Very high end configuration rig needed..Please suggest

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
@ asigh the nzxt m59 is a mid - tower pc case... but for the features it packs it is more than worth a look .... believe me for 4k you cant find anything like this.
here is a link : *www.tweaktown.com/popImg.php?type=content&img=3157_01_full.png

@dude kanishka there is no such thing like assembled pc's giving problems against branded pc's the difference only lies in the service....and in 10 years... out of which my current config which i built myself is giving me no problems whatsoever ..total peace of mind .
as far as the parts are concerned they will have a standard warranty of 1 year..or more than that for many of them , if anything goes wrong once you send them for replacement it is no big hassle even for the high end parts.

as far as alienware pc's are concerned seriously dont take the comment negatively, if you want to burn your money you are free to do so.... because buying a alienware in india means paying a huge premium amount over the normal costs....if you can get it from the US then it is a option for considering....but i suggest better stick to a self made rig it allows you flexible choice of components.... looks etc.... it's up to you... we can just suggest and help :)

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

also dont depend on DELL for providing fantastic support for your alienware pc.... last time my friend who has got a m15x had some problems....there was a lot of dust clogged up in the cpu cooler as a result the pc was overheating and shutting down...i called up the DELL people told them about the problems they sent someone over and ROFL you won't believe what they did.... they came to the house.....and told him after looking at the laptop for some time ..
" Bhaiya , ye toh format karna padega pc .....lagta hai HDD problem hai " I told my friend that these guys were bull shitting so we let them do a re-install and then we took the pc apart open... got some Artic Silver paste... and cleaned up and applied the thing.... and you wont believe that was the only prob....and my friend was like whoa.... if you hadn't told me i would be writing e-mails and sending my laptop here and there for getting it fixed

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
hey people ,

My uncle(relative) is also a hardware distributor and i asked him too regarding the pc but he said me that with this budget it is better to go for alienware as alienware would provide better support for customers also if i buy very high tech parts then in case of any problem it would be difficult to get support in India for assembled PC and the makers could point out conflicting things in the config. He said that alienware people in india are providing pretty excellent support to their customers. He also said to wait for Alienware ALX Area 51 which he is expecting to be released in month of may in India.

He also said that assembled pcs are very troublesome sometimes if hardware combination are not done properly.

In my previous experience of assembling , Even i have faced the pc getting hanged quite often sometimes.

I don't want waste such huge money guys. So please let me know if there would be any problem regarding assembling? I mean I am ready to assemble but I am afraid of the negative consequences.

Please suggest me..

Stop listening to this uncle of yours. Period.

Also regarding assembled components. Each distinct part will hold its own warranty and RMA protocol(s), if you purchase it legally with an invoice, part number, serial number.

Not sure where/how you assembled your previous system, but if done correctly there is absolutely no issue.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Aquagate Max was never a hit. Cause, the reservoir goes into the 5 1/2" drive bay. And the cabinet cannot be tilted.

Sam9s, Sidewinder will ship to India..?

May be it was not a hit but not because it goes in to 5 1/2 bay, but because performance was very much equal to a good air cooler...... with its default water duct and fans (though changing the duct and fans does improves the performance.........it still is the prettiest looking water cooling solution out there......anyway....coming to sidewinder......yes they ship to India, my online friend ordered one through DHL, shipping is expensive, but DHL takes care of the costumes, you just need to pay to them. Other way is to get it shipped through USPS, but in that case you need to go to the foreign PO to get it cleared.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

hey people ,

My uncle(relative) is also a hardware distributor and i asked him too regarding the pc but he said me that with this budget it is better to go for alienware as alienware would provide better support for customers also if i buy very high tech parts then in case of any problem it would be difficult to get support in India for assembled PC and the makers could point out conflicting things in the config. He said that alienware people in india are providing pretty excellent support to their customers. He also said to wait for Alienware ALX Area 51 which he is expecting to be released in month of may in India.

He also said that assembled pcs are very troublesome sometimes if hardware combination are not done properly.

In my previous experience of assembling , Even i have faced the pc getting hanged quite often sometimes.

I don't want waste such huge money guys. So please let me know if there would be any problem regarding assembling? I mean I am ready to assemble but I am afraid of the negative consequences.

Please suggest me..

No doubt Alienware service is good and yes there is a certain peace of mind while buying a branded one that you do not need to worry about any part/product/service what so ever, however assembling a system does not at all means you would land in to trouble, ofcourse the assembler must know what he is doing. If you ask me, I would say the huge money spend should make you even more inclined towards getting it assembled coz that gives you the option to choose each and ever part to the best and exactly per your needs and fiddle around with the best combination, with alienware you would be stuck to choose between only couple of choices.....

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^
Okay it is an integrated water cooling unit. And looks pretty with the green/blue fluid, but --not even looking at the performance, it had the glitch which I mentioned. Coupling what you mentioned, hardly worth the price.

Will give a look at Sidewinder. Looks nice.

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Guys,

i wanna go for core i7 980x...And hd 5870x2 or 5970x2

Please suggest config for this with keeping budget in mind... Please keep budget till 250k...

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Guys,

i wanna go for core i7 980x...And hd 5870x2 or 5970x2

Please suggest config for this with keeping budget in mind... Please keep budget till 250k...

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Dude for 5970x2 you would need a pretty beefy power supply and with your ocing alongwith a i7 980 expect a minimum 1500w PSU to just to the job... this also has to be rated about 80+... or 2 of them if you can fit them in a pc case......

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Why are you splurging money as if it is water. Be reasonable.

5970x2 = 6 FULL HD monitors or similar. Why..? Will you...?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
yea i totally agree with asigh..... there is no point spending that much you can just be happy with a 4GB HD 5970 card.... dont waste your money on 2 of them.. unless you are planning to get a 10metre screen :lol:

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Hmmm.... Ok as you guys suggest...So is there any difference between 5970 4gb and 5990??Or are they the same card??

Also please suggest a config with this ...I mean i7 980x and hd5970...For budget of around 250k...And a good monitor of 26"+(if possible then supporting 3d vision) :)..

Thanks for the suggestion guys...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ashu, this thread is not a discuesstion on Nehalemsss but an advice thread about a rig, which we keep getting all the time, also its an indivisual's thread and who would want his attention about his system he is planning to get, which I believe people would agree would kinda get lost in a Nehalem discuession thread there. Also there was nothing to "report" as such......so apologies but I suggest we continue.....

@ashu

sorry bro.I didnt know it but i am just assembling a pc and for that i am asking suggestion. :)

ok guys, no matter. but please once the rig has been finalised (and if its core i7) wich really seems it will be (eventually)..lol then can i add Mr. Kanishka in the aforesaid thread..?? and then will continue the discussions there.. am i right now..?? :)

Personally i have all this gaming hardware with me :

Mice :

1. Steel Series intelli 3.0

2. Razer Deathadder v1

3. Steel series Ikari optical

Mats :

1. Everglide DKT monster mat / Fnatic

2. Steel series qck + mym edition / sk gaming / fnatic edition

3. Steel series qck heavy

4. Steel series 5L warcraft 3 special edition

Keyboard :

1. Microsoft Reclusa

2. Sidewinder x6

3. Razer Arctosa / Lycosa
buddy, can u tell me wats the difference b/w using a hard solid mat (like the itched glass hard mat of steel series) vs a simple local soft (pad) mat..??

i mean i realy wanna knw wat the real deal, if its good then i might as well buy the steel series combo (of mousesolid glass mat).. but 1st plz tell me are they really worth it.. ?? :)

coz u hv so many accessories, so u wud be the right guy to guide me.. :)
-----------

@ kanishka... dude, are u satisfied now with the confi tat so many of our digit friends hv suggested..?? lol... god... how long hv u been saving..?? :D

yup, as asigh said, dont go ba;llistic and on an ALL-OUT-SPENDING-SPREE :) be reasonable... :)
-----------

to all: guys, u hv suggested sum really awesome components (not tat i hv the budget like kanishka) to buy them all, but sum1 here suggested really nice links for CPU cooler kits (water, coolant) based...i really appreciat him (oops sorry, forgot the name)...who was tat guy..?? :)
--------------

Cheers n e-peace....

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Dude kanishka i think i have mentioned this many times before in other posts... the HD 5990 is nothing but a standard HD 5970 GPU with 2 GB of extra video memory....

@ashu the major difference between a hard mat and a soft mat is that of friction... on a hard mat the surface is very slick... you could just push the mouse a little and it would go skidding to quite a distance, due to the nature of cloth it provides friction / resistance that makes it a more controlling surface... basically apart from the movement of your hand the cloth also adds resistance to the movement..

a hard mat is washable.... soft mat's get dirty quickly and have a life time of generally 1-2 years depending on how you keep them. the hard-mat's work until you dont bang them with frustration and they usually last a very long time

the hard mat is generally made of graphite/ carbon fibre / steel / plated glass [ as in case of steel series ] coated with a layer of teflon to provide extremly low friction . [ teflon is used to coat bullets to make them more piercing ] whereas the amount of friction in a soft mat generally remains the same , whatever the companies may keep claiming, the mats i have come accross there is a very minimal difference in soft mats in terms of friction..

if you are going in for a gaming mat... i suggest you make a budget, there is no use getting a mat and using a cheap standard mouse with it...

the hardmats and softmats which are meant for gaming are very large... like almost 10times the size of you local mouse mat in length diagonally... and are quite thick about 3-10mm

as far as the hard mats are concerned i use them rarely as i play cs which requires moving my wrist a lot ... so if i have no cushioning my wrist starts to pain that's a drawback of the hardmat's

i suggest visit a local gaming parlour like zapak gameplex or something like that, where they keep this stuff have a look and then decide... as a newbie you would be better of with a soft mat

dont expect them to come cheap .... steel series range starts at about 700 for the basic mats and goes upto 2k for cloth based mats and upto 7k for hardmats...

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

there are various other brands available in india like ..ROCCAT , Everglide , Razer and Zowie gaming gear , Logitech etc.... but i prefer steel series because it is officially available in India [ others are also ] and their products are thought out and properly tested, if you have any problems they give a hand-hand replacement something companies like razer etc rarely do .

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Hmmm.... Ok as you guys suggest...So is there any difference between 5970 4gb and 5990??Or are they the same card??

Also please suggest a config with this ...I mean i7 980x and hd5970...For budget of around 250k...And a good monitor of 26"+(if possible then supporting 3d vision) :)..

Thanks for the suggestion guys...

kanishka, listen to this carefully if you do care to follow, If you are playing high end games on 2560 x 1600 on a 30" monitor with 16xAA and AF enabled and all eye candy notched up, and expect to get butter smooth frame rate, 5870x2 or even 5970x2 does makes sense, for a 24" @ 1920x1080 even a single 5870/5970 should be able to handle things........

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
This is the link to the conclusion of one of the best reviews on ATI HD5xxx series...See for yourself the difference between a single HD5970 and 2x 5870's.....
*www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/ati_5000_series_roundup/7

@Noas....As for corsair, they have developed an award winning cabby(800D) , which has so much room that the OP can fit a good Water cooling system and or ATI's 13" GPU's easily giving him good air flow and space to work which is better than a mid-tower cabby....

Cheers,
Sid

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
I am sorry everyone if i have behaved oversmartly in some or the other way...As you people before suggested config for core i7 920 or 960 and some different card,that is why i am just asking to suggest a config to me which contains 30"+ monitor,core i7 980x,hd 5870x2 and other things....Please suggest me config having these components...I am sorry for troubling anyone here,if I have done so..

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Dude.... but isn't the price too high?.... i dunnno looks like for that much i could get a thermaltake cabby?....or lianli or lancool ? :sad:

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Kanishka AFAIK 3D vision you need a 120hz true refresh rate display.... the alienware was one which i could think of ... because in your budget it will be very difficult to find a decent 26-32" screen that manages a TRUE 120hz display.... costing like 45k+

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

kanishka that's okay.... even we used to have some doubts on things like these when we were not educated about this stuff but now we have no such problems? have we fellows? :lol: ask asigh, and he'll tell me you have no idea :owned:

tusharrastogi

Broken In
My dear frnd i have read the whole discussion that's going on in the forum. According to me wht i can suggest for such a high configuration i won't suggest to go for a watercooling unit. what i think would be best is something like this which i prefer to get for myself too:

Proccy
: i7 975/980
Mobo: Asus Sli mobo/P6T Super Computer or same high end series from this range.
RAM: 24gb Corsair XMS wht Sams suggested
HDD
: 2gb internal + 4gb external 800 firewire/usb2.0
Drive
: 3 dvd writers/ blue ray drive i don't think is worth for a pc
Monitor: 26" - 30" Full HD but not 2550 resolutions bcos those monitors i have searched are too expensive. One model is from Asus and other is from IBM both cost around $8000 to &10000 so its been a foolish idea to go for them.
Cabby: Good full tower from coolermaster, thermaltake, tagan any can do.
SMPS: 1000 - 1300 for sure not less than that in any case
GPU: 2gb 5790 or 4gb 5990 any one GDDR 5
Keyboard + Mouse + Pad: As per your choice
Coolers: 1 Highend cooler for proccy, 1 cooler for RAM, 1HDD Cooler, 12mm Fans for cooling the max a cabby can support.

This is the final thing that i am thinking about finally. Need inputs from others but i feel this kind of config can be the best in high end range of 200k - 300k. Comments are welcome :) IMHO this is wht it should be seriously. :oops:

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Well thats cool config...Will look forward to some parts from it...

I am wondering why aint anybody suggesting the config with i7 980x...

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Well personally If I had that money lying around screaming "USE ME!" I'd go and hook me up with not only a Pretty nice System but Id get myself a Home Theater Rig too. Maybe a nice LazyBoy Chair if I can find those in India.

Remember when you put in alot of money for the best you could probably escape for the Second best while running up a bill which would consume half your budget. Anyway its your choice. So happy spending :p .

Piyush

Lanaya
Well thats cool config...Will look forward to some parts from it...

I am wondering why aint anybody suggesting the config with i7 980x...

hey listen bro
u dint actually require that demon processor:!:((recommended only for professional or insanely extreme gamers))
go for it only if u have lot of bucks still remaining in ur hand

anyways check this out
*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/performance-pc-ssd,2568.html
will help

also look at this info on 980x
*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/hyper-threading-core-i7-980x,2584.html

Top Bottom