The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
Hey RON28,

from where can i get Samsung NP550P5C S05/03 at a best price from a local store.

And also Could you help me here:
correct me if i am wrong - difference between some specs

Display s05 :1366 x 768
s03 : 1600 x 900

Panel s05 :SuperBright 300nit
s03 : NA

HDD RPM s05 :5400
s03 :7200

Also do they both come with sub-woofer?
whether both of them come with blueray optical drive?
which is better among the two?

I enquired locally in Pune @Computer Castle, Aundh
s03- 61K
s05- 59.5k
Anyone from pune who thinks the price is high or could suggest a local dealer who could sell a bit less than the above figure?
err.. You got wrong data there

5h3115h0ck

Right off the assembly line
err.. You got wrong data there

Ok...then s05 has 1600x900 display
got misguided by this Samsung NP550P5C-S03IN vs Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN : Laptops Comparison - Compare India

Ok...then s05 has 1600x900 display
got misguided by this Samsung NP550P5C-S03IN vs Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN : Laptops Comparison - Compare India

Can anyone suggest a laptop model with the same specs as s05 but with FULL HD 1920×1080 resolution apart from Y500???

5h3115h0ck

Apart from Y500, ...... Dell Inspiron 17R Turbo with FHD @ 95k, I think....otherwise get something imported
hey Anupam,

thnx for the reply....the price trade off is so high for s05 vs dell...but is there a noticeable diff betn 1600x900 and full HD?...
...yeah i wished to buy from xoticpc but shipping+customs extra adds up another 25k

hey Anupam,

thnx for the reply....the price trade off is so high for s05 vs dell...but is there a noticeable diff betn 1600x900 and full HD?...
...yeah i wished to buy from xoticpc but shipping+customs extra adds up another 25k

Get S05 if you are tight on budget, its a great laptop as well. OK, to be frank display of my laptop gives better quality compared to S02/03(I think its due to glossy screen vs matte screen in Series 5 which has better outdoor visibilty)

5h3115h0ck

Get S05 if you are tight on budget, its a great laptop as well. OK, to be frank display of my laptop gives better quality compared to S02/03(I think its due to glossy screen vs matte screen in Series 5 which has better outdoor visibilty)

thnx for the info anupam...i am luking fwd to getting it this weekend for 59k as the dealer quoted.... so far have u encountered any heating issue...or any BSOD kind of a thing???

hey Anupam,

one more thing u said Dell Inspiron 17R Turbo is for 95k , but check this out...*www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330880626506......its for 48k.....is this the one u referred???

Samsung took care of heating issues present in S02IN by releasing S03IN. S03IN doesn't have heating issue, so there shouldn't be any problems with S05IN

hey anupam,

For S05 so far have u encountered any heating issue...or any BSOD kind of a thing???

I don't own S05IN. ....

KyleSforza

Banned

I do agree with the matte vs glossy part. Other laptops give glossy images due to the glass like display, ours is kinda rough glass o_O aka Matte, it gives clearer, but less glossy output. The ability to use it outside pays off for that, as you can use it in car, or anywhere without any problems.

Tight budget? what? The difference is only 5k dude. I don't think anyone who can spend 50k+ would bother spending an extra 10 or even 20k if the other product seems better.

My friend wants to buy lappy this suday, max budget 55k any suggestions??

Add just 2k to that and you can probably get a S05 ;) , if you can find a dealer, I know one in Delhi.

Gtb93

In the zone
Tight budget? what? The difference is only 5k dude. I don't think anyone who can spend 50k+ would bother spending an extra 10 or even 20k if the other product seems better.

2376555-meme_are_you_kidding_me.png
.__.

Last edited:
Top Bottom