Ubuntu 7.04 'Fiesty Fawn' Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Feisty doesn`t boot on mine.. It even recognizes my ata hdd as sata.. There is already a bug filed on this.. Till then I`ll use Sabayon 3.26 I guess :)

However I`m currently dual booting it with Sabayon that works. :)

freebird

Debian Rocks!
I too encountered the same problem.the reason may be libata(old) merged from 2.6.19
see the thread:

kernel-2.6.19 onwards CD/DVD IDE drives are detected as SCSI/SATA like /dev/scd0

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
vignesh said:
Feisty doesn`t boot on mine.. It even recognizes my ata hdd as sata.. There is already a bug filed on this.. Till then I`ll use Sabayon 3.26 I guess :)

However I`m currently dual booting it with Sabayon that works. :)
Offtopic, but why don't you upgrade to sabayon 3.3? Lots of nice things. Well I guess that sda thing will be there in sabayon 3.3 too since it uses kernel 2.6.20.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
da_tcpip said:
upgrading to kubuntu 7.04 over ubuntu 6.10 via alternate cd.. is that valid/possible??

yeah it's easy , just add the CD as a source in synaptic , then select upgrade n it'll install all latest packages from 7.04 cd , or you could add cd with
Code:
apt-cdrom
n then issue
Code:
apt-get  dist-upgrade

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
thanks mehul for pointing that i out , i've not upgraded ubuntu sice a long time , last time i upgraded was from breezy to dapper .

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
oh...k, redownloaded the ISO still the same problem. Now searching for Old VMWare version in archives

eddie

El mooooo
tech_your_future said:
You mean windows 2000/XP as guest or host?
Anyways it's a good thing and let's hope it advances fast.
As guest. 3D support in Linux as host is not supported yet.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok one Question abt vmware. i see that vmware now has 2 products for us users: vmware server (which is free) and vmware workstation (which is not). will downloading vmware server suffice to create a virtual machine. will it support all of my resources (dvd/as much ram/lan/sound)? been a looooooong time since i used vmware and there was only workstation at that time.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
infra_red_dude said:
ok one Question abt vmware. i see that vmware now has 2 products for us users: vmware server (which is free) and vmware workstation (which is not). will downloading vmware server suffice to create a virtual machine. will it support all of my resources (dvd/as much ram/lan/sound)? been a looooooong time since i used vmware and there was only workstation at that time.

well i think VMware Server is not free , it's VMware Player that is :D , n also the amount of hardware depends on the settings of the VMware image u r playing , i f the creator has enabled cd/dvd drives , etc , u'll have em else , u can't change virtual system config with the player , u need the workstation to do that .

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
VMware server is free of cost. It can use optical disks. You can connect to the internet. RAM can be changed to suit your needs. Sound I have been unabled to get working due to missing vmware tools but I think it does work if you install vmware tools. But, I don't feel like searching for it cos I don't really require sound in virtual machine.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Using a virtual machine is the best way to try a new Operating system.. qemu on Linux is nice too..

eagle_y2j

Youngling
dowonloaded >>>Installed ...

but it is taking ages to boot on my 2.8Ghz 512 RAM box ...!

morpheusv6

Journeyman
Ubuntu 7.04 'Fiesty Fawn' AMD 64 DVD?

Is there a dvd for Ubuntu 7.04 AMD 64?
Has any one downloaded it? I could not find it on the official wesite but its present as a torrent on a popular site.

Possible

Custom User Title
@morpheusv6 - Get it from here
*cdimage.ubuntulinux.org/dvd/current/

da_tcpip

Journeyman
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
yeah it's easy , just add the CD as a source in synaptic , then select upgrade n it'll install all latest packages from 7.04 cd , or you could add cd with
Code:
apt-cdrom
n then issue
Code:
apt-get  dist-upgrade

thanks mate.. will find time once the submissions are over

Status
Not open for further replies.