The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

Tejo

Broken In
btw guys, I want to have linux in my S05....tried to install ubuntu but it wouldn't boot up with ubuntu...says some file is missing...searched for this in internet, but they say we have something like UEFI and so we can't have linux....Is it so...??

neatearth

Right off the assembly line
My Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN can play all type of games without over heating and throttling issues. This is by far the best multimedia laptop in sub 65k category. I wish it comes with backlit key board. Mine is a month old and I hardly put it off(May be 6 or 7 times max)

Gam3boy

Broken In
hey everyone i am in serious trouble, my budget max 65k so i got 2 option Samsung S05 or Lenovo y500.But lenovo is having many defect(keyboard,touchpad) i cant send my laptop to service center after buying it.i searched local store & S05 is priced 62k but unfortunately its out of stock the seller is suggesting me S04 with i5 6g ddr3 ram in 52k.So please tell me what should i do.Can any one tell me how much Fps will drop in games compared to i7.

sandy2kr12

Broken In
GUYS PLZ HELP.when i set the mobile AP in wireless network..my mobile connects to the wifi network but fails to open any website pages..why is this happening..is there any alternative way to turn my laptop into hotspot ?

death_syndicate

Broken In
GUYS PLZ HELP.when i set the mobile AP in wireless network..my mobile connects to the wifi network but fails to open any website pages..why is this happening..is there any alternative way to turn my laptop into hotspot ?

here a way to set up access point.

open up command prompt

type "netsh wlan set hosted network mode=allow ssid=your access point name key=password keyUsage=persistent"

this will give u confirmation the the hosted network has been set.

now type "netsh wlan start hosted network"

It says hosted network started.

when u r done with it type "netsh wlan stop hosted network"

sanemate

Broken In
Latest update : Y500 with 14th March manufacturing date are in stock. Call dealers and get one if interested. Comes with Synaptics. A friend got his from Pune. I ordered one today.

TweaknFreak

Right off the assembly line
Hello guyz! I'm having a S04. Can anybody tell me how to make recovery disks using the factory image in 4-5 DVDs ?? The copied factory image consists of the following files :-

☻init.w01 3.91 GB
☻init.w02 3.94 GB
☻init.w03 2.20 GB
☻init.wcl 3.93 GB
☻init.woo 1 KB
☻WinClonlnit.srs 1 KB
☻Preview - a folder with some images of app icons

Now while copying the factory image by the Samsung Recovery App there was no option for creating a bootable recovery disk. But that option is clearly visible in the Help manual screenshots .So lease tell me guyz what to do???

Gam3boy

Broken In
i recently installed 314.22 driver for 650m & now i am getting ( You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU) ????? What is that error & how to solve it....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
i recently installed 314.22 driver for 650m & now i am getting ( You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU) ????? What is that error & how to solve it....
That's why one should use drivers from manufacturers website.

Download the drivers from Samsung's site and install them. Everything should work fine then.

arka

Broken In
Does the s04 keys make marks on the screen ? what about the sensitivity of the trackpad ? does it register the finger movements correctly ?

Gam3boy

Broken In
Does the s04 keys make marks on the screen ? what about the sensitivity of the trackpad ? does it register the finger movements correctly ?

It doesn't make any mark in the screen. overall track pad is OK not that much great.that is the only con.

arka

Broken In
It doesn't make any mark in the screen. overall track pad is OK not that much great.that is the only con.

thanks bro, is it comfortable enough to do normal work ( like any other mid range lappy ) ? how is the keyboard ? is it comfortable enough to type for a long period ? I am going to do programming .

does this laptop come with os dvd ?

Last edited:

Gam3boy

Broken In
thanks bro, is it comfortable enough to do normal work ( like any other mid range lappy ) ? how is the keyboard ? is it comfortable enough to type for a long period ? I am going to do programming .

does this laptop come with os dvd ?

Everything else is perfect keyboard etc.It doesn't come with os dvd

arka

Broken In
If it doesn't come with an oem win 8 DVD , then how should we reinstall os to remove the trial softwares...

If it doesn't come with an oem win 8 DVD , then how should we reinstall os to remove the trial softwares...

Top Bottom