Cyber Genius FTW
Microsoft just announced the Lumia 950 and 950XL
Speculations and leaks were true but with the following differences-

QHD Oled display
Liquid cooling technology
Lumia 950XL is for $650 (ie Rs 42k
Im guessing 950 will be around 35k)
Continuum

I think we have a winner, just hope pricing improves further !!

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Microsoft just announced the Lumia 950 and 950XL
Speculations and leaks were true but with the following differences-

QHD Oled display
Liquid cooling technology
Lumia 950XL is for $650 (ie Rs 42k
Im guessing 950 will be around 35k)
Continuum

I think we have a winner, just hope pricing improves further !!

Saw that. Lumia 550 has good specs too except for that snapdragon 210 processor and RAM. If MS launches it for anything above 7k, It might not be showing good numbers in sales.

I know Windows 10 is optimized to run on these hardware specs but most people choose superior hardware and care a little about optimization and fluidity while buying a smartphone.

amjath

Human Spambot
I might move to Windows phone if the app support is better. I'm not adding any flame wars here.
A small example, a 7 month old addictive game "King of theives" which i play on android and ios is not available yet in Windows and there is no word on it yet. I'm talking about Zeptolab, a big game developer here who did not consider as a platform poor stuff

Aakarshan

In the zone
I have two questions to ask:

Will Lumia 730 will get the W10M update?
What are the new features are coming in W10M?
Any news on new apps

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I have two questions to ask:

Will Lumia 730 will get the W10M update?
What are the new features are coming in W10M?
Any news on new apps

Yes all WP8 onwards devices are 100% getting the update(except 4gb phones which is still not certain) but yeah 730 will 100% get the update
for W10M feature list, just see Windows central videos
For new apps,android and ios apps are coming soon to WP thanks to new porting tools(project astoria)
Infact the Candy Crush app on Windows Phone is actually an ios experimental port which was created within 5 mins

- - - Updated - - -

I might move to Windows phone if the app support is better. I'm not adding any flame wars here.
A small example, a 7 month old addictive game "King of theives" which i play on android and ios is not available yet in Windows and there is no word on it yet. I'm talking about Zeptolab, a big game developer here who did not consider as a platform poor stuff

except for a few games and snapchat, Windows Phone has all the essential apps
only kids arent happy with WP because of games
Mobile gaming is anyways a PITA
For the more mature crowd, Windows Phone is deadly stable and beautiful and a no nonsense platform
before hating on a platform I suggest you actually give one a try instead of reading biased articles on the net(most reviewers are biased against it sadly and overhype everything)

amjath

Human Spambot
except for a few games and snapchat, Windows Phone has all the essential apps
only kids arent happy with WP because of games
Mobile gaming is anyways a PITA
For the more mature crowd, Windows Phone is deadly stable and beautiful and a no nonsense platform
before hating on a platform I suggest you actually give one a try instead of reading biased articles on the net(most reviewers are biased against it sadly and overhype everything)

we have been through this discussion before. So I'm not gonna comment anything on this. I'm just gonna wait for Project Astoria and Islandwood.

Also every one eagerly waiting for this, why?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
we have been through this discussion before. So I'm not gonna comment anything on this. I'm just gonna wait for Project Astoria and Islandwood.

Also every one eagerly waiting for this, why?

I know we had this discussion before thats why Im telling you again to reserve your judgements until you actually own a WP or give one a fair try instead of parroting what reviewers tell you
All Im gonna say to conclude this is that unless you are a 10 year old who wants games and apps like snapchat, theres not really any apps missing
no offense to you , just saying you shouldnt hate on platforms without trying

amjath

Human Spambot
I know we had this discussion before thats why Im telling you again to reserve your judgements until you actually own a WP or give one a fair try instead of parroting what reviewers tell you
All Im gonna say to conclude this is that unless you are a 10 year old who wants games and apps like snapchat, theres not really any apps missing
no offense to you , just saying you shouldnt hate on platforms without trying

I used 2 windows phone closely [my colleagues, dont judge me on this], the UI is smooth, Windows can run on lower hardware blah blah. But iOS does the same. iOS is smooth runs on lower hardware, Apple support 2 or 3 major versions of iOS.
Give me a reason why I should go for Windows instead of ios or android. The reason I'm asking you is my OPO is crushed, I'm trying to revive it, if it fails I will be up for choices. Lumia 950 is so good, its a complete device but i need something things related to software to convince me.

Note: I'm a flashaholic, I just dont use my device as a phone. That's the selling point of Android to me.

One quick question, adblock available in Windows?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I used 2 windows phone closely [my colleagues, dont judge me on this], the UI is smooth, Windows can run on lower hardware blah blah. But iOS does the same. iOS is smooth runs on lower hardware, Apple support 2 or 3 major versions of iOS.
Give me a reason why I should go for Windows instead of ios or android. The reason I'm asking you is my OPO is crushed, I'm trying to revive it, if it fails I will be up for choices. Lumia 950 is so good, its a complete device but i need something things related to software to convince me.

Note: I'm a flashaholic, I just dont use my device as a phone. That's the selling point of Android to me.

One quick question, adblock available in Windows?

