The Windows 8 Thread

icebags

Technomancer
^^ axis and hdfc works better in international sites. go and open a savings bank account in either of them. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Apparently my Axis card isn't also working. Why I don't know but getting error. No its not a problem of the card. Really fed up now

shar_yogi

Broken In
Their is no auto redial option have to redial manually, very frustrating as mine BSNL connection keeps dropping frequently.

rider

as Kratos
Only for those who bought recently as said by MS and for everyone else its 2k which itself is a great price for licensed copy of Windows.

I know but there if anyone fill the fake date purchase after june 2 2012. :wink: He will get promo code for the discount too. So, whenever microsoft ask for the windows 7 for verfication keys simply put the genuine key of the PC. :mrgreen:
This trick is done by thousands of people and they are perfectly fine with this. In the end of the day you are getting a genuine windows 8 pro for such a low price. :razz:

duke123

In the zone
I know but there if anyone fill the fake date purchase after june 2 2012. :wink: He will get promo code for the discount too. So, whenever microsoft ask for the windows 7 for verfication keys simply put the genuine key of the PC. :mrgreen:
This trick is done by thousands of people and they are perfectly fine with this. In the end of the day you are getting a genuine windows 8 pro for such a low price. :razz:

seems like microsoft doesnt care and because of this thousands of people are paying because of this loop hole they are actually getting much better profits...

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Whatever MS is getting - 699 or 1999 is better than nothing. Win8 pro would cost around 11k after discount is over. Most people have gone the pirate way if this was the price from Day 1. Or would have stayed with Win7. Such low price serves many purposes for MS
1. Stronger market figures.... Increase in market share.... because only licensed copies are counted
2. Better adoption rate... (even better than actual) Suppose 10 people had win7... 5 were pirated.... 4 out of 10 upgraded to win8. The adoption rate will only be calculated in terms og number of win7 licenses sold that is 5. Hence adoption rate for MS becomes 4/5*100 = 80% instead of just 40% which would mean failure of Win8
3. MS wants people to love Metro. Many hate but for those who love will be tempted to buy WP8 phnes

rider

as Kratos
Whatever MS is getting - 699 or 1999 is better than nothing. Win8 pro would cost around 11k after discount is over. Most people have gone the pirate way if this was the price from Day 1. Or would have stayed with Win7. Such low price serves many purposes for MS
1. Stronger market figures.... Increase in market share.... because only licensed copies are counted
2. Better adoption rate... (even better than actual) Suppose 10 people had win7... 5 were pirated.... 4 out of 10 upgraded to win8. The adoption rate will only be calculated in terms og number of win7 licenses sold that is 5. Hence adoption rate for MS becomes 4/5*100 = 80% instead of just 40% which would mean failure of Win8
3. MS wants people to love Metro. Many hate but for those who love will be tempted to buy WP8 phnes

Yes! prashant you are right. Also Microsoft is more focusing in apps, they are not caring about the money from operating system but with apps that people are going to buy from their stores. I will purchase my windows 8 pro with that loop hole next week.

The loophole is no longer working. It asks for genuine key. I tried with many pirated keys as well as my wife's laptop's genuine home basic key which is more than a year old. Nothing worked. :( Only choice is to pay Rs. 1999. I am thinking of letting her stay on 7 right now and will buy her a new PC later with Pro license.

Tech&ME

Banned
The loophole is no longer working. It asks for genuine key. I tried with many pirated keys as well as my wife's laptop's genuine home basic key which is more than a year old. Nothing worked. :( Only choice is to pay Rs. 1999. I am thinking of letting her stay on 7 right now and will buy her a new PC later with Pro license.

Ya its not working anymore !!

Anyway, I am looking for a complete REVIEW of Windows 8 Pro from FORUM MEMBERS. Please someone put up a REVIEW of Windows 8 in the REVIEW section of this forum.

What I have understood till now is:

- Windows 8 has actually TWO OS environment built into ONE. [ which simply means TWO different Apps for the same task, eg: Mail and Windows Live 2012. ]

- The Metro apps are full screen apps and you cannot minimise them.

- You cannot switch between Metro Apps quickly.

- You don't even know which Metro Apps are currently running.

- Windows 7 like desktop environment has MS Office Ribbon in the explorer all over the place.

- Games developers are not impressed by Windows 8 Metro UI.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ try this, its got pretty much everything tomshardware:The Definitive Windows 8 Review And User Guide

and I've been using Win 8 for the past few days, and I have to say, its really good:-D, searching for stuff on your computer is much easier, we can switch between metro app and desktop with a single click.
the task manager has much more info....switching between metro apps is pretty easy for me.....it takes some time to get used to....but once you get the hang of it you'll love it

dan4u

Took Off!!!
it takes a couple of days I believe, it took about 4-5 days for me, in the description it'll show "Purchase of INR699.00 at WINDOWS8 ESD BY ARVATO", I still don't understand why you got GBP and not USD:-?

duke123

In the zone
^^^dont know but the support guy told it doesnt matter...they also have no idea why i was charged 9.28GBP..i am waiting for the statement which is yet to come...

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
A very different yet very logical article about the changes in windows 8. . . And what it means to the future of computing

*www.fonearena.com/tech/general/editorial-windows-rt-is-the-future-heres-why/2824/

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I sure hope that is not true. Time to see if I can switch to linux.
The beauty of windows comes from the fact that it lets users fiddle with pretty intricate things about the system with a UI thats less intimidating than a *nix counterpart (just my opinion). And if they plan to kill it off in the pretext of 'better' control over applications, then we are possibly going to see a pretty bland future. Checked out the preview releases of W8. Its pretty but its only a pretty face. It was worser at power consumption (would like to see some of the W8 users here test that fact out again) Doesnt do all that well on a non-touch screen. I wouldnt say it reduces long term productivity, but its surely not worth its salt as any kind of OS upgrade. Not yet. Might do very well in the tablet category though.

Anyways, I'm staying put with my W7.

kaz

right here
I tried developer's preview months back and few days back I tried release's preview but that got corrupted and didn't boot..Back on my WIN7 HP.
I would have prefered buying Win8 only if I had a touchscreen. Till then I am happy with my NON-METRO looking Laptop :)

Ya its not working anymore !!

Anyway, I am looking for a complete REVIEW of Windows 8 Pro from FORUM MEMBERS. Please someone put up a REVIEW of Windows 8 in the REVIEW section of this forum.

What I have understood till now is:

- Windows 8 has actually TWO OS environment built into ONE. [ which simply means TWO different Apps for the same task, eg: Mail and Windows Live 2012. ]

- The Metro apps are full screen apps and you cannot minimise them.

- You cannot switch between Metro Apps quickly.

- You don't even know which Metro Apps are currently running.

- Windows 7 like desktop environment has MS Office Ribbon in the explorer all over the place.

- Games developers are not impressed by Windows 8 Metro UI.

1. To know which apps are running / open in background, move your mouse to the extreme, upper, left corner of the screen until you see a thumbnail of your running app. Right-click on the thumbnail and click Close.

2. To minimize just press window key to reach start menu or window+D to reach desktop

3. To switch between metro apps press window+tab

4. Google before you post

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos

Noooooooooo!!! :hissyfit:

Top Bottom