torrent speed

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i gave an explanation about relation between upload & download speed in my previous post in this thread so see it.there is something called aggressive downloading & i am assuming that IDM on your system is doing that(more the no. of connections/parts more aggressive will be downloading) which results in severe delay of acknowledgement packets for your upload(which needs to be downloaded to your pc) resulting in poor upload speed.

ratul

█████████████████
i gave an explanation about relation between upload & download speed in my previous post in this thread so see it.there is something called aggressive downloading & i am assuming that IDM on your system is doing that(more the no. of connections/parts more aggressive will be downloading) which results in severe delay of acknowledgement packets for your upload(which needs to be downloaded to your pc) resulting in poor upload speed.

yeah, even i think the same, IDM is like taking the every last juice of the bandwidth left for downloading, which does'nt even leave some bandwidth for acknowledgement packages, evil IDM.. :twisted:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
what settings you use with IDM?? coz in my case, while uploading, IDM still downloads with full bandwidth, and the same video which used to show 15 mins to upload shows 150 min. remaining, being stuck @ 1% for a long time... :cry:

Same Video:
Without IDM:
*i.imgur.com/e8bjC44.jpg
With IDM:
*i.imgur.com/RsCSEPT.jpg

IDM ( yes, I paid for this app and upgraded nearly after 4 years ) with default settings out of the box ;-) anyway, a slight correction I was downloading a torrent as well at that time so it took some of the download and upload speed both but as there's was very little number of seeders the torrent speed was not so good .. around 25KB/s may be .

Now I've seen such bandwidth hog situation with XP and a little with win 7 but win 8's bandwidth management is simple awesome.

ratul

█████████████████
IDM ( yes, I paid for this app and upgraded nearly after 4 years ) with default settings out of the box ;-) anyway, a slight correction I was downloading a torrent as well at that time so it took some of the download and upload speed both but as there's was very little number of seeders the torrent speed was not so good .. around 25KB/s may be .

Now I've seen such bandwidth hog situation with XP and a little with win 7 but win 8's bandwidth management is simple awesome.

and i have win8 too.. :p

@ratul: u can also try IDA which is I'm using and its excellent

ok, lemme try it... :)

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
what does it means 4 (11) in Seeds column and 7 (23) in Peers column . please help me with details ??

^ it means that 4 out of 11 known seeders are currently connected. Same for peers?

^ it means that 4 out of 11 known seeders are currently connected. Same for peers?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Are 11 are register users or both (register and unregister) ????

registered where?

4(11): 11 seeders are seeding the torrent file (using utorrent,azureus etc) and 4 are seeding your file.but this is random and keeps changing...like 3(11),7(11)..etc

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tixati looks awesome but still I wonder why utorrent is so tiny in size compared to other torrent clients and like cars I think weight reduction speeds up things ;-)

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Tixati looks awesome but still I wonder why utorrent is so tiny in size compared to other torrent clients and like cars I think weight reduction speeds up things ;-)

yeah its big compared to mu torrent.Another disadvantage of tixati is that there is no pause function,only start stop.
I have also tried Deluge which is also a decent client.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I updated to utorrent 3.3 and found that some files are giving slow speed 10Kbps...where as other torrent files are giving full speed.
even though the seeders are more than 200...some seeders don't set upload limit to MAX...damn..can read the users comment "please seeed etc" :-x

Top Bottom