Today I understood why people buy headphones...

Krow

Crowman
...and I only listened to the Audio Technica M20 for F.I.V.E. minutes. My Brainwavz M1 just cannot, I repeat, can not give me the same:

1. Sound quality
  2. Impact
  3. Depth
  4. Width
  5. Premium feel (coiled, thick cable)
  6. Polished looks
  7. Spongy comfort

Words have failed me. I cannot enclose my feelings, can't bind them with word walls.

I gifted these to my friend, and I cannot describe how happy I am to have brought great audio to his life.

Will I feel the same with better IEMs? I doubt it. There is something about headphones which an IEM fails at. I don't know how to explain now. Maybe I will be able to put my words into perspective when I have auditioned more stuff.

I always felt I didn't need any better IEM. Yes Brainwavz M2 sounds better and so do a host of other IEMs but I never felt that my M1 lacks something essential. Now I do.

I guess I just found another expensive hobby... life is cruel.

One day, I am going to get a really awesome pair.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Same feeling here bro. :) I'm also going to buy some AT(confused though). Just can't wait more to gain audio nirvana. :)

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
I'd suggest you demo both first. Anyway, if you are planning on carrying it around, get M2. For home usage, ATH M20. :)

Sarath

iDota
I was aiming for the M50 do you suggest I gradually take it up from M20 then M35 and end up(?) at M50?

My comparison of IEM would be Klipsch X10 :|

sukant

Fragholic
Err if you have the budget for M50 go for it , yes it certainly shines more with a amp but arent bad without one either. I moved on directly from a HD202 to a AD700 , and if the SQ difference is huge you will surely be happy . When you move up gradually what happens is the SQ diff is present but to a lesser extent say 20-30% , plus with each upgrade you are actually losing out on a few bucks as you are going to sell your older one for a far lesser price.

Sarath

iDota
I don't sell my old ones. I either keep them or give it away to friends. Mostly they just die in my own hands so that's not a problem.

BTW Krow a small review along the lines of your M1 review would be a great asset. Waiting for one :)

Going directly with M50 will be too much IMO. Since you already own Klipsch 10 & Siberia, I'd suggest you M35. :)

I am worried about the Klipsch X10 eclipsing all off my purchases. Hence though M50 would be a good companion to it but ran outta cash. I am however getting a different kind of headphones in a weeks time. Watch out ;)

M35 is not as easy to drive as M20 or T500. Better have a good sound card or amp.

That was my worry. Spending 5k on an AMP and then another 8k or 5k for headphones really have got my kidneys worrying :| :p

But I have a Steel series Siberia V1. Do you suggest I go for M35 and skip M20 since they are around the same price bracket and might sound similar.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Hi,
I have an Audio Technica M50, and a Klipsch X10i, both. M50 might benefit from a amp, but my Cowon J3 and Sony A844, both are able to drive it very easily (though M50 eats up the battery rather quickly).
As far the sound goes, I love the M50. I used to like my X10 a lot, but these days I listen to nothing except for the M50. However, it has a sound somewhat similar to X10. the bass is punchy, mids a bit recessed, and highs are sparkly, but not overtly so. If you want to but the M50, but are holding out thinking it will need an amp, then go ahead, and but it. you won't feel the need for amp right now. You can get one later if you want to.
And if you are thinking that your X10 will eclipse the M50, don't worry. That's not gonna happen. :D

red dragon

Master troll
I am probably the only one here who does not like M50,
got both M50 and Senn hd25 I-II,the Senny is just miles ahead.
It does pretty much everything better than M50.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
@ Sarath: The review is not a possibility for me now (I am not the owner of the headphones :p ). But, I might ask him to write a review. :))

red dragon

Master troll
Google it mate!
It is probably the highest selling closed headphones.
Costed me 13k last year.
Worth every penny!
Nothing comes even close.

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
Google it mate!
It is probably the highest selling closed headphones.
Coated me 13k last year.
Worth every penny!
Nothing comes even close.

Any link to where you got that coat from? :)

And if you are thinking that your X10 will eclipse the M50, don't worry. That's not gonna happen. :D

That helped clear some air. As an owner of both the IEMs I wished for I want to ask you this.

Will I be content with the M35 after using the X10 or should I jump the ship directly onto the M50?

Thanks with the amp confusion though. I was too paranoid about it.

@ Sarath: The review is not a possibility for me now (I am not the owner of the headphones :p ). But, I might ask him to write a review. :))

Oh that's a heartbreaker. You can borrow steal them and do a small review :))
jk

nevermind I thought they were your's.

Top Bottom