Very high end configuration rig needed..Please suggest

tusharrastogi

Broken In
Intel Core i7 975 Extreme Edition Processor ( waiting for next month for the launch of i7 980x 6core processor)
Asus Rampage II Extreme Intel X58 LGA 1366 Motherboard
Corsair XMS3 6GB Kit - TR3X6G1600C8
Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA Hard Drive
Cooler Master Cosmos S RC-1100-KKN1-GP Full Tower Computer Case
Tagan BZ1300 1300W Modular Power Supply
Asus DRW-22B1L E-IDE/PATA DVD Writer
Sony DRU V-200S SATA DVD Writer
Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 7.1 Channel Sound Card
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5970 21165-00 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Cooler Master ATCS 840 RC-840-KKN1-GP Black Full Tower Computer Case
Have not decided on keyboard, mouse yet...What do you think of my configuration ?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
For cooling the entire pc at this much he would require to hit his top end limit of 2.5L

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

good config dude but you are highjacking the thread.. :(

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

also i suggest get a lower end psu .... you wont need that much a corsair TX850 will do the job

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Dont go for the cooler master pc case , if you can get a VFM nzxt or lancool / lian li

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

umm 2 pc cases? ?? ......

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

sam9s is right he is better of using a standard air cooling like 6 x 120mm fans and also the safer bet is with ATI right now

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

the 980 gulftown is basically for gaming and 32nm based cpu so it produces less heat is more power efficient and gives higher performance

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

hmmm sam is right the basic specs are the same i.e. the cache levels etc.... so better get a i7 920 and 2 x 5970's ?

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Intel Core i7 975 Extreme Edition Processor ( waiting for next month for the launch of i7 980x 6core processor)
Asus Rampage II Extreme Intel X58 LGA 1366 Motherboard
Corsair XMS3 6GB Kit - TR3X6G1600C8
Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA Hard Drive
Cooler Master Cosmos S RC-1100-KKN1-GP Full Tower Computer Case
Tagan BZ1300 1300W Modular Power Supply
Asus DRW-22B1L E-IDE/PATA DVD Writer
Sony DRU V-200S SATA DVD Writer
Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 7.1 Channel Sound Card
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5970 21165-00 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Cooler Master ATCS 840 RC-840-KKN1-GP Black Full Tower Computer Case
Have not decided on keyboard, mouse yet...What do you think of my configuration ?

welcome to thinkdigit Tushar, your config is not bad, what is your budget.....

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
dont go for this one... you can easily oc the cpu and there wont be any performance difference....get this :

1. Core i7 920 - 15k / go for core i7 860

2. Asus Rampage II Extreme - 20k

3. F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD 1600mhz - 12.5k

4. 2x Sapphire ATI HD 5870 1GB - 50k

5. 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB - 10k

6. CM Real Power Pro 1250W - 15k

7. NZXT LEXA S / LAN COOL PC K-62 - 5k / 7k / get a LianLi pc case

8. ASUS BC-1205PT BD - 9.5k

9. Noctua NH-D14 SSO CPU Cooler -5k

10. Alienware OPTX AW2310 -25k / change to sony NX series LED TV for 45k 32inches

11. Steel series siberia v2 / razer megaladon / Logitech Z550

12. Sidewinder x6 / razer lycosa - 5.5k

13. Steel series Ikari optical / Razer Deathadder v2 - 4k

14. Steel Series 5L / 9HD Hard Mat - 5k

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
WOW , so many suggestions...

Thanks alot guys for many meaningful tips..

@liverpoolfans

Mate , your suggestion is really good but really i don't think that i will be able to change configs in year or so.

@sarkar

You are correct i am also thinking for rampage extreme , i have read the reviews and board seems to be awesome.

@challenger

Will see it buddy. Thanks for suggestion

@sid

well , water cooling is what i am also looking for

@supernatural

Mate I avoid AMD in everything except in gfx card.Anyway thanks for suggestion.

@arc angel

That is really nice config would consider it before taking decision.

@sam.sahb

I am looking for HD5990 4 GB and may be then after sometime crossfire it another one. Also i think i would go with alienware monitor as its reviews are awesome and also It seems to be future proof.Thanks for other suggestions.

@sam9s

I am a big overclocker , you see i am overclocking my proc q6600 and video card EAH 4850 from many months.So yea i would require better cooling.

@rastogi

You config is nice buddy. Are you suggesting it to me or are you buying it? If you are buying it then i think this thread would be helpful to you as well.

Now as it seems i've replied for everybody

As far as I have seen this thread and other forums ,I think to go for i7 980 Extreme , with HD5990 4 Gb , 6 or 12 GB RAM , Alienware monitor(OPTX) , Steel series or razer keyboard mouse , 1000W corsair PSU/or some good(you suggest) , 2 TB WD HDD , Some good water cooling or some other excellent cooling , Rampage Extreme Mobo, Nvidia 3d kit , some good blue ray drive. Please add anything else if i am missing.

Also I've heard that fermi (GTX480 and 470) aren't that good as compared to HD5990 .

