The Windows Mobile Thread

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Has the price been announced yet? For 820 or 920.

rumours but the 8x has been priced at 399 pounds and 8s at 225 pounds which looks like a sweet deal

Guys how is the progress going on with Windows Phone apps ....
I am really liking Lumia's looks. But a lil concerned about availability of apps, as I have already made a mistake by purchasing Blackberry playbook...

Is windows platform apps anywhere closer to android in quality and quality ?

Quality yes, Quantity no
Some big name apps are missing but there are alternatives

anarchy0x

In the zone

I have Sony Xperia X1. Can anyone tell me if it will support 32 GB without slowing down? I have googled that and some websites say 16 GB and some 32 GB. I called their call center and very surprisingly, even they weren't sure. A shopkeeper suggested me that if I use 32 GB and keep some free space like 5 GB, then it will work fine and not lag.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

I have Sony Xperia X1. Can anyone tell me if it will support 32 GB without slowing down? I have googled that and some websites say 16 GB and some 32 GB. I called their call center and very surprisingly, even they weren't sure. A shopkeeper suggested me that if I use 32 GB and keep some free space like 5 GB, then it will work fine and not lag.

are you kidding me? what part of windows phone dont you understand?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

GSM Arena has a hands on with the Samsung ATIV S

[youtube]f9SZakcrq44[/youtube]

anarchy0x

In the zone

are you kidding me? what part of windows phone dont you understand?

Perhaps you need to learn some manners before you post? My Phone has a Windows OS and hence I am assuming it is a Windows phone. I reckon that I may be wrong but no where did I claim to be an expert in mobiles or any technology whatsoever and if I have made a mistake while addressing my query, I don't mind being corrected in a polite, amicable way.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Perhaps you need to learn some manners before you post? My Phone has a Windows OS and hence I am assuming it is a Windows phone. I reckon that I may be wrong but no where did I claim to be an expert in mobiles or any technology whatsoever and if I have made a mistake while addressing my query, I don't mind being corrected in a polite, amicable way.

the reason i've got exasperated is because i deleted your previous post(after post #221) as it did not belong to this thread.If you did not understand why i deleted it, you should have asked me. You still posted it in this thread again!

Windows mobile is not windows phone. When we use the term windows phone it is used to refer to phones with the windows phone 7 OS.
Your phone has the windows mobile 6. Your assumption that it is a Windows phone is wrong. So please make a new thread in the appropriate section for your query.

And if you want to blame anyone for such a cryptic naming scheme, blame Microsoft.

anarchy0x

In the zone

I apologize for posting again. I have experienced glitches in some forums where posts had disappeared and the admin hadn't deleted it, so I thought it must be one of those things.

the reason i've got exasperated is because i deleted your previous post(after post #221) as it did not belong to this thread.If you did not understand why i deleted it, you should have asked me. You still posted it in this thread again!

Windows mobile is not windows phone. When we use the term windows phone it is used to refer to phones with the windows phone 7 OS.
Your phone has the windows mobile 6. Your assumption that it is a Windows phone is wrong. So please make a new thread in the appropriate section for your query.

And if you want to blame anyone for such a cryptic naming scheme, blame Microsoft.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master

Guys anybody tried any custom ROM on your WP7 ...

anyone can help in unlocking/hacking ..how this WP7roottools work??

Actually I just want the static ip function ...thats all :cry:

LegendKiller

In the zone

is there a software than can transfer my contacts+sms from either a android or symbian device?

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.

Nokia Lumia 800 price drops to Rs. 18,867 :woohoo:

*www.thinkdigit.com/Mobiles-PDAs/Nokia-Lumia-800-price-drops-to-Rs_11143.html

shashankm

I reign hell..

With Nokia Purity monster headsets and lumia 800 combined alone for 18.5 and given some coupons, some one must be really bloody audacious to leave this one out.

