The RMA Experience Thread

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Ok, got my 2TB WD Green back from Bangalore in like 6 days after shipping it. What a fast RMA. Damn impressed.
:)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, they are damn fast. Hopefully, they would continue will the same zeal in future too.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
UPDATE: got a call from courier company that my hard dive has arrived. they said they'll deliver today but no more calls. maybe tomorrow else will need to collect personally.

this was a fast RMA. 7days :grin:

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Product-Asus P7P55D-EVO

Distributor cum Service center-Rashi, Nehru Place, Delhi

Date of RMA-26th NoV 2011

Receive Date of the product- 24 Dec 2011

About their service -
Service is very poor. They start considering your problem after 20-30 calls.
It took around 1 month for just an RMA of Asus Motherboard which was only 10 months old.
They keep telling me "sir product is not available with us kindly take a credit note of Rs 6k-7k" and that too for a motherboard of around 11k.
Bt i was not willing to take such a low amount for a high end mobo.
They also gave me repaired mobo on 15th december i think. But just after checking i realised this mobo is also not working. So again i sent a mobo.
I kept calling Kamal from Rashi about RMA of my mobo And he was full of excuses.
And after lil-bit of abusing and all. I got my mobo. Working fine now.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Defective Product-Logitech Clear-chat Premium Headset
Purchased From-Saboo Computers, Gariahat
Distributor cum Service center- Neoteric Information Ltd.
Magazine Floor
6, Ganesh Chandra Avenue
Kolkata-700013
Phone number-32969268/22346386

Location-Kolkata(West Bengal)

Date of RMA-18th November, 2011
Received Product-Logitech H250
Receive Date of the product- 10th December, 2011

About their service-They provide top notch service to their customer.I submitted the headset through Saboo Computers, Gariahat on 18th November.Few days after I contacted the shop , they said that Logitech has totally stopped manufacturing Clearchat series headset.And they will provide the replacement pcs from new series.But I didn't expected they will provide Logitech H250 as a replacement, because H250 costs way higher that the previous headset.
Logitech Clear chat Premium headset-Rs 620/-
Logitech H250-Rs 919/-:))

*i.imgur.com/oMfAB.jpg

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
UPDATE: got a call from courier company that my hard dive has arrived. they said they'll deliver today but no more calls. maybe tomorrow else will need to collect personally.

this was a fast RMA. 7days :grin:

Else call Bangalore WD and get the courier details, and chase down the delivery.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
will wait till tomorrow afternoon. if they make me wait further, will call them up. i have the number of the courier guy who called me first time to ask about the address.

brought my hard drive from the courier center.

JEALOUSY WARNING: check at your own risk :grin:
went to courier center & brought the HDD which came in a small box.
opened it:
*i43.tinypic.com/dvm4bl.jpg

pulled out the HDD which was mounted on 2 piece of thermocol.
*i43.tinypic.com/2nr37tz.jpg

removed thermocol. WAIT....... its a 1Tb HDD !!! old one was 500Gb.
*i40.tinypic.com/6p1bm1.jpg

cut open the anti-static package & the next surprise awaits me. its not a Green as the faulty one. its BLACK.
*i43.tinypic.com/hs3s54.jpg
all in all a superb RMA. delighted 2nd time in a row. first one was a better motherboard :p

Defective Product: Western Digital Green 500Gb
Purchased From: SMC International
Distributor cum Service center: Flextronics Technologies Pvt Ltd, Bangalore
Date of RMA: 19th December 2011
Received Product:Western Digital 1Tb BLACK (Sata3 i think)
Receive Date of the product: 27th december 2011

About their service: just 1 word. superb. 1Tb BLACK cost 7.3k (SMC price) whereas 500Gb GREEN costed me a mere 1.9k (current pricing is ~4.5k)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently, they have run out of Green drives. ;)

Enjoy free speed and good luck.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yes, very lucky indeed.
I would like to exchange mine 500GB Blue with your new 1TB Black if you dont mind. :D :D
BTW is the warranty still the same or has it increased. AFAIK Blacks have 5yrs warranty.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Apparently, they have run out of Green drives. ;)

Enjoy free speed and good luck.

@Sam, you are damn lucky

Wow really lucky dude :) njoy

Yes, very lucky indeed.

thanks. this one was pure unexpected. 1Tb & that also black for an extremely slow 500Gb. will test it after i get my PSU fixed which i'll take for RMA tomorrow.

I would like to exchange mine 500GB Blue with your new 1TB Black if you dont mind. :D :D

good idea but apparently i am running quite low on space so next time ;-)

BTW is the warranty still the same or has it increased. AFAIK Blacks have 5yrs warranty.

thanks for reminding. just now check & it says this: 12/27/2016 :p

saswat23

Human Spambot
@ Sam,
You not only get 1TB HDD but that too a Black Drive. And again that was not sufficient, you also get 5yrs more warranty.
Seeing this I am thinking to send my drive for RMA to get one like you. :D :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Top Bottom