Top 3 Mozilla Firefox 4 Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Source

Top 3 Mozilla Firefox 4 Features For Next Generation Browsing Experience

Mozilla Firefox needs no special mention to anyone who is associated with internet. Perhaps the fastest and most reliable browser in this world is the most popular one too as they achieved the Guiness Book of World Records for most download in a single day. The key to their success has been continuous improvement of the browser and large...

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I don't need the features. Somebody just manage its resource 'greedy' nature. BTW I am using opera now and loving it. FF3 used to 'monopolize' my resources. Either FF3 or WAMP server and others.

And with these new features, I am sure they are going to make it more demanding.
Someone plz make this awesome browser less greedy!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
IMO, The following things should be done in Firefox ASAP!
* Lower memory Usage, ATM Its Taking over 100MB of RAM:evil:
*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/12260/2008-11-06-111240_1024x768_scrot.png

* Reduce Load or start up time
* Fix occasional Lock-ups, like sometimes it freezes for 3-4seconds and does not respond. However automatically return to normal after sometime.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/12260/2008-11-06-111240_1024x768_scrot.png

* Fix occasional Lock-ups, like sometimes it freezes for 3-4seconds and does not respond. However automatically return to normal after sometime.

Dude you have 1Gb of RAM and what's wrong if FF uses 100MB. let the RAM be utilized. And that is reason why you have 1Gb. To make applications faster.

For me, FF3 used to go to 300MB or so and stopped using it. :(

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Dude you have 1Gb of RAM and what's wrong if FF uses 100MB. let the RAM be utilized. And that is reason why you have 1Gb. To make applications faster.

For me, FF3 used to go to 300MB or so and stopped using it. :(
*I have 1GB ram, but that does not mean everyone has so much memory available. infact most of machines in my college are on 256mb ram, opening more than 2-4 tab makes them crawl.

* We can ignore Memory Usage, but simply can't stand slow startup time. it takes 14-15seconds to load:x

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
*I have 1GB ram, but that does not mean everyone has so much memory available. infact most of machines in my college are on 256mb ram, opening more than 2-4 tab makes them crawl.

* We can ignore Memory Usage, but simply can't stand slow startup time. it takes 14-15seconds to load:x

In that case, try Chrome or Opera.

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
gary4gar said:
* We can ignore Memory Usage, but simply can't stand slow startup time. it takes 14-15seconds to load
Common... I have Celeron D 2.26 with 768 MB Ram on XP SP3 and it takes at most 3 secs to start FF3. Which processor do you have? :neutral:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

Exactly. These things need to be addressed first. While replying to this post and keeping 4 other tabs opened, it's taking up a combined 160 MB of memory.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/12262/06-11-2008%2010-40-46%20PM.png

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Resources! Who cares..resources are to use buddy..let it take
I am speaking about 'limited' resources.
RAM and processors don't grow on tree, at least at my place, that you can simply pluck them and plug on to your mobo!

rosemolr

Journeyman
^^ i bought my 2 gb RAM from a retailer shop and it cost me 2k at that time..I don't know about the case of RAM from tree..I will check it soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom