The Samsung Galaxy Y Thread

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Guys, Can anyone tell me which maps to use for offline AGPS usage ?

Heard of Cygic, Will the full version work without rooting Samsung Galaxy Y ?

I'm using Sygic and its working fine without any issue from last 2 month.

bubusam13

Human
flipkart giving 8Gb card with this mobile? barebone price should be 6.8-7k. 7k locally.

I searched most stores at Guwahati. All demanding 7.5-7.6k. The cheapest store is Samsung store at Dona Planet offering it at 7.2 K. Do you know any other places where I can find it below 7k ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I searched most stores at Guwahati. All demanding 7.5-7.6k. The cheapest store is Samsung store at Dona Planet offering it at 7.2 K. Do you know any other places where I can find it below 7k ?

go to Ganeshguri. opposite side of the bridge (near fish market). just when the flyover ends, check the right side. there is a electronic store with banners of HTC, Blackberry, Nokia, Samsung & all major mobile brands. i got my mobile from there at 11.2k whereas others shops were quoting 12k+ price tag. visited same shop today with a friend inquiring about Xperia Mini. they said price is 14.5k. still i feel the price is low compared to other local shops.

bubusam13

Human
go to Ganeshguri. opposite side of the bridge (near fish market). just when the flyover ends, check the right side. there is a electronic store with banners of HTC, Blackberry, Nokia, Samsung & all major mobile brands. i got my mobile from there at 11.2k whereas others shops were quoting 12k+ price tag. visited same shop today with a friend inquiring about Xperia Mini. they said price is 14.5k. still i feel the price is low compared to other local shops.

Gone today. I Inquired about 3 phones.
>Samsung Galaxy Y : 7.8k. As I told before Samsung Store at Dona Planet is the cheapest. They demanded 7.2 K for it.

>LG Optimus One : They dont have it at present. They have only Optimus ME for 7.4K. Hell lot of price for Me. I also asked about Optimus Net. They replied that it will cost 10.2 K

> Dell XCD35 : They dont deal with Dell

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
same as online. flipkart selling Galaxy Y for 7.7-7.8k. if you are going for Y, get it before stock runs out at dona planet too.

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Wow price is going up and up. The day I brought it from ebay on discount it was for 6200 I saw snapdeal price it was 6299 now I see everywhere price is up. Snapdeal even selling it for 7000+

bubusam13

Human
yup, price increasing. Samsung's official price(as seen in TV add) is 7.8k

@sam... I want something with a qwerty keyboard. I would prefer a slider keyboard as in milestone or E7. So waiting and increasing my budget. ha ha.

I also felt that at present I need a tablet most then phone. Pre-booked akash tablet long ago but no news from Datawind till now. So thinking of purchasing some cheap chinese at 4K from eBay. Even if it last 4 months, it will be enough for me coz I want it for reading objective type questions on bed before going to sleep as a book. :p

Found one for 4.3K with 1GHz procy, 512 RAM and a 0.3 MP camera... ha ha

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam... I want something with a qwerty keyboard. I would prefer a slider keyboard as in milestone or E7. So waiting and increasing my budget. ha ha.

US got a lot of Android mobiles with slideout QWERTY. here, almost none.

I also felt that at present I need a tablet most then phone. Pre-booked akash tablet long ago but no news from Datawind till now. So thinking of purchasing some cheap chinese at 4K from eBay. Even if it last 4 months, it will be enough for me coz I want it for reading objective type questions on bed before going to sleep as a book. :p

Found one for 4.3K with 1GHz procy, 512 RAM and a 0.3 MP camera... ha ha

which one? link please.

bubusam13

Human
*www.ebay.in/itm/220924232572?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649\

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYLjEPYv9Rg&feature=youtu.be

Its enough for reading ebooks and sleeping on it... haha. its 256 MB. 512 MB listing ended. Rest 512 MBs are 5K+

Can you tell me some phone names with slider keyboard so that I can ask some of my frends in US to get one for me if possible ?

Last edited:

Ridwan Shafi

Life.Gadgets.Awesomeness
help me I am unable to use Chainfire 3D on my galaxy Y...I have even rooted the phone but it still shows unable to extract zip...Plz Help

Already a thread for this.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/148732-samsung-galaxy-y-thread.html

Please continue your discussions there. Merging....

Top Bottom