The RMA Experience Thread

saswat23

Human Spambot
I came across many reviews in this forum against WD's RMA. But this link here proves that they have better RMA service than Seagate.
Western Digital vs. Seagate RMA Showdown - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
AOC RMA is top notch.. My AOC F22 monitor showed a green vertical line this year in January.. I called their toll free number.. They sent a guy after 2 days.. That's awesome because I live in Himachal, far away from metros.. He diagnosed the problem & then another guy came with a new LCD panel after 4 days.. that's it.. no questions asked.. The only thing they asked me over the phone was whether I was using the monitor at home or at office..

Here's another one.. My cousin had this XFX 7600 GT.. it went kaput after 2 years of service due to electricity malfunction.. He sent it back to Rashi, they sent him XFX 8800 GT because 7600 GT wasn't available & 8600 GT was of 256 MB..

d3p

PowerHouse
My GF's dell inspiron charger got burnt on the 11th month, soon she called them they replaced the charger immediately by sending a new one with in a day.

tkin

Back to school!!
8800gt in place of 7600gt - Rashi's service varies wildly. :shock:
Yes, in Chennai they are beyond good, better than msi, gigabyte or any other, in kolkata its just the opposite.
Sweet to live in chennai and buy asus stuff