Very high end configuration rig needed..Please suggest

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
im also waiting for kanishka to get his system finalised... :confused:

i hope he is building his PC for the F.Y (financial year) 2010 and NOT 2100..so plz check the placing of the "1" lol.. (No hard feelings buddy..) :D

Piyush

Lanaya
building a rig with this much of budget sure takes time
he is doin the right thing in takin his time my bros
cause we dont change/upgrade our systems so frequently

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
building a rig with this much of budget sure takes time
he is doin the right thing in takin his time my bros
cause we dont change/upgrade our systems so frequently

yup. better clear all your doubts & confusion. its a huge sum of money & combination is unlimited.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
@kanishka

Yeah dude, you should decide something coz when u keep on delaying ; your mind will jump to the favour of other new components which keep releasing everyday coz technology never halts.....
So what have u decided for your system ???

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
@kanishka

i also kinda wanna know what config you have zeroed upon with this much budget.... so please post your wannabe config please....

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Ok guys as you say...I am cursotl writing from mobile(opera mini :p) so i will write in short...As and when i get to laptop ill write everything with detail..Ok so here is the config:

intel i7 980x
Asus rampage iii extreme(waiting to come out)
12 gb corsair dominator @1600 mhz
hd 5990(as suggested above)
2x alienware monitor having refresh rate of 120 hz(for 3d vision)
most probably liam li cabby
80gb SSD + 2 TB wd hdd
not sure about mouse and keyboard
logitech z550 speakers
some good tv tuner
vista ultimate 64 bit
nvidia 3d vision kit

well please let me know if i am forgetting anything..

Also,

please let me know,would hd 5990 support 3d vision??

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@kanishka

i also kinda wanna know what config you have zeroed upon with this much budget.... so please post your wannabe config please....

@kanishka

Yeah dude, you should decide something coz when u keep on delaying ; your mind will jump to the favour of other new components which keep releasing everyday coz technology never halts.....
So what have u decided for your system ???
+1 to both of ur views.. yup, plz kanishka, u will never get settled if u continue to jump brands and newer tech products (Wich change faster than a baby's diaper)..lol... :D

and as soon as u hv finalied, plz close this thread and continue (any) further core i7 related querries in the official core i7 thread (link in my sigggy) plz...i wanna keep all things at one place... a sincere request...(kanishka, this goes to u too buddy.. plz..) :)
OP:
Have you almost decided. Lets close this. List your decided system, and queries.
short and to the point.. like it.. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Ok guys as you say...I am cursotl writing from mobile(opera mini :p) so i will write in short...As and when i get to laptop ill write everything with detail..Ok so here is the config:

intel i7 980x
Asus rampage iii extreme(waiting to come out)
12 gb corsair dominator @1600 mhz
hd 5990(as suggested above)
2x alienware monitor having refresh rate of 120 hz(for 3d vision)
most probably liam li cabby
80gb SSD + 2 TB wd hdd
not sure about mouse and keyboard
logitech z550 speakers
some good tv tuner
vista ultimate 64 bit
nvidia 3d vision kit

well please let me know if i am forgetting anything..

Also,

please let me know,would hd 5990 support 3d vision??

you missing a cpu cooler. i7 + rampage iii extreme + corsair dominator @1600 mhz + .................... + stock HSF = wastage of money.

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
^^

well yea,

i will be looking for good liquid cooling solution and thinking to go for tri loop cooling...

Also please suggest good psu... I think corsair hx1000 or any other??

What does hsf mean?

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

go for Swiftech's water coolin kit (at 12K)... its really good in reviews..im also planning to buy the same.. :)

and hsf=heat sink fan :)

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
^^

lol :p

well ill be building the rig in may...So, surely it would be available in every part of India(through shipping)

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
@kanishka
I suggest u buy the Swiftech H20-220 Ultima XT....It's great and most of us at TDF are planning to buy the same....

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yeah right... btw kanishka, the current list (of ppl) planning to buy the swiftech is 2, the list is in my core i7 thread.. so plz (if u are interested) add ur name in that thread...:)

Top Bottom