Very high end configuration rig needed..Please suggest

VAMPIRETHEONE

Broken In
Totally agree with Krow. Y waste an additional 35 k on 980 x ? going for 930 is a far smarter option.... if willing to oc , den obviously this is the choice.

5970 or 5990 hands down , or see what fermi has to offer.

Dont blow unnecessary cash on luxury , never to b used items, Remember , in this world of tech , u can never have something truly "future proof" ( Unless you work for US secret service, of course :) ) . However much cash u blow on it . I'll suggest to save up d excess and go on a staggered upgrade route, every 6 mnts - 1 yr or so .

Eyefinity or 30" , either way , cant go wrong , but no 26", wont get requisite resolution.

LianLi cabby seriously roxx...

As u having such a huge budget , i suggest u keep an eye on the "tech of tommorow " as there is always something new in the works...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ kanishka

Hi buddy

If you can afford the 980x then its a superb choice. The fastest proccy in the planet that is.
Mmm.. WHY DONT YOU GO FOR THE FERMI GPU'S.The gtx 480 should be okay and you can SLI two cards to beat the 5870.It also has physx and 3d vision so go for it.

Krow

Crowman
GTX480, hmmm.... Load temps of 100 degree celsius on a single card! Are you sure SLI won't start a Chicken Roast in the rig?

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
^^
LMAO ("Chicken Roast")

well still i am not sure for which processor should i go , but according to me 980x is more future proof as compared to 930.

@GTX 480 , well i think i should research more on it too.. thanks for the suggestion.

But still I am researching.

tusharrastogi

Broken In
Intel Core i7 Extreme 975/980
Asus P6T7 WS SuperComputer / Asus Rampage II Extreme / GA-EX58-EXTREME
4xCorsair TR3X6G1600C8D 6GB Kit
2x WDC 2TB SATA 3.5" 7200rpm/10000rpm/15000rpm
WD 4TB Hard Drive : Model No-WDH2Q40000S (external)
Dell 24" Ultrasharp WFP / Samsung best model 1920
Coolermaster Cosmos Sport - Part No : RC-1100-KKN1-GP
Tagan Model No : BZ1300 Modular Power Supply
Asus BC-1205PT - Part No : BC-1205PT
2xAsus DRW-24B1ST
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Sound Card
Asus 5970 2GB DDR5
Hauppauge HD PVR Tv Tuner Card
Logitech G9x Laser Mouse / Logitech MX Air Rechargable Cordless Air Mouse / Logitech Performance Mouse M950 / The Razer Mamba
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard / Logitech diNovo Edge Keyboard / The Razer Tarantula
Logitech HDMI Audio Video Cable
Razer Megasoma Mouse pad

This is wht i think is the best config so far. I hope you will like it. I have finalized it for myself and Sams is helping me out to build this. You also pls consider it and i hope my suggestion might be helpful to you.

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
^^

Well are you suggesting me 24 GB RAM?

and btw what is the total price coming out to be?

you config is good.. I think that RAM is bit too much.

@for all members

I think very soon price of hd 5870 and others will go down to much extent because of Fermi(GTX 480 ,470) ...

See here the performance diff:
*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_gtx480/15.htm

*www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-470-480-review/19

Also guys many people are saying that crossfire/sli of cards would be waste , you people can see how much frame rate this new game Metro 2033 gives full settings. IMO , two cards are really necessary for the future proof computing.

Also I have read somewhere that there are many DX11 games coming in 2010-11 that would require really high graphics performance from cards(ie. good quality card)

I am still wondering how on earth does the game give mere 12-16 fps in 2560x1900 in best graphics cards.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
hey kanishka, 24 gb of ram would be just rubbish.... only unnecessary wastage of money.... go with 12gb.... (a lot more than enough....):oops:
Asus Rampage II Extreme (dont know about rampage III extreme yet)
Corsair 3*4 GB Kit
2x WDC 2TB SATA 3.5" 7200rpm/10000rpm/15000rpm
a good lcd 30" or more
Coolermaster Cosmos Sport - Part No : RC-1100-KKN1-GP
Tagan Model No : BZ1300 Modular Power Supply
Asus BC-1205PT - Part No : BC-1205PT
2xAsus DRW-24B1ST
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Sound Card
Asus 5970 2GB DDR5
Hauppauge HD PVR Tv Tuner Card
Logitech G9x Laser Mouse / Logitech MX Air Rechargable Cordless Air Mouse / Logitech Performance Mouse M950 / The Razer Mamba
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard / Logitech diNovo Edge Keyboard / The Razer Tarantula
Logitech HDMI Audio Video Cable
Razer Megasoma Mouse pad

looks nice....;-)

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
I think very soon price of hd 5870 and others will go down to much extent because of Fermi(GTX 480 ,470) ...
No it won't. GTX 480/470 are not that impressive considering their price: 31/24k and power consumption and chicken roasting abilities. 5870 is still excellent value for money while not compromising that much in terms of performance.
Also guys many people are saying that crossfire/sli of cards would be waste , you people can see how much frame rate this new game Metro 2033 gives full settings. IMO , two cards are really necessary for the future proof computing.
It is and will be a waste, unless you are looking for bragging rights. Get the single fastest card you can and play all you like.

