Tsunami hits north-eastern Japan after massive quake

Do u thk, Japan wil come under ques's now on its capability to handle Nuclear stufs?

• Yes, (Earthquake and Tsunami are common there, so reacters should hav built keeping in mind extreme

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No, (Reacter were made keeping these things in mind. It was just too strong this time, and no one co

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abhidev

Human Spambot
thats of no consequence. btw, closest to earth in how much time? and did you know, the moon is moving away from the earth @ 4 cm/yr?

Earth's Moon Destined to Disintegrate | Space.com
Curious About Astronomy: Is the Moon moving away from the Earth? When was this discovered?

super moon is rubbish, it happened several times in the past century
Business Line : Industry & Economy / Economy : Moon to be closest to Earth on March 19
Inconstant Moon: The Moon at Perigee and Apogee
Debunking the "Supermoon" Theory of Japan's Earthquake and Tsunami | Fast Company

i've queue'd up Insane Clown Posse in grooveshark

poor japs. first fat man and little boy, then the nuclear reactors. country is a nuke magnet

Mr. DoomGiver...why are you getting so hyper...i just stated what someone else claimed.....

Also even if the moon is moving away from earth every year...it is also coming closer to the earth because the side of the earth facing the moon feels greater gravitational force than the center of the earth, this causes the earth to elongate a bit. please read the articles links that you you have posted

doomgiver

Warframe
Mr. DoomGiver...why are you getting so hyper...i just stated what someone else claimed.....

Also even if the moon is moving away from earth every year...it is also coming closer to the earth because the side of the earth facing the moon feels greater gravitational force than the center of the earth, this causes the earth to elongate a bit. please read the articles links that you you have posted

no no, not getting hyper. just being aggressive(bad thing. sry abt that)
elongation is not too great. by gravitational law, the earth will exert a much greater effect on moon, coz its mass is smaller.

and you can call me doom, everyone does that. :)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
no no, not getting hyper. just being aggressive(bad thing. sry abt that)
elongation is not too great. by gravitational law, the earth will exert a much greater effect on moon, coz its mass is smaller.

By effect, if you mean acceleration then yes. Both Earth and Moon will pull each other with same force.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
i admit, i didnt read them before. but thats just bs. tell me, why are there worse and worse floods and droughts? where there was fertile land, there is dead barren desert.... changing climate patterns, extinct species, rising temperatures, is this not a direct result of us trying to change our environment to suit ourselves?

MINOR?!?! SUN CYCLES!!! sun cycle is a huge, awesome and powerful PHYSICAL phenomenon. i fail to see how it would affect us, unless the sun's heat is being "somehow" absorbed by the earth, if that were so, the earth would be toast like venus. and venus is a prime example of what we could be doing to ourselves. sun cycles are only related to earth via the geomagnetics.
yea, cfc have been banned. waht about those that escape from faulty/old fridges/ cans??? there was a huge industry making that stuff. i dont think that an entire industry removed cfc's from theier products. if they had, lossed would be huge in terms of disposl costs

'environmental degradation and pollution' 'man-made global warming and climate change' both are the RELATED. global warming >>> causes >>> climate change. lol. think about it. yes, i agree that the issue has been grossly hyped sometimes, but it is a very real and immediate threat, not a hoax.
:)

Global Warming:A Chilling Perspective
*www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

*www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/PageMill_Images/image270f.gif

Global Warming: A closer look at the numbers
*www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

_

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Satellite Photos of Japan, Before and After the Quake and Tsunami

Satellite Photos - Japan Before and After Tsunami - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Satellite Photos of Japan, Before and After the Quake and Tsunami

Satellite Photos - Japan Before and After Tsunami - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

After witnessing the birds eye view of the disasters, no words seems necessary to be spoken, nor will any word be justified.
With an update the toll of people who lost their lives due to Earthquake or Tsunami has risen to about 7000. With count of missing people is more than 10,000!
(Source)

May they rest in peace.

Added a poll. Since the question was bugging me.
I personally think, the reacters should have made keeping the strongest earthquakes and Tsunami in mind, since it's a sensitive area.

Krow

Crowman
I feel like going to Japan. As a relief and rescue volunteer or something similar. Sad that I don't have the time or money :(

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Japan Crisis Time line.... From the beginning to now... god knows when and how it will end.
But I hope, it does end soon.

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Seems more like it that TEPCO was caught with their pants down. They have had a weird history in terms of honestly and correct communication to the authorities.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The extent and seriousness of the Nuclear crisis can be judged from the fact, that TEPCO's Managing Director Akio Komiri himself started to cry, as he left after a press conference in Fukushima!

Japan earthquake and tsunami: Fukushima nulear plant radiation leak could kill people | Mail Online

I am a little worried now that this accident has been categorized in the same one, as kept was the Three Mile Island! (level 5)!!

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
An 80 year old women, with her 16 yr old grandson were rescued in Osaka, Japan, where they were trapped for 9 days! :)

Dramatic Rescue Gives Hope in Japan - ABC News

Top Bottom