The Samsung Galaxy Y Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: samsung galaxy y

how is the gaming performance. cause AFAIK it skips GPU & hence the processor have to do all sort of rendering. angry birds may lag but what about other physics heavy games?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

can you test quadrant or Neocore. this should at least provide some idea about its graphics engine.

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Not bad. Very clear image.:grin:

Ya, image quality is good. I went to my friend engagement last week and had good shot of indore image. Some people was so convince with image quality that they didn't shoot from their mobile but just take my shot via bluetooth.

papul1993

not a newbie.....
I tried it before I bought the Sony Ericsson Xperia mini. The display isn't good and there is no gpu. Text which is small in size looks very bad.

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Then ultimately Galaxy y is the best choice. I think cheapest best Android phone. Though Micromax has A60@4500/- only but u galaxy has better processor n RAM + 2.3.5 Gingerbread whereas A60 has 2.1 Eclair and also not upgradable yet.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

main reason why this mobile scored 40+ in neocore was cause of the GPU it uses. Broadcom Videocore IV. videocore III was used in Nokia N8. this GPU got the potential & i guess unlocked (custom rom, overclocked) Galaxy Y may touch 60FPS in neocore.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

but Optimus One scores 75-76 Neocore (800Mhz overclock, new kernel) also it have a higher resolution :smile:

galaxy y best buy at at 7k or less. above it, O1 or XCD35.

merging this with my prev galaxy Y thread so that galaxy Y owners have ONE place to talk about this phone...

I bought one for Rs. 7000 at a local retailer. Pretty awesome especially since I upgraded from a bunch of Nokia S40 5th and 6th edition feature phones.

Problem is the phone does not seem to have attracted as much attention as it deserves as far as developers and accessories are concerned. Being the cheapest usable Android I've not seen any custom rom work happening for this phone. Nor have I till now been able to find a leather flip case for it anywhere :(

but Optimus One scores 75-76 Neocore (800Mhz overclock, new kernel) also it have a higher resolution :smile:

Optimus One and 800MHz ??? I think you are talking about Optimus Net here...

BTW didn't the Optimus One have some issues with dust or something like that which I heard floating around the internet ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Problem is the phone does not seem to have attracted as much attention as it deserves as far as developers and accessories are concerned. Being the cheapest usable Android I've not seen any custom rom work happening for this phone. Nor have I till now been able to find a leather flip case for it anywhere :(

it'll slowly get DEV support. once released in most countries. only problem i see with it is, it uses broadcomm processor whereas the majority of entrylevel android uses Qualcomm processor (MSM7227 to be precise). so porting rom is really really easy. with different processor & different GPU, devs may need to start from groundup for this mobile.

just keep your fingers crossed that at least someone brings cyanogenmod to it. i feel its processor can be clocked to 1Ghz :grin:

Optimus One and 800MHz ??? I think you are talking about Optimus Net here...

BTW didn't the Optimus One have some issues with dust or something like that which I heard floating around the internet ??

i run my mobile ar 768Mhz clocked :grin: some run at 806Mhz. i get kernel panic at higher speed.

yes. 2010 ver had a ton of problems (dust, lag, etc). 2011 ver was fixed. it received at least 4-5 updates for froyo just to fix those nasty problems.

kbar1

Journeyman

Optimus one's successor released - optimus net. 800 mhz, 512 mb ram. Price 10k.

Top Bottom