The Windows Mobile Thread

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
My 920's battery life is not good anymore. It is 22 months old though.

I have three options - 1) Buy a new battery and use the 920 until Sep next year... Then buy the 950
2) Sell 920 and buy 640 - Its got good specs and has great battery life. My priority right now. It's also cheap.
3) Manage with my 920 right now and buy the 950 around April-May when it's prices are down. What do you'll say? What prices do you'll expect for 950 around that time?

Option 1 or 2 sounds better imho
Im also waiting it out with my 720
my power button has gone weak but I did something and its running OK again and Im a bit more careful
waiting for the next lot of mid range lumias

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
my power button has gone weak but I did something and its running OK again and Im a bit more careful

will the 740 or 840 have snapdragon 410 or better? or snapdragon 400 only?

And what about 2gb ram? will either of them have it?

If they have 410 and still have 1 gb ram, I might as well buy 640, as camera of 640 is fine for me..

- - - Updated - - -

When Win 10 is coming for all Lumias?

It will be a slow roll out. 1st the X40 series will get it around nov-dec. Then X30 around jan-feb. And finally X20 around Mar-Apr.

Just saying this from previous experience. It might not hold true , but this is what i feel will happen.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
will the 740 or 840 have snapdragon 410 or better? or snapdragon 400 only?

And what about 2gb ram? will either of them have it?

If they have 410 and still have 1 gb ram, I might as well buy 640, as camera of 640 is fine for me..

- - - Updated - - -

It will be a slow roll out. 1st the X40 series will get it around nov-dec. Then X30 around jan-feb. And finally X20 around Mar-Apr.

Just saying this from previous experience. It might not hold true , but this is what i feel will happen.

Im not pinning my hopes on really revolutionary hardware but my guess is theyll either stick to 640 and 640XL -Like hardware or they will switch to Intel Atom or SD410 or SD615
Either way, newer is better and x40 series seems a safe bet imho
which is why the 640 and 640XL might actually be safer buys than 730 or 830 at the moment
especially since 830 is now EOL
Its out of stock in most places and even 520 and 720 are still available everywhere from time to time(not saying they are worth buying now though) :p
Im gonna wait till september and see
I have a feeling they might release new mid rangers then
no flagships or 5xx or 6xx for a while imho atleast not till nov-dec

Im not worried about ram or specs as such as long as they get updates and retain their quality
Im very satisfied with 720 and 820
though 1gb and above is a must for a completely smooth performance

the.one

In the zone

Im facing an issue with power button too on my 720 too, managing to use it somehow though.

Tempted to switch over to 640 XL. Holding-off for few days since wp 10 is maybe just a few weeks away, and 640 XL is not 4G enabled.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] Can you please suggest armbands for lumia 640 and 640xl?

armbands?
you mean Fitness bands?
then just get Microsoft band or Mi Band

- - - Updated - - -

Im facing an issue with power button too on my 720 too, managing to use it somehow though.

Tempted to switch over to 640 XL. Holding-off for few days since wp 10 is maybe just a few weeks away, and 640 XL is not 4G enabled.

dont make 4G a deal breaker imho
India still has "3G" and its not utilized to full potential yet
4G might take like 10 years going by the history of 3G
Even Im tempted for 640XL
but I dunno if a better phone will come soon for the same price etc so am waiting for the next lineup

Flash

Lost in speed
but I dunno if a better phone will come soon for the same price etc so am waiting for the next lineup
You can wait for L750, if you want.
Microsoft Lumia 750 Specifications and Price | Smartphone Price

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
You can wait for L750, if you want.
Microsoft Lumia 750 Specifications and Price | Smartphone Price

Im not very impressed with the specs :(
If Im gonna upgrade,I want something radically new or something like that
because SD410 and S4 Pro have very little real world difference,If it gets SD615 or intel atom,ill switch right away

the.one

In the zone
armbands?
you mean Fitness bands?
then just get Microsoft band or Mi Band

- - - Updated - - -

dont make 4G a deal breaker imho
India still has "3G" and its not utilized to full potential yet
4G might take like 10 years going by the history of 3G

Mi band doesn't support windows afaik.

Ppl are already using 4g around me.
Airtel is offering affordable plans, soon others like reliance will also come in with 4g.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Mi band doesn't support windows afaik.

Ppl are already using 4g around me.
Airtel is offering affordable plans, soon others like reliance will also come in with 4g.

*www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/mi-band-companion/9nblgggxwtb3
works fine

also 4G is a gimmick in India trust me just wait for natural course of action

- - - Updated - - -

*neurogadget.com/2015/08/22/windows-10-mobile-gets-an-unofficial-google-play-store-and-other-google-apps/13207
:O :D :p Maybe this is bring the platform to the mainstream !!

the.one

In the zone
*www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/mi-band-companion/9nblgggxwtb3
works fine

also 4G is a gimmick in India trust me just wait for natural course of action

- - - Updated - - -

Windows 10 Mobile Gets an Unofficial Google Play Store and Other Google Apps - Neurogadget.com
:O :D :p Maybe this is bring the platform to the mainstream !!

For the short amount of time I had chance to use I dint feel it to be gimmicky..

Thnx for the link to mi app.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
the speeds are exactly the same....
In India even 3G isnt 3G, plus coverage is poor even in the heart of Mumbai where I live
Totally agreed with you.
All service providers have pathetic 3g network. Have tried all of them but will favour Reliance gsm as its cheaper.

$hadow

Geek in making
They can't even provide full 3g coverage in places which should have a proper coverage. I was travelling from Delhi to Jaipur a few days back and Airtel was struggling to provide 3g and most of the time I was left with 2g.

ankushv

Journeyman
Operators who now have a 4g licence will not upgrade their 3g infrastructure .
As 4g is not backwards compatible with 3g .
So expect the 4g speeds and network infrastructure to pick up slowly .
BTW The karbonn win w4 (quad core , 512 mb ram , 400*800 4" screen and 5MP Auto focus & Secondary Vga camera) is available at 3049 on amazon .
I'm tempted to buy it as a secondary phone .

Flash

Lost in speed
BTW The karbonn win w4 (quad core , 512 mb ram , 400*800 4" screen and 5MP Auto focus & Secondary Vga camera) is available at 3049 on amazon .
For a secondary mobile, it's surely a good deal. Don't worry, you will get W10 update too.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Operators who now have a 4g licence will not upgrade their 3g infrastructure .
As 4g is not backwards compatible with 3g .
So expect the 4g speeds and network infrastructure to pick up slowly .

Get Lumia 535 for 5.8k instead !! not for any other reason but the specs and build quality etc is excellent for that price

- - - Updated - - -

For a secondary mobile, it's surely a good deal. Don't worry, you will get W10 update too.

yeah thats the awesome part about Windows Phone/Mobile, youll always have support officially
you can always load Dev Previews onto any windows phone

this is better than android imho for the following reasons-

- Dev previews are for ALL wps unlike android where only latest Nexus gets it
- No need to wait for devs to make custom roms
- No hassle to find good drivers etc , even the latest dev preview can still use the old firmware on any phone and function pretty well
- well defined hardware standards means OEMs can release updates easily

Windows 10 Mobile just needs a bit more and itll kill android imho
Im harrowed by my experience of poor update system in android

Top Bottom