Those who crib that this ain't geting WP8, be assured none of the current Windows 7 PC are getting Windows 8 for free. They need to pay or they simply can't. Current Lumia user can't upgrade because of different hardware architecture but then W 7.8 is just more than what you'll ever need along with the genuine feel of W8. What's the fuss all about?
I've been using one since last 3 months and believe me, I feel blessed and there isn't a single person whom I've met and shown this phone, and he/she hasn't praised it. Solid battery life apart from shockingly fast fluidic OS experience, much better than competitors.

Yeah I do agree, windows phone market lacks in millions of useless applications without any quality checks on them and now I believe that numbers do count!

C'mon, don't be a crybaby, this is the best deal you can get for a lumia 800, lumia 820 aint getting here too soon and 920 would be too highly priced to be owned right at the launch. Till then, make yourself acquainted with windows interface and then once prices are rational, dive deep only to go up the hierarchy.

Can't understand ever that guys who are reluctant even to update their windows PC [sici] choose to nitpick the lack of updates in other OSes of different sphere!

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

So WP8 is out

Most Personal Smartphone

Live Tiles are the heart and soul of Windows Phone, and no other phone has them. People can arrange the iconic Start screen however they want by pinning their favorite people, apps, music, games, photos and more. Three sizes of Live Tiles and 20 bright color choices including cobalt, crimson and lime mean you can personalize your Start screen to be unmistakably yours.

In addition to Live Tiles, Windows Phone 8 offers a range of new features to make your smartphone experience even more personal, including these:

The only phone with Live Apps. Live Apps bring information right to the Start screen, such as the Groupon deal of the day, flight information and news headlines. With Windows Phone 8, Live Apps such as Facebook can even deliver real-time information right to your lock screen with updated wallpaper.

Top apps. The Windows Phone Store has 120,000 apps to choose from, with hundreds added every day and hits coming this holiday, such as “Angry Birds Star Wars,” “Cut the Rope Experiments,” “Disney’s Where’s My Water,” “LivingSocial,” “Temple Run,” “Urbanspoon” and many more. Today Microsoft announced that Pandora, the leading Internet radio service, is coming to Windows Phone in early 2013 with one year of ad-free music.

Kid’s Corner. Exclusive to Windows Phone 8, Kid’s Corner is a worry-free way to share your phone with your kids, so they can play “Angry Birds” without texting your angry boss. Parents can now hand over their phones to the kids without worrying about deleted photos, misdirected emails, unapproved purchases or accidental phone calls. After a simple setup, parents can activate a specialized place on the phone for kids to play — complete with their own customizable Start screens — where they can access only the apps, games, music and videos picked by parents.

Rooms. Sometimes you want to share and chat with one group, not your entire social network. Rooms allow you to create private groups of people who have Windows Phone 8 — like your family members best friends or fantasy football league — and easily connect with just them. Chat, share calendars, shopping lists or photos in an ongoing conversation where only those invited can join in. You can share some aspects of Rooms with friends and family on other smartphones as well.

Data Sense. This new feature helps you surf more and do more — without worrying about going over your data limit. Data sense helps conserve your data allowance by compressing Web images, deferring data tasks to free Wi-Fi and automatically adjusting your usage as you get closer to your plan limits. Data Sense also shows how much data is used per app. As you approach your limit, Data Sense notifies you so you can get the most out of your plan. Data Sense will roll out to select mobile operators this holiday and additional partners next year. Verizon will be the first to offer Data Sense in the U.S.

Wallet and near-field communications. Windows Phone 8 brings together the best of new wallet technologies, including payments via near-field communications (NFC).(1) The Wallet can also store your debit, credit, loyalty and membership card information on your phone.

Always-on, premium Skype experience. With the new Skype app, coming soon to Windows Phone 8, you can make and receive Skype calls just like a regular phone call. Simply tap a friend or family member’s contact card in the People Hub, or just pick up when the phone rings. Skype is always on and available so you can choose how to connect with people.

I like the wordflow keyboard

sujoyp

Grand Master

thanks for the info....hope we get at least half the features in WP7.8

Top Bottom