Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake

Do u thk, Japan wil come under ques's now on its capability to handle Nuclear stufs?

• Yes, (Earthquake and Tsunami are common there, so reacters should hav built keeping in mind extreme

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No, (Reacter were made keeping these things in mind. It was just too strong this time, and no one co

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doomgiver

Warframe
and its false that CO2 is the worst culprit of global warming.
its actually methane and some aromatic compounds that do the major damage.
methane=200x more dangerous than CO2 in terms of heating factor. the major source of methane? bovine gas, or cow farts.

and yes, there's a serious misinformation campaign to remove the focus from the main polluters

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Any and every argument involving the name of Al Gore is farce.

he does some things just for political reasons.

abhidev

Human Spambot
According Dr.Noell(Astrologer) the moon is come really closer to the earth on 19th March....if his claims are true then this may cause mayhem due to massive tidal changes....looking at what happened in Japan hope his claims don't come true....

doomgiver

Warframe
According Dr.Noell(Astrologer) the moon is come really closer to the earth on 19th March....if his claims are true then this may cause mayhem due to massive tidal changes....looking at what happened in Japan hope his claims don't come true....

he is an :censored: ASTROLOGER.
do you honestly expect him to say something knowledgeable?

and if the moon was truly closer, there should have been massive changes in the tidal patterns in the world, not just in a localised(relatively) area.

this just goes on to prove that quacks like astrologers convolute and mash up random physics and astronomical phenomena to forward their own agendas.:stirpot:

------
oh wait, u said 19 march, sorry, but japan trouble was not caused by tides.
and care to explain just HOW will the moon come closer? will solar wind "push" it? or will some "danav" from "patal" pull it with his tail?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
maybe he mean moon pulled the tectonic plates near Japan, causing the earthquake.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

oh wait, u said 19 march, sorry, but japan trouble was not caused by tides.
and care to explain just HOW will the moon come closer? will solar wind "push" it? or will some "danav" from "patal" pull it with his tail?

:lol:

doomgiver

Warframe

maybe he mean moon pulled the tectonic plates near Japan, causing the earthquake.

:lol:
and that, kids, is how the bad men take your trust in truth, humanity, justice and utterly destroy it. for what? a 15 second tv interview?

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

you can claim all you want, and the truth shall blind all you fakers in the end.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

Moon WILL come closer, that's called the Super Moon. While I am skeptical it will cause natural disasters, but come March 19th the Moon will be closest to Earth.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Moon WILL come closer, that's called the Super Moon. While I am skeptical it will cause natural disasters, but come March 19th the Moon will be closest to Earth.

I wonder how far this relationship b/w earth and moon will go :!:

Set my playlist to Apocalypse Now.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Meltdown alert at Japan reactor
BBC News - Japan earthquake: Meltdown alert at Fukushima reactor

doomgiver

Warframe

thats of no consequence. btw, closest to earth in how much time? and did you know, the moon is moving away from the earth @ 4 cm/yr?

Earth's Moon Destined to Disintegrate | Space.com
Curious About Astronomy: Is the Moon moving away from the Earth? When was this discovered?

super moon is rubbish, it happened several times in the past century
Business Line : Industry & Economy / Economy : Moon to be closest to Earth on March 19
Inconstant Moon: The Moon at Perigee and Apogee
Debunking the "Supermoon" Theory of Japan's Earthquake and Tsunami | Fast Company

i've queue'd up Insane Clown Posse in grooveshark

poor japs. first fat man and little boy, then the nuclear reactors. country is a nuke magnet

axes2t2

I am a cat
Frankly I don't give a damn what some astrologer says.

And there are these kind of people

Code:
*cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/pearlharborjapan.jpg

doomgiver

Warframe
there are americans who cannot locate their own country on a map.
im amazed these people can even speak english

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
a dozen large "safe" nuclear plants have more output than the total geothermal+wind+tidal production of asia, maybe the world, if you stretch it a bit.

I guess you are talking about present production. but if it's about capacity then it's grossly wrong. the present condition is a result of everything except Nuclear and coal being artificially suppressed because of vested interests.

and btw please define a 'safe' nuclear reactor.

yes, but they are related, coz environmental pollution causes global warming(by releasing methane, co2, and other stuff, forgot name, lol)

I'm saying that the concept of Man-Made Global warming itself is a big hoax. did you even go through the two links I mentioned in my previous post ?

*quicktake.wordpress.com/2010/06/07...coffin-pacific-islands-growing-not-shrinking/

*2ndlook.wordpress.com/2008/01/30/the-mother-of-all-conspiracies-population-problem/

those are compleletely natural processes, and have been going on for a LOOOONG time, AND nature has a way of fixing those pollutants, so, logically, they must have reached an equilibrium by now. enter humans (cue star wars imperial march). we introduce several hundred billion tons of greenhouse gasses in a short span of a few hundred years. the equilibrium is dead. long live the cfc's!!!

the equilibrium is not dead. the earth changes in a multitude of ways naturally mainly based of sun cycles. human activity is just a minor perturbance for the climate. it is being dramatised. also awareness of sustainable development is much much higher now.

btw ozone layer is recovering well and good mainly from 2003 - effect of the worldwide CFC bans.

i dont know about the global warming industry, what is it?
and it IS wrong to introduce caps and stuff on developing nation while it is the fat pigs in the developed nations hogging over 90% world's resources either directly or indirectly.

the industry consisting of an army of climate change study 'experts', scientists, govt funded university depts, etc

well, im not going to preach like a padre and try to convert you like a zealot, but i think you should know what we are doing to our planet.
sometimes i think, just go to hell with the environment and stuff and enjoy life as long as it lasts, coz there's no way we are going to see the next century.

lol convert me to what ?? as I said I'm aware of 'environmental degradation and pollution' but completely against the hoax of 'man-made global warming and climate change bcos of that'

Any and every argument involving the name of Al Gore is farce.

In the video i'm referring to, he gets drilled by the congressional committee his face becomes pale lol unfortunately I'm unable to locate it.

_

doomgiver

Warframe
I guess you are talking about present production. but if it's about capacity then it's grossly wrong. the present condition is a result of everything except Nuclear and coal being artificially suppressed because of vested interests.

and btw please define a 'safe' nuclear reactor.
yes, i am talking about present production.

I'm saying that the concept of Man-Made Global warming itself is a big hoax. did you even go through the two links I mentioned in my previous post ?
i admit, i didnt read them before. but thats just bs. tell me, why are there worse and worse floods and droughts? where there was fertile land, there is dead barren desert.... changing climate patterns, extinct species, rising temperatures, is this not a direct result of us trying to change our environment to suit ourselves?

the equilibrium is not dead. the earth changes in a multitude of ways naturally mainly based of sun cycles. human activity is just a minor perturbance for the climate. it is being dramatised. also awareness of sustainable development is much much higher now.

btw ozone layer is recovering well and good mainly from 2003 - effect of the worldwide CFC bans.
MINOR?!?! SUN CYCLES!!! sun cycle is a huge, awesome and powerful PHYSICAL phenomenon. i fail to see how it would affect us, unless the sun's heat is being "somehow" absorbed by the earth, if that were so, the earth would be toast like venus. and venus is a prime example of what we could be doing to ourselves. sun cycles are only related to earth via the geomagnetics.
yea, cfc have been banned. waht about those that escape from faulty/old fridges/ cans??? there was a huge industry making that stuff. i dont think that an entire industry removed cfc's from theier products. if they had, lossed would be huge in terms of disposl costs

lol convert me to what ?? as I said I'm aware of 'environmental degradation and pollution' but completely against the hoax of 'man-made global warming and climate change bcos of that'
'environmental degradation and pollution' 'man-made global warming and climate change' both are the RELATED. global warming >>> causes >>> climate change. lol. think about it. yes, i agree that the issue has been grossly hyped sometimes, but it is a very real and immediate threat, not a hoax.

In the video i'm referring to, he gets drilled by the congressional committee his face becomes pale lol unfortunately I'm unable to locate it.
ummm, he IS a paleface.

i'll get back to you next week at my leisure. please keep the thread going. :)

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Update on Japan Crisis:

Below is the complete post from Source.

What’s Inside the Shelter Boxes Going to Japan?
ShelterBox is sending their awesome, super-compact, heavy duty disaster relief boxes to Japan (you can help them with a single $1 donation). They pack 100 pounds of equipment in just 33 x 24 x 22 inches. Here's what is inside:

• A custom-made shelter tent that fits up to 10 people, designed to withstand extreme temperatures and rain. It even has privacy partitions inside.
• Thermal blankets and insulated ground sheets.
• Water purification system that runs for six months.
• Industrial-grade steel mini stove that can use wood or any other fuel, for heating and cooking.
• Cooking utensils.
• Bowls, mugs, and other containers.
• Toolbox with hammer, axe, saw, trenching shovel, hoe head, pliers and wire cutters.
• A children pack with drawing books, crayons and pens, to keep the kids distracted after losing all their toys.
• And of course, the heavy duty box can be used to store anything, from food to water.

I bet a lot of thought must have gone into building one of those!

Top Bottom