The RMA Experience Thread

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Share your RMA experiences with different companies here so that we can have a good idea about each and every company's service.

rgsilent

Broken In
Had to get my seagate ide hdd RMA'd from accel frontline. seagate's website mentioned nothing about accel handling it. instead it had a companies name whom i mailed asking about the rma process. they gave me accel's details and stuff. pretty confusing at first having to register on their site for seagate products and stuff.

had to wait for an hour or so when i went there to submit my drive. took them like 25days to replace it saying that there were some problems via text. went back when i got the text it was ready. took them two hours to give me the drive even though it was there as their servers were down. got the exact drive back and is working fine now.

all in all...i was annoyed. plus the place was far away from my place.

EDIT: In Mumbai. To be specific accel's andheri branch. Was done about two months ago.

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
...It would also be nice people can mention the date of RMA and location as well and it shouldn't be hard as usually people get challan with it. There's no point in talking about a year old problem or so as we have service centres either improving in a month's time OR going the opposite way. If not, then there's really not much weight in this thread and some people will fill it up with good old fashion product bashing.

Gollum

Collector
My bro tried to get my lg monitor fixed for backlight bleeding. Went to lg authorised seevice center and what a surprize! They didnt know what was meant by backlight bleeding.
The guy said,"sir yeh to firsy class chal raha hai, phir bhi kuch kharab hoga toh uska payment karna padega". What the heck does warranty mean If you have to pay for a manufacturing defect.
Bought this monitor in karnataka. Now in Jammu and gave it for service in Jammu. I'm in karnataka btw and my bro brought the lcd back fearing that the service center guy would try to trick us.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Give full details of where/to whom you went. We don't want to make this a normal ranting thread.

vwad

In the zone
Please rename this thread to "Whats Your Rashi ? : the RMA experience thread"

That is the least we can do to honor the most awesome company on earth when it comes to RMAing :mad: :rolleyes: :D

(Ref. topgear's thread and recent developments in it. :mad:)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I once fried my friend's 9600gt by overclocking it. And, we went and gave it back to vendor that it is not working. He got it replaced with in 10 days. Good vendor, IMO. He replaced it even after we violated Terms by overclocking it. But I assume every one's RMA issues weren't this silky smooth.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
My RMA experience is not that good.
Blew my XFX 630i bios with a wrong flash, then gave it to the local dealer for RMA, he said 2 weeks-2weeks-....., but eventually i got a brand new mobo after 45 days. I had no bills/box for the mobo, the dealer was friendly so he helped me out.

Still not bad got a new mobo for free :)

BTW i am from assam

itzmydamnlyf

Broken In
Well i would like to share my rma experience with 3 service centres:

1. My 500gb seagate hdd wasn't getting detected, so gave it for rma at "accel frontline", guwahati around 1st September, 2010. They said they will take around 4-5 days for the rma process. Neways i went there around 7th September. They told me its been sent from the kolkata centre and should reach me in 2-3 days time. Guess what, the hdd eventually reached me in the first week of October. I am very dissapointed at their service.

2. around the same time my zotac gpu went kaput. I took the card to "aditya infotech", nehru place, delhi. they took the card, examined it well and told me come back after a week. Later when i went there, they gave me a new card, no questioned asked. The only problem is that the rma process and request is only entertained between 3-5 pm.

3. Now this is a very recent issue. The bios of my Gigabyte EP31 DS3L got corrupted in the first week of October, 2010, so i send it for RMA at "Digilink", Guwahati. Firstly they refused to rma it saying it was out of warranty wheres the board was bought on jan,2009. I told them its possible to find the week of manufacture by using the serial no. they said they will look into it. after 4-5 calls and intervention from the rma manager, Mr. Rahul Kumar Shinde did my motherboard go for rma They fixed the bios and send it back to me after a MONTH time. When i got the mobo, it was completely dead. I called up the digilink people and they said they will give me a replacement board. The replacement board they suggested is G31 mobo which i think is not fair. They screw up my board and now they are insisting on me taking the G31. I simply don't know how to deal with these people.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Product-Logitech X210 2.1 Speaker

Distributor cum Service center-Neotric Information Ltd.
Magazine Floor
6, Ganesh Chandra Avenue
Kolkata-700013
Phone number-32969268/22346386
Location-Kolkata(West Bengal)

Date of RMA-25th January 2010

Receive Date of the product
- 6th February 2010

About their service-They provide top notch service to their customer.They received the product and told me they will contact me after 10-15 days and yes after 11 days they called me to take the product.Yes they provide excellent service.
Rashi should learn from them how to behave with their customers.:argue::flamewar::chucks::enforcer::fencing::machinegun::sniper::newgun::bandanafighter::stamp::fc_bat:

Last edited:

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
hey i happen to purchase a ZOTAC GTX 275 amp edition from lamington abt sept 2009 and happen to have problems with display on 12th nov 2010 i gave my card for replacement on the same day to aditya infotech,andheri(w)-mumbai.
Within 1 weeks time i recieved a call that my card production has stopped and would take time to find the same card so they offered me a replacement option for GTX 295 and GTX 460 1Gb so i opted for GTX 460 1GB . i received the new card 2days later i.e on 20th nov'10 with all the bundled accessories
jst love their service

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Congrats !

That's just great. Every manufacturer and distributor should learn from this.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
hey i happen to purchase a ZOTAC GTX 275 amp edition from lamington abt sept 2009 and happen to have problems with display on 12th nov 2010 i gave my card for replacement on the same day to aditya infotech,andheri(w)-mumbai.
Within 1 weeks time i recieved a call that my card production has stopped and would take time to find the same card so they offered me a replacement option for GTX 295 and GTX 460 1Gb so i opted for GTX 460 1GB . i received the new card 2days later i.e on 20th nov'10 with all the bundled accessories
jst love their service

OMG, you got GTX 460 against GTS 295, thats awesome
Congrats

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think he had GTX 275 and he got GTX 460 as the replacement though his post contains GTX 275 and GTX 295 both anyway.

Top Bottom