Please let me know any addition subraction for the following config if you people have.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
If you really want to splurge here it goes. Am sure others can supply you the rates. To lazy to search them up...!

1. Go for Cross fire VGAs. (5870 x 2 would be nice)
2. Get the standard 6 GB RAM -- 3 DIMMs.
3. Minimal 30" monitor.
4. Tri - loop water cooling kit. (this will probably be the most expensive kit). You might need to import this from abroad. (Danger Den and SwiftTech are good brands here).
5. Keep a minimal 1000W PSU.

jayantr7

In the zone
for assembled one --- take intel core i7 975 extreme edition[48k]
and geforce gtx 395 dual[don't know exact price but 1 will cost 30k+ so dual will cost nearby 65k+]
intel core i7 920 is nothing compared to my written processor..
N GOOD LUCK FOR BUYING.... :p

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
@arcangel

then shall i go for HD 5870X2 ? as said by asigh or for HD5970?

@asigh

hm..

could you please gimme the water cooling link. I am sorry for troubling you to find it because i am unable to find any.

EDIT:

Thanks for suggestion jayant . I am considering to go for i7 980x .

this one:*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115223&Tpk=core i7 980

I think it is not available in India.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Just google Danger Den and Swiftech..

Okay...heck....

*www.swiftnets.com/
*www.dangerden.com/

These are not as yet available in India. You could get the via KMD from TE.

devanshsharma

Right off the assembly line
Go to ibm and tell dem to make a proc for yu!!!1 as yu have a huge budget!!!

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Hahahha juss jokin ....y dont yu go for i7 975 ????

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
@asigh
could you please gimme the water cooling link. I am sorry for troubling you to find it because i am unable to find any.

Swiftech is an excellent water cooling solution and as asigh said you need to get it imported. Sidewinder computers ships to India though their site does not mentions it. Couple of my online fiends ordered from them. Checkout here...

*www.sidewindercomputers.com/swh2edukit.html

also CM has very decent cooling solution called Aquagate Max, with great features, if you do not want to get in to import and shipping hassles, you can get it from any CM dealer.......checkout here....

*www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=3855

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@tusharrastogi Why not blu ray drives?? OP has such a huge budget. That's y i've suggested him the blu ray one.

@OP and Other Members
For water cooling may be you would like to look here *www.overclock.net/water-cooling/334805-guide-best-watercooling-components.html

And for Nitrogen Cooling just take a look here *www.tomshardware.com/reviews/5-ghz-project,731.html

May be the above link helps.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
I agree with asigh....Better go for CrossFire-X with 2 x HD5870 rather than a single HD5990....
As far as cooling is concerned Danger Den and Swiftech are one of the best manufacturers of Water Cooling Kits....

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

^^
Good links krishnandu.sarkar...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Aquagate Max was never a hit. Cause, the reservoir goes into the 5 1/2" drive bay. And the cabinet cannot be tilted.

Sam9s, Sidewinder will ship to India..?

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
As for the case, u should invest in a Corsair Obsidian Series 800D....This is a great case and justifies the money u pay for it.....
Here are the links to its reviews--*www.thinkcomputers.org/corsair-obsidian-series-800d-case-review/
and
*www.legitreviews.com/article/1036/1/

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Dude the L2N cooling you suggested is quite a hastle.... you need to open up the pc case again and again and also you need a source of L2N... he is much better off with a water cooling system.... yea dangerden and swiftech are well reputed brands for the serious overclockers.... you might also want to consider koolance.....

Go for the dual 5870's in crossfire for extreme performance....it gives 5-10% more FPS compared to the current 2GB 5970's , if you can wait i suggest get a 4GB 5970.... that is way faster than the other 2 cards... but be ready to shell out nearly 60k for One of this baby.....

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

also the minimum requirement for the 5870's is a 500w PSU so running a i7 98x and oced rig get a minimum 1000w+ psu ..... probably a cooler master real power 1250w OR Tagan BZ1300.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

It is better to go for a nzxt case / LiaLi or Lancool cabinet this is corsair's first pc case.... i suggest go for a company which has been making pc cases for a long time.... my personal favourite is the NZXT M59 for 4k it has awesome features including drilled holes for water cooling kits and a copper radiator for air cooling.

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
hey people ,

My uncle(relative) is also a hardware distributor and i asked him too regarding the pc but he said me that with this budget it is better to go for alienware as alienware would provide better support for customers also if i buy very high tech parts then in case of any problem it would be difficult to get support in India for assembled PC and the makers could point out conflicting things in the config. He said that alienware people in india are providing pretty excellent support to their customers. He also said to wait for Alienware ALX Area 51 which he is expecting to be released in month of may in India.

He also said that assembled pcs are very troublesome sometimes if hardware combination are not done properly.

In my previous experience of assembling , Even i have faced the pc getting hanged quite often sometimes.

I don't want waste such huge money guys. So please let me know if there would be any problem regarding assembling? I mean I am ready to assemble but I am afraid of the negative consequences.

Please suggest me..

Top Bottom