I am still saying that for such a high budget, get a rig which is nice and fast and very cost effective today. Keep upgrading it every two years. Sell off the "old" parts and move on to the newer ones. That way the newer rig will be cheaper. Other than for bragging rights, the PC that you are buying will be pretty much a waste of money. When all your work may be done as effectively by an i7 930 based rig within 100-120k.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yeah
thats why sam.shab renamed gtx 4xx series as
MICROWAVE EDITION
:D:D:D

cause XFX 8600Gt have been named Electric Stove Edition. so Microwave Edition doesn't looks too bad. Nvidia should thank me, i gave them so much respect on a card enough to boil an egg for me while i complete 1 mission :smile:

It is and will be a waste, unless you are looking for bragging rights. Get the single fastest card you can and play all you like.

I am still saying that for such a high budget, get a rig which is nice and fast and very cost effective today. Keep upgrading it every two years. Sell off the "old" parts and move on to the newer ones. That way the newer rig will be cheaper. Other than for bragging rights, the PC that you are buying will be pretty much a waste of money. When all your work may be done as effectively by an i7 930 based rig within 100-120k.

yup. no to Crossfire or SLI or multi cards. just get a single fast GPU of any vendor after 2 generation i.e. HD5870 now & HD7870 after 2yrs. this way, your hardware will be up2 date & you'll save quite a bit of money.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Krow, Sam.Sahab:
His GPU structure will depend, on what screen the user gets. It been 4 pages. Lets see when things are finalized. :)

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
I am not into computer parts but just want to suggest u something...

1st confirm ur processor then make a good choice of motherboard.

2nd 6gb ram is more then enough & u can add more later if u need more so don't waste money now on rams.

3rd psu 1000w+

4th gpu.... I think go for 2 cards with crossfire as if u found any prob. in 1 other going to work till replacement.

HDD : 2* 1gb WD black or more. More space more movies, games & u can use another hdd just to take back up of ur imp data. no need to write dvd every time.

Writer : Go 4 blue ray as blue ray movies r famous now on net & lan & as u have 2gb or more space u really need it.

5th case : Go for roomy, good cooling facilities, cable attachment facility case.

Cooling system : No idea.

lcd : Go 4 1 monitor with big screen. Don't purchase 2 with small screen. as many big screen monitors have facility to split screens in two or more.

Speaker : Ur choice.

Keyboard, mouse : Surely check Roccats as i found there features r really useful for gaming but choice is urs.

Joystick, Webcam, safeguard : If u need go for good brand.

Happy Ending..........Good Luck.

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
^^ true lol :p

But it is really helpful to me to make a right choice.

Anyways , I checked out review of Core i7 980x on guru3d and i see that it is 3 times faster(Overclocked to 4.4 GHz) than i7 920 in almost every aspect.Also overclocked one is almost 2 times faster than i7 975 in many things which was absolutely amazing..

I am looking more sites for more detail about it.

i7 980X is a good choice if one can afford it. It will be available within 8-10 days in India (ES are already out) and the probable cost will be around 60k.

GTX 480 presents an interesting prospect with 10% more Power than the Mighty 5870 with almost 100W more power consumption and almost 100 degrees operational temperature at load. Plus the 8k premium over 5870 is really not add on to its Pros.

So if you plan to go Single GPU, then 5970/5990 are your safest bet, and if interested in multi gpu setup, 5870 Crossfire will eat any game for breakfast for the coming 1-2 years (At FULL HD).

acewin

Point Blanc
well overclocking on extreme levels wont allow you to run for 3-5 years, you can do low level OC to get +20-30% speeds(3.6-3.8 GHz), this will be good to go .
+40%(4GHz and more) speed gain will need very very good cooling( likes of you are buying).
IMO over clock your system to whatever level you wanna do for peak performance, and your enjoyment but after done with the experimenting reduce and come in range of 20-30% levels

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Does ati cards like hd 5970 or 5870 support 3d vision??

Also what would be the price for 5990 in india??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Does ati cards like hd 5970 or 5870 support 3d vision??

Also what would be the price for 5990 in india??

get XFX HD5970 X2 4Gb GDDR5 BLACK EDITION. should cost 7k more than regular HD5970 but worth the price if u not want change your GPU every 2yr.

tusharrastogi

Broken In
Well Kanishka i am suggesting you that rig because i am also planning to buy something like you are looking for. I am continously following your rig and really thankful to all those suggest from the respected members. Are you from delhi Kanishka ? If ye then i suggest we shud meet up some time and exchange our views and if possible we can buy the pc together. Let me know wht do you think about this idea ?

Top Bottom