1. Owning a device and holding it in your hand for 2 mins are totally different
I can touch a Lamborghini but that doesnt mean I know as much as the owner

2. ios?? seriously?? You are willing to spend 50-60k minimum on a phone that cant even send stuff via bluetooth? and you complain about WP not having features?? great going (FYI I love iPads and know how poor android tabs are in comparison)
also their cable quality is pathetic, after sales is just a bunch of idiots with bad attitudes who try to blame you for manufacturing defects,speaking from personal experience.

3. Can you connect your iphone or android to another display, hard drive,keyboard and mouse all at once and use it as a mini computer?

4. ios isnt as smooth as WP, I own iPads 2,3,4,mini 1 and 2 and Lumia 720,820.
My iPad 2 and Lumia 720 both have dual core, 512mb ram and 32gb storage.still my 720 is smoother on the latest version and doesnt crash while browsing heavy sites. Also Apple loves to ruin older devices with new updates which they eventually force down your throat with nagging notifications(just like android) , even slightly older ios versions will refuse to run newer apps or updates because Apple wants you on the latest ios version

5. If you are a flashaholic, have you considered getting a device which isnt mainstream? I mean Samsung,OPO,iPhone are kinda mainstream(No offense :) , just putting forth my thoughts)

Im not bashing you or trying to offend you in any manner :)
Just stating my experience since I use all 4 major platforms and love to switch between my devices from time to time
I have a Nexus 5, 7(2012),(2013), iPads 2,3,4,mini 1,2 Lumia 720,820 , BB Z10 and a bunch of other gadgets including a Surface Pro 3

Microsoft is the next big thing Im sure of it
Just see XDA,Androidcentral etc , even "fandroids" in the general sense, are actually impressed by the latest announcements by microsoft (no offense to android users and lovers , talking about extremists)

Going by my own experience with a 720 and 820 and Surface Pro 3 all running Windows 10 and in perfect sync, I can safely say they have done a commendable job

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if you are looking for extreme customisation, really rare apps and games, the platform isnt for you
for the more general consumers, I think they will be at home with Windows Phone/Mobile and are simply not jumping ship because reviewers these days are extremely biased and misleading. Hence I personally only trust forums and actual experiences from actual owners

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
kkn13 said:
2. ios?? seriously?? You are willing to spend 50-60k minimum on a phone that cant even send stuff via bluetooth? and you complain about WP not having features?? great going (FYI I love iPads and know how poor android tabs are in comparison)
You speak about iPhone costing 60k. But if you say an OS is bad just because it can't send stuff over bluetooth, lolok.

kkn13 said:
3. Can you connect your iphone or android to another display, hard drive,keyboard and mouse all at once and use it as a mini computer?
How to connect an iPhone or iPad to a TV or a computer monitor

Using a bluetooth keyboard should work fine. One doesn't need a mouse in iOS

kkn13 said:
4. ios isnt as smooth as WP, I own iPads 2,3,4,mini 1 and 2 and Lumia 720,820.
My iPad 2 and Lumia 720 both have dual core, 512mb ram and 32gb storage.still my 720 is smoother on the latest version and doesnt crash while browsing heavy sites. Also Apple loves to ruin older devices with new updates which they eventually force down your throat with nagging notifications(just like android) , even slightly older ios versions will refuse to run newer apps or updates because Apple wants you on the latest ios version
This is probably the funniest part of your post. You compare an iPad released almost 2 years earlier to the Lumia mentioned(March 2011 compared to Feb 2013) & call the iPad slow lol. iOS 9 has sped up every old device it supports(iPhone 4s feels like a new phone again).

If you really wish to do a "fair" comparison, compare devices released the same year, i.e compare with the 2nd gen iPad Mini.

kkn13 said:
5. If you are a flashaholic, have you considered getting a device which isnt mainstream? I mean Samsung,OPO,iPhone are kinda mainstream(No offense , just putting forth my thoughts)
flasho...whatever? Support of flash player?

That being said WP is making great strides, their overall integration of products seem to be great & simultaneous updates are great for the consumer too. Thing is, the world isn't black & white as you make it to be :wink:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^ your comments are soo naive and uninformed,im not gonna bother replying to you
Atleast Amjath had genuine doubts and put up a fairly good arguement, yours is simply poor im sorry to say
even your tone of typing is rather brash and you havent even understood the discussion or the words used in it

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I don't think KOT is coming to WP anytime soon. Look at "Clash of Clans", still it hasn't made its way to WP.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I don't think KOT is coming to WP anytime soon. Look at "Clash of Clans", still it hasn't made its way to WP.

Google "Project Astoria " and "Project Islandswood"
Biggest example of why Windows is the gonna boom soon is the Candy Crush App on WP8.1, it is actually an ios app not a native app and was ported within 5 mins with very little modification
works perfect
infact this was revealed 6 months after the app's release on WP

so theres always a high chance

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
More info about this please, how is this exclusive to WP ?

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=f34PJhto92Q
also Apple says they have no plans of merging ios and OSX
Google doesnt stand a chance with Chrome OS
Only Microsoft has this

Only thing that comes close is BB10's Blend feature but its not the same, still awesome though

- - - Updated - - -

Flashaholic : a person who often flashes his phone with different Custom ROMs adjusting to his needs from time to time.

Flashaholic in the general sense means people who prefer flashy material not mainstream
I dont know which one he referred to but this is the general sense of the term

Top Bottom