The Windows 8 Thread

Tech&ME

Banned
1. To know which apps are running / open in background, move your mouse to the extreme, upper, left corner of the screen until you see a thumbnail of your running app. Right-click on the thumbnail and click Close.

2. To minimize just press window key to reach start menu or window+D to reach desktop

3. To switch between metro apps press window+tab

4. Google before you post

Humm...

I am aware of the Shortcut keys ! But the question is why on earth should I use a shortcut key to do things ?? Why I simply cannot use my mouse instead.

The mouse gestures are not responsive at all, even if I take my mouse pointer towards the left the sidebar or whatever it is called never comes out with the running apps listed.

Its not easy to use with Mouse and Keyboard.

I needn't google for everything like you !! :grin: Or you should have asked Microsoft to include GOOGLE as HELP for Windows 8

Bijesh Amatya

Right off the assembly line
Windows eight Problems

My system Confgriation is as follows
Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 2800 mhz

Motherboard: Foxconn G31 MX, Shoket: LGA 775, Chipset: G31 MX

Ram: Dynet 1024 Mbytes DDRII @533 mhz

Hard Drive: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB

Optical Drive: Sony DVD R/W

Monitor: Viewsonic E40 resoulation of 1024*768

Internet Connection: Ncell Connect 500MB Data plan

Keyboard and Mouse: Ordinary Mulltimedia Keyboard and Mouse

Operating System: Windows Eight consumer Preview 64 Bit

Antivirus: Avast Antivirus

Media Player: Windows Media Player
Vedieo LAN Client 64 Bit version
Office Suit: Microsoft office 2007 Standard
Microsoft Office word 2007
Microsoft office Excel 2007
Microsoft office Power Point 2007

Browser: Google Crome

Problem: Yesterday i purchase a copy of Windows eight Professional. When i try to install the copy of windows Eight Professional from DVD drive following error occurred

"Windows Could not collect information for OSI immage file since the specified Immage file install.wim does not exist" PLS help me

duke123

In the zone
Any one faced 13% update issue...please be warned this issue makes laptop completely useless and a big pain in the ASS..please upgrade to windows 8 with caution until they fix it... even latest laptops with windows 8 facing this and no official solution has yet been published...

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Any one faced 13% update issue...please be warned this issue makes laptop completely useless and a big pain in the ASS..please upgrade to windows 8 with caution until they fix it... even latest laptops with windows 8 facing this and no official solution has yet been published...

What exactly is this issue?

duke123

In the zone
windows 8 stuck on configuring windows update. - Microsoft Community

What exactly is this issue?

the update keeps getting hanged at 13%...even if you hard power off no luck...the advanced system repair tools for microsoft windows 8 keeps failing...only way i could use my laptop was by refreshing it ...but it again started updating bringing back the issue...now i have hard reset and disabled updates..luckily didnt have any important data to be lost..luckily i searched google 13% update issue on windows 8..

this is a serious bug issue from microsoft and HP..the guys at microsoft and HP wasted some more time.the system completely fails..some guys who brought latest laptops with windows 8 found it totally unusable after 2 days WTF

icebags

Technomancer
Re: Windows eight Problems

My system Confgriation is as follows
Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 2800 mhz

Motherboard: Foxconn G31 MX, Shoket: LGA 775, Chipset: G31 MX

Ram: Dynet 1024 Mbytes DDRII @533 mhz

Hard Drive: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB

Optical Drive: Sony DVD R/W

Monitor: Viewsonic E40 resoulation of 1024*768

Internet Connection: Ncell Connect 500MB Data plan

Keyboard and Mouse: Ordinary Mulltimedia Keyboard and Mouse

Operating System: Windows Eight consumer Preview 64 Bit

Antivirus: Avast Antivirus

Media Player: Windows Media Player
Vedieo LAN Client 64 Bit version
Office Suit: Microsoft office 2007 Standard
Microsoft Office word 2007
Microsoft office Excel 2007
Microsoft office Power Point 2007

Browser: Google Crome

Problem: Yesterday i purchase a copy of Windows eight Professional. When i try to install the copy of windows Eight Professional from DVD drive following error occurred

"Windows Could not collect information for OSI immage file since the specified Immage file install.wim does not exist" PLS help me

try installing 32bit win8.

duke123

In the zone
Windows Update stops at 13 percent in Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 - This issue?

yes and no...same issue but for HP laptops...and the early resolution did not work..screwed up two days trying to fix...

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

yes and no...same issue but for HP laptops...and the early resolution did not work..screwed up two days trying to fix...

So is your laptop bricked? or working?

duke123

In the zone
So what is not working then?

only windows 8 is affected...two days i was trying to fix the issue.contacted HP and Microsoft but they wasted some more time....just posted this as a warning as i already mentioned many people who brought new ones are also suffering..

i have hp g6 2005ax... installed windows 8 on 27th so its been 10 days... luckily i have not faced any problem till date. But after reading this i have turned off windows automatic update :p

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
So tell me,if I buy Windows 8 and install it through the Windows upgrade assistant in my Windows 7 Ultimate,will I get an option to install it in another partition and dual boot Windows 7 and windows 8?

icebags

Technomancer
guys use Entropay, its safe. it will cost a little more, but will get the job done. just transfer $20~ Rs 1060 from your debit card to the entropay account. when you create an entropay account you will get a Credit card number, CCV number, expiry date etc, just like a normal CC. you can use this to buy in $, Rs etc. it cost me $13.3 ~Rs 712 to get windows 8 .

P.S:- look at the exchange rate before transferring.

hey, transferring 20/40 $ to entropay deducts ~5% of their processing fee from my bank and fills 20/40$ in entropay card or it deducts 20/40$ from bank and fills (20/40 -5%) amount to entropay card ?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ it fills exactly $20/40, processing fee will be 4.95% of $20/40, so total amount deducted will be $20.99/41.98

Top Bottom