The Windows Mobile Thread

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Yup I've been patient enough for last 2 months and still I am optimistic for to come somewhere during festival season.

No pricing. So difficult to find out if that source is authentic.

BTW, HTC 8S & 8X will be launched by next week in India.

Source: FoneArena

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

That'd be another in a series of bad pricing decision by HTC. I personally feel 8X more of a player in the 30-33k segment, of course, assuming the 920 sells at about 40k.

And at 40k even the lumia is overpriced. Big Nokia and WP fan here, but I feel Nokia is breathing its last as a major mobile phone player. One simply cannot avoid the comparison with the S3 or the beautiful One X. And thats a bad thing for Nokia. And hoping to convert the IOS sheep is an exercise in futility.

And rumor has it that Microsoft is testing its own phone as a Plan B. That'd kill Nokia first.

That'd be another in a series of bad pricing decision by HTC. I personally feel 8X more of a player in the 30-33k segment, of course, assuming the 920 sells at about 40k.

And at 40k even the lumia is overpriced. Big Nokia and WP fan here, but I feel Nokia is breathing its last as a major mobile phone player. One simply cannot avoid the comparison with the S3 or the beautiful One X. And thats a bad thing for Nokia. And hoping to convert the IOS sheep is an exercise in futility.

And rumor has it that Microsoft is testing its own phone as a Plan B. That'd kill Nokia first.

I think they have to price the same as Galaxy S3 in order to compete in the market. Nokia is not going anywhere they have enough funds of their own and then Finnish government and Microsoft provide them enough funds for reserach. Even if they close in mobile segment (which I don't think is possible) they have their navigation devision which BMW and other German car manufacturers are using in thier car. Take my word. "No one can compete with Nokia in Windows Phone segment, not even Microsoft."

tinamishra

Right off the assembly line

hmmm , you seem to have a different opnion, everyone i have shown my phone have fallen in love with WP ui and love metro/live tile concept..
i've been using it for so many days, i still enjoy it
Infact MS has this habit of serving old wine in new bottle..same is for WP
Current WP home-screen = Stock WinMo 6.5 home screen (present same things in square + make it interactive)
Cant recommend any single IM app..be it IM+ or WhatsApp because both are pathetic on WP and equally awesome on Android. Blame the OS for same and not app developers.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent

My friend is planning to get Lumia 920 from US (AT&T unlocked for 450$) .. will the device work in india as well without any issues?

It is off contract not unlocked. I was expecting 920 to come somewhere near diwali but with just weeks away i still don't see any official announcement

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.

gonna buy lumia 800 today.....white or black or cyan!!!!!??????

ajaymailed

In the zone

pretty good pricing by Nokia for Lumia 920 & 820. It will beat the competition from HTC & possibly Samsung.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

I meant the US prices.
AT&T off contract Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 pricing revealed - SlashGear

That is the subsidised pricing. ANd the phones are locked to AT&T network. Its only off-contract, not unlocked.

I expect the Indian pricing to be somewhere in the 40k range, it sells for upwards of 600 pounds in the UK.

Top Bottom