The Windows 8 Thread

kaudey

Journeyman
I am not able to open any of the tiles from the metro UI (eg. store, video, music, games etc). what can be the reason?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
what do you mean by "Not able to open" ?? application is completely blank or it crashes or you cant install any app???

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Oi!!! Follow Rules dude..

EDIT:mad:reniarahim1. go here *www.askvg.com/direct-download-link...nd-untouched-windows-7-iso-32-bit-and-64-bit/ and use the 64bit ISO. Install Win 7 (you can skip the product key during installation) and it will work as trial. then you can use the upgrade assistant to purchase your copy.

EDIT2: Note: The link which I have given is legal.

gameranand

Living to Play
Darn it. So basically one needs Win 7 preinstalled to get Win 8. Its the worst policy I can think of from Microsoft.

kaudey

Journeyman
what do you mean by "Not able to open" ?? application is completely blank or it crashes or you cant install any app???

When I click on any of the tiles, it just goes to a coloured screen with an icon of that application, the dots keep circling but nothing happens after that. Screen shot for ur ref. Store.jpg

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
IIRC I did face this issue once or twice. Do one thing, run windows update. it will download the latest updates and then check.

reniarahim1

Youngling
^^ Oi!!! Follow Rules dude..

EDIT:mad:reniarahim1. go here [Direct Download Links] Download Official Windows 7 RTM with SP1 ISO (32-bit and 64-bit) - Tweaking with Vishal and use the 64bit ISO. Install Win 7 (you can skip the product key during installation) and it will work as trial. then you can use the upgrade assistant to purchase your copy.

EDIT2: Note: The link which I have given is legal.

Finally i installed Win 8 pro Without any issues. Downloaded the 64Bit Win 8 through Upgrade Assistant from Win 8 Release Preview. Created Bootable USB using the ISO file and did a clean install on the Win 7 drive after formatting. Activation also went perfectly fine and everything is up and running. Thanks every one..

kaudey

Journeyman
IIRC I did face this issue once or twice. Do one thing, run windows update. it will download the latest updates and then check.

Tried...no go. Is it something to do with screen resolution? My TV natively supports 1360x768, but even after increasing it to 1366x768 the tiles are not opening.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Tried...no go. Is it something to do with screen resolution? My TV natively supports 1360x768, but even after increasing it to 1366x768 the tiles are not opening.
what is your native resolution on your Monitor/Laptop.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
And when it will release ?? After 1 year ??:p

No. Flipkart is apparently selling Windows 8 Pro DVD but as per comments it works on fresh install. Costs 3.5k. They basically register via the upgrade assistant and ship the DVD to themselves. Costs 3k appx so its a neat profit of 500.

If you I want to do the process yourself. You gotta have Windows pre installed in your computer.

Flipkart link *www.flipkart.com/microsoft-windows-8-professional/p/itmdf3njpfk7vbc4?pid=OPSDF3KZYV7AZTRH

arjotsingh

Broken In
Re: Windows 8 Thread.

I installed windows 8 pro 32bit on my laptop which is an year old dell vostro 1550 with win vista and 7 already installed. After installing windows 8, when I started windows, after the boot screen it should show the lock screen but I am being shown a black screen. So I have to press the power button twice to get to the lock screen. Also I am not shown the os selection screen of win 8. Instead I have to make win 7 as my default os for selecting between the three os.

manmeet

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,
I have installed windows 8 on my HP G6 2005-AX, without problem. I went for fresh Install and its pretty easy specially if you go by step-by-step procedure as mentioned here.

Regards
Manmeet

kaz

right here
i have a strange problem when I open one of my drive file explore says not responding and after a while it shows the file there in and after that when I am trying to scroll down it hangs again but after a while everything seems fine. This is happening each time I open my E drive not at all any such problem in other drives or folders. What might be the problem please help me out.

rider

as Kratos
I have upgraded windows 7 home premium 64 bit to windows 8 pro. All apps are working fine except the google chrome. I mean the problem is that chrome gets hangs after loading the half page of website even in google search. I tried reinstalling chrome, flash player and java but nothing is improved. Please help.

*img818.imageshack.us/img818/6835/hangb.png

Top Bottom