50. And Rs 50 is much much less than Rs 300. Indian consumers go for the cheaper..because the quality will be the same (after installation)..be it a Rs 300 purcahse or a Rs 50 purchase.

Its our mindset, consumer habits, and organized piracy....combination of all, that piracy is so prevalent here in India.
^^+1
:D
But i must go for 300Rs original... Out of 4 games that i bought, 2 were useless, either by worst CD or by any scratch and i struggle to get that changed each and every time.. So i decided to get the original version from then.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^+1
:D
But i must go for 300Rs original... Out of 4 games that i bought, 2 were useless, either by worst CD or by any scratch and i struggle to get that changed each and every time.. So i decided to get the original version from then.

ha! there are no discs in torrents :D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I play free games........:D

Urban Terror, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Trackmania Nations........:D

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
NOTE: AM NOT PROMOTING PIRACY HERE --- JUST STATING A FACT FOR OTHERS KNOWLEDGE.

ha! there are no discs in torrents :D

Well..just to state: guess where the pirates make their cd's from. Where else..torrent sources. :)

I remember buying a pirated game, it had "razor" files in it. There was some issue with the setup. I pasted in the name of one razor file on google. Bingo..a torrent site came up, with the solution. And I checked the torrent contents..they were exactly the same, as the pirated disc I possessed...!!!! There are many people out there..who just for kicks...post original / cracked versions of softwares/games. And then promote the links...!!!!

They make DVD-clones and .EXEs which can operate without the game disc.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
NOTE: AM NOT PROMOTING PIRACY HERE --- JUST STATING A FACT FOR OTHERS KNOWLEDGE.

Well..just to state: guess where the pirates make their cd's from. Where else..torrent sources. :)

I remember buying a pirated game, it had "razor" files in it. There was some issue with the setup. I pasted in the name of one razor file on google. Bingo..a torrent site came up, with the solution. And I checked the torrent contents..they were exactly the same, as the pirated disc I possessed...!!!! There are many people out there..who just for kicks...post original / cracked versions of softwares/games. And then promote the links...!!!!

They make DVD-clones and .EXEs which can operate without the game disc.

You didnt know this ?? LOL :lol:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Not really..cause most of my pirated stuff...used to install fine...only when I got an installation error..I was enlightened..! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom