UPS without that irritating BEEP sound

Bytebolt

Broken In
Hi friends,
I want a UPS that can run my home basic config for at least 1/2 hour and doesn't make any of those irritating beep sounds as i have to sleep at night while downloading files in the same room :-D

Any recommendations !!! ???

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't know if there's any UPS which doesn't make those sounds.
But one thing you can do is to remove the speakers from UPS! :D

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
There are UPSs which provide that facility. Especially those having USB ports. They come with their control softs which allow you to set things as you wish.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
go to your nearest APC showroom they can guide you to which one to buy if you are thinking about controlling the UPS from your PC

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
I don't know if there's any UPS which doesn't make those sounds.
But one thing you can do is to remove the speakers from UPS! :D

You can turn off or customize beep tones in Apc usb supported ups. I used to have it on my older ES500, you can configure sensitivity, voltage range & alarms via APC powerchute software.

I upgraded to the newer Apc ES600 which unfortunately has no usb port, but the beep tone & volume is soft & bearable compared to the Soviet siren on older models. Also the sensitivity & voltage range can be adjusted by switching the ups into program mode, using some specific button press pattern. Haven't found anything to mute the beep yet. But at least this one's not that annoying.

d3p

PowerHouse
My suggestion will be ; Get any UPS with buzzer.

Open it & add a Double Tape above this buzzer

*www.sunnytec.com.tw/english/products/image/image45.jpg

d3p

PowerHouse
I guess, every decent ups model has a feature called adding up external battery for extended backup time. Its nothing but you need to open it up.

In the same way you can add a Double tape. Its kind of DIY.

manoj_299

Out of Stock
I've APC 650 VA UPS. I connect it with its cable with my PC and install its bundled software and disable its sound and it now dont beep sound at all.

OP
Bytebolt

Bytebolt

Broken In
I think APC UPS are expensive who among u thinks that cutting or blocking the speaker will not void it warranty ??

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I think APC UPS are expensive who among u thinks that cutting or blocking the speaker will not void it warranty ??

Doesn't matter what we think. If the RMA guys said it voids warranty nothing you can do about it!
Just consult the RMA guys and request them to do it for you! :p

sharang.d

Youngling
I don't know if the APC models with the USB connection to the PC have this or not but I think the desktop software might help you achieve what you want.
Have you tried talking to live chat support? Amazing live chat the APC website has got. Do try talking with them :)

Top Bottom