The Windows 8 Thread

duke123

In the zone
HI CAN SOME ONE HELP ME
I opened a entropay account and transferred 10.5 GBP~934.15₹ and purchased windows 8..but now it shows only .72GBP ..it took ~ 870₹ for the upgrade..

what was the mistake i did?

Last edited:

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, it's gone now.

All you have is GBP 0.72 remaining if you want to spend on an app or somewhere.

duke123

In the zone
when you clicked on top-up, didn't you get to choose $20 $50 etc?? or was it chowing in GBP??

not $..it was in GBP 10,20 50GBP..
the statement is yet to be updated...i have sent a mail to give detailed info about transaction but they have not responded yet..

arvendu601

Broken In
exact 700 or 712?

why 712:S
price is 699 INR bro :)

not $..it was in GBP 10,20 50GBP..
the statement is yet to be updated...i have sent a mail to give detailed info about transaction but they have not responded yet..

U paid using credit card gateway or paypal credit card gateway
just call microsoft and talk with about product key and transaction details they will give you key or they will refund
thanks

arvendu601

Broken In
i got mine copy which is 2.01gb and it is not full package but just upgrade package
it means i cant edit partitions

Only for those who bought recently as said by MS and for everyone else its 2k which itself is a great price for licensed copy of Windows.

if you have promo code then u can still get Windows 8 in just 699 Inr
payment gatway credit card,paypal and paypal credit card /guest user

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
its approx Rs 712 if you pay through entropay........

also Win8 really Improves the battery life.......

Seriously?? I am using win 7 on my G6 2005AX and I can harldy get 2.5 hours out of my laptop. How much will I be able to get out of it when I install win 8? By an estimate.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Seriously?? I am using win 7 on my G6 2005AX and I can harldy get 2.5 hours out of my laptop. How much will I be able to get out of it when I install win 8? By an estimate.

well I can't be sure, I'm getting nearly 4hrs from an 80% charge on my laptop, earlier I used to get roughly 3 hrs....... ~40min-55min increase, its on power saver with wifi on.

Neo

if he/she is using it on a pc not tablet, or using it for daily office work or not using any metro apps or stuff
Windows 8 is great even without metro ui
Windows 8 with start8 and without metro ui is a superfast windows 7 :p

What you are saying is, windows8 - metro UI page (or whatever it is called) + Start button = Better than Windows 7 x64 for a desktop?? Huh?? :what:

Why not just use 7 silly.

batman

Broken In
Tried payment with SBI virtual card and it did not accept.Error was coming saying payment info is incorrect

Top Bottom