Today I understood why people buy headphones...

red dragon

Master troll
Any link to where you got that coat from

Err!!Damage was 13k.
It was a typo!!Costed became coated!!
Bought it locally from kolkata.
Actually planned for M50,got one for brief audition....somehow did not like it.
The SM3 and IE7 was much better than it for my kind of music.

Someone from TE suggested the hd25...luckily I was in Shilong at that time and a local musician had it..tried it...loved it...bought it from Kolkata.

I am no audiophile but I do not like the typical veiled signature of Sennheiser(like the ie7 over ie8)
HD25 sort of gave me the same feeling.
The bass is still a tad too heavy for my likings.
The treble is sparkling(but not as much as Grados,which I hate like anything)
The mid...I am still confused,sometime it is veiled,sometimes very forword but ZERO sibilance(which is amazing)

It has become my daily driver after I lost the IE7 and manage to break the left driver of the super expensive SM3.

My advice regarding M50 would be
Do not buy it if you are into
1.classical music.
2.post rock.
3.Hate bass like me.
4.Audiophile and looking for something balanced.

For anything else it must be perfect.
Trance lovers do swear by it.
It is no way balanced,has a very narrow soundstage but at the sametime very fun sounding.
Not at all dry or analytical but extremely musical.

I have not heard X10 but iems like SM3 or IE8 are lot more acurate and airy with much larger soundstage than M50(but they cost more than double also!!)

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
That helped clear some air. As an owner of both the IEMs I wished for I want to ask you this.

Will I be content with the M35 after using the X10 or should I jump the ship directly onto the M50?

Thanks with the amp confusion though. I was too paranoid about it.

Since I have never listened the M35, I can't comment how it fares against M50, but from what I have read, M50 has lower impedance than M35 (38 ohms against 65 ohms), and hence will be more suited to MP3 players and laptops without the need of an amp. M50 has higher sensitivity than M35, and hence should sound better. If you can somehow get your hands on both of them, try them and then buy what you like.

red dragon

Master troll
For an impedance of 65ohms for a full sized headphone,you will need an amp for it to shine.
Even ultra basic amps will do.

Top Bottom