Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake

Do u thk, Japan wil come under ques's now on its capability to handle Nuclear stufs?

• Yes, (Earthquake and Tsunami are common there, so reacters should hav built keeping in mind extreme

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No, (Reacter were made keeping these things in mind. It was just too strong this time, and no one co

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goten

Banned
If such a quake hits India..More a lakh people will be dead for sure....:\

May every1 survive this in Japan.

Peace~~~!

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Luks like u missed above posts. A thousand already didn't survived. There is no news of any Indian casualty in Japan.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If such a quake hits India..More a lakh people will be dead for sure....:\

May every1 survive this in Japan.

Peace~~~!
It's not possible that with a hit of 8.9 everyone will survive. 1k dead and it will increase, though I highly hope it won't. With such a quake in India? Forget about more dead people, even a big city, like- Delhi or Kolkata will be vanished. India should learn a lesson about Japan's awesome preparation of disaster management.

Krow

Crowman
Speculation about what would happen if a Tsunami hit India is unnecessary. It would be better if people stick to the topic.

Japan will bounce back from this pretty soon. My condolences to families of victims.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Luckily, there is no news of any Indian casualty in Japan.
I am sad for the loss of life and the chaos that has occurred in Japan. Whether Indian or not, a life is a life. I don't understand how it is "lucky" if no Indian was harmed and how that is a good thing.

I'd say that luckily the loss of life has not been in millions.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't understand how it is "lucky" if no Indian was harmed and how that is a good thing.
I'd say that luckily the loss of life has not been in millions.

I am not going to debate about my actual sentiments when I wrote that. For that there's whole section devoted called, "Fight Club".
But taking care of your feelings, I have edited my post. Sorry, if it offended anybody.

Krow

Crowman
^I am sorry if I came across as rude. I didn't mean to question your personal sentiments. Or argue about it.

Rahim

Married!
Radiation has leaked from an Japanese nuclear reactor and authorities say there is a possibility of a meltdown at the Fukushima Daiichi plant about 250km north of Tokyo.

This is scary. May God give strength to all.

Read :Why Japan is prone to earthquakes
*english.aljazeera.net/news/asia-pacific/2011/03/2011311105046675615.html

"So we have got the Pacific plate and the Philippine plate to the east; and to the west, we have got the North America plate and the Eurasian plate. And what is happening is that the Philippine plate and the Pacific plate are heading towards the west; they are going underneath the other two plates and that is what is causing all the problems."

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
the nuke reactor blast is ....a real worry.... :(

nuclear reactors dont "blast". they just go critical(as in, too many reactions take place, generating extreme heat in >200,000 K {kelvin} range) and all the hot nuclear stuff melts EVERYTHING, including concrete, and releases a load of radiation and radioactive particles(which get carried away by the winds). and the stuff will remain hot for a very long time, and you cannot do anything to stop it, coz it'll continue generating huge amount of heat.

but, if the hot stuff touches water, the water is going to be super-hot and if it finds a weak point in the structure, it will literally blast, that is, it will expand very fast, so, yes, you might get an "exploding" reactor.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
nuclear reactors dont "blast". they just go critical(as in, too many reactions take place, generating extreme heat in >200,000 K {kelvin} range) and all the hot nuclear stuff melts EVERYTHING, including concrete, and releases a load of radiation and radioactive particles(which get carried away by the winds). and the stuff will remain hot for a very long time, and you cannot do anything to stop it, coz it'll continue generating huge amount of heat.

but, if the hot stuff touches water, the water is going to be super-hot and if it finds a weak point in the structure, it will literally blast, that is, it will expand very fast, so, yes, you might get an "exploding" reactor.

whatever dude... don't go all science on me...
i just read abt it in yahoo news... so i posted it here... go read it if you don't believe me... and if u like go all science on them...

peace out..... :|

pauldmps

Banned

Let me give you a dose of Science. Nuclear Reactors go critical when the systems responsible for controlling the Nuclear Fission fails & not because of earthquake. Also there was an explosion (explosion, mind you, not going critical) in a cooling-plant building which is entirely isolated from the main reactor building. The reactor is safe as of now.

when it will come to india ?

Why? Are you waiting for it ?

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Some interesting read: Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

doomgiver

Warframe
Let me give you a dose of Science. Nuclear Reactors go critical when the systems responsible for controlling the Nuclear Fission fails & not because of earthquake. Also there was an explosion (explosion, mind you, not going critical) in a cooling-plant building which is entirely isolated from the main reactor building. The reactor is safe as of now.

cooling plants can still have radiation leakage, coz the coolants have been in contact with the fissile material.

critical fission = the amount of neutrons getting pumped into the fissile material is just enough to provide self sustaining fission. and when the neutrons in the reaction get past safe limits, it goes super-critical and its called a run-away fission reaction.

Nuclear_meltdown

Top Bottom