The Samsung Galaxy Y Thread

andro

Broken In
"Use the Android task manager to kill off unwanted apps."
Never do that in android 2.2 and above,doing this kills more battery.Android has a very optimised way of handling processes so its a waste.

manoj_299

Out of Stock
I do use multitasking always so killing task every time and start it again is a waste of time. I'm just habituated with multitasking.

CHETAN.L

Right off the assembly line
hi, am thinking of buying this phone before that i have cetain queries regarding this phone i hope u all will help me out in this .....
my daily usage is like this
1 hour facebook
30 odd min listening to music
30 min on call
so how much batter back up i can expect from this samsung galaxy y mobile?
what is the downloading speed in 2g network?
pls rly to my post
thanking you.............

dissel

Cyborg Agent
"Use the Android task manager to kill off unwanted apps."
Never do that in android 2.2 and above,doing this kills more battery.Android has a very optimised way of handling processes so its a waste.

Got the phone this week,

I'm using Advance Task Manager with Auto Kill,Regular Kill, Kill Notice Enable, Is it bad for phone's battery health ?

As well using Battery Solo widget, Is that bad too ?

I don't use any widget which need to fetch info from the Internet which are battery eater I believe (correct me),as well phone's data connection is off and network mode is GSM and background account sync is off,other communication stuff is also off (BT/WiFI/GPS).Screen Brightness control via Power control widget.

Hope I'm in the right path to saving battery.

Anything else pls let me know,Noob here in Andriod.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Anyone tried to upgrade the firmware via Kiss, there is already one available....
Tried by myself but it stuck in the middle when my phone screen says "Downloading......Do not Turn of the Target", thought the phone got bricked, but later removing the battery and re-install phone successfully boot up.

Thank God.....

Below the screen shot of the firmware, If any one got success please post here.

manoj_299

Out of Stock
I tried few days ago 3x times over wifi always done with downloading firmware but during installation and after restart it says couldn't upgrade firmware please try over KIES or visit service centre. Then I didn't try yet on KIES. Thanks for your info. I think there is problem south this upgrade routh everyone. Lets see what is result of others. Maybe needed to visit service center.

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Brought Samsung 8GB class 6 MicroSD for my Galaxy Y from ebay @447 after 10% discount. Now, here is the speedtest result.

*img593.imageshack.us/img593/3862/sc20111214095646.png

Impressive result :)

rajeevk

Journeyman
I tried few days ago 3x times over wifi always done with downloading firmware but during installation and after restart it says couldn't upgrade firmware please try over KIES or visit service centre. Then I didn't try yet on KIES. Thanks for your info. I think there is problem south this upgrade routh everyone. Lets see what is result of others. Maybe needed to visit service center.

I have got the same problem. First my phone said update failed try with Kies but now it says no update available. I don't know it was updated or not.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
^^^Thanks for the confirmation guys, Thought I got a defective piece....It seems problem lies on the KIES itself.

Anyhow I'm thankful to Samsung (or Andriod ?) that my phone not bricked and I'm able to use it as normal as earlier.

andro

Broken In
Try ODIN to update the firmware,search XDA for more details.KIES is a piece of crap released by samsung.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Guys, what will be a good price for this phone now? Letsbuy and flipkart listing it @7350. Flipkart is giving 8 gb card.

will the small size of screen be too much of a problem? how are touch controls?

PraKs

Youngling
Guys, Can anyone tell me which maps to use for offline AGPS usage ?

Heard of Cygic, Will the full version work without rooting Samsung Galaxy Y ?

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Hey Guys,

Galaxy Y is selling for 5k INR in my locality after New Year Discounts (in Poorvika Mobiles). Does this offer exist in your city too?
I think Galaxy Y for 5k is great deal. What about you?

Top Bottom