Very high end configuration rig needed..Please suggest

Piyush

Lanaya
Dude seriously reduce the ram. 12GB of ram is a lot.... you wont be using more than 6GB at any rate....
for the gpu get a single HD 5970 4GB releasing in some time it is about 20% faster than the 5870x2 crossfireX ...
For the Blu-Ray drive get ASUS / Sony. i am sure you can find one for that much.
For a core i7 and ocing get a Tagan BZ 1300 / Cooler Master Real Power 1250w.
Go for a single large display it's ur choice.... i suggest get a normal 19" monitor for working and a 32" display for entertainment purposes..
Keyboard select razer keyboard and for the mouse take a razer imperator / ikari optical.
Tri-Loop cooling is good you need to ensure it is properly installed.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Looks pretty good to me... some more time you are good to go ;-)

man!!!!
wot he's upto???
12gb ram!!
lol:p

acewin

Point Blanc
coolermaster HAF 932 is also good, and thermaltake Speedo in sub 10K range, but yeah 13-14K A70F is best

Last edited:
OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Since I am saying it to be future proof , that is why I am suggesting 12 GB RAM. I agree that currently it would be of less use , but atleast i won't have to upgrade afterwards.

acewin

Point Blanc
do not buy 12GB total waste and not future-proof, why because boards you are buying support 4GB RAM chips which are not in market yet in good ratings. 2-3 years or more from now when you may need more RAM, better RAMs with better latency would be there in 4GB RAM chips. the money saved now will help you out.

acewin

Point Blanc
not just this link, if you check priceindia.in, you will find they have put its price as 50K, that is why I am saying let it come in the market and then ask for prices, it has just released on 10th I think.

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
I agree with you sam and ace, i think it is good to take 6 gb ram atm...

@azaad

how come it be cheaper in india as compared to US??

I mean it costs them around $1150 and that turns out to be Rs. 51750(for exchange rate of $1=Rs 45)..

And if this price is real,which is unlikely to happen, then it is the best thing i could get...

Piyush

Lanaya
U know...... today if you notice.....2-4 or even 6GB is not that uncommon, definately not 4, but had somebody asked for the same amount just 3 years back, he would have got a reply exactly the way you have give now......

can you relate what i am saying.... :smile:

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

You are wrong here...RAM is the easiest thing to upgrade, you just need a good Mobo that would support future ram speeds and volume............also the price of RAM is anyhow going to drop. A 12 GB 1600Mhz ram is gonna cost far less after 2years then now, so its advisable to have 6GB today and then add another 6GB later when you actually do feel the need to.......

yeah i got that
but its not "future proof" if he 12gb of ram
around 6 months back we heard something wicked,if u remember->the launch of xdr2 rams
those were appx 8 times faster than current 1333mhz ddr3 rams

well not heard any news of them since then

parimm

Broken In
CPU:Core i7 980x @62000 or somethin
great choice

RAM:CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3
12800) Desktop Memory Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 @24000
nice.

Mobo:Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 @22000
amazing motherboard
Some tri-loop cooling setup @15000
Graphics Card:Radeon HD5870x2 @52000
good cabinet @10000
2*1 TB WD Black @ 9.9k
Some blueray drive @8000
PSU:Some good one @15000
Monitor:some good 26"+ @30000
how about going for 3 22" or 24" that way you get eyefinity its an amazing experience atleast that is what my friend says about eyefinity
Keyboard+ Mouse @10000
Logitech Z-5500 5.1Ch @ 18k
I would add one more item, Get an SSD 80GB or somethign like that, use it as your primary drive, you will see such an asssoume improvement in boot times and game load times if you can afford it get a 160GB intel x-80-m G-2 drive.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
@Kanishka....
Check out the conclusion of the review of Core i7-980X......

*www.tomshardware.co.uk/hyper-threading-core-i7-980x,review-31842-11.html

Tom's Hardware tells that this proccy is not that much suited for gaming, rather it is better used in a workstation....

Cheers,
Sid

acewin

Point Blanc
well it is a good point sam9s, if you are an english teacher you will say it is a conflicting sentence.

Krow

Crowman
Well, the Thuban series from AMD is about a month away. Let's see if that beats the Core i7 920. I am hoping that it beats the i5 750 as it is priced similarly. If it beats the i7 920, then I would recommend it eyes closed.

Since OP is 2-3 months away from the rig, I would advise to watch for the AMD Thuban Hexa-cores.

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
@Parim

you are right buddy,

even i am thinking to go for 2 or 3 monitors ...
And about ssd...I am still researching on it...Even i have heard positive reviews about it...Lets see

@sid

thanks mate for pointing out...I have to do research again on it..

@krow

thanks alot mate...Yea ,i would keep an eye on it...

@azaad

well mate ,i am still researching many things and i have taken many useful points from this forum..I will post final rig in the end of april or beginning of may...

Last edited:
^ ok, as anyways you have selected and going for i7 980x , there is no need to look for thuban chips from amd, as they definitely cant beat this one, it may perform better than 920 which quad core, all the best.

Krow

Crowman
^The money spent on the proccy seems a waste to me. That processor is just not worth it IMHO. I would stick to Core i7 930 and use the remaining money for some other good purpose.

Top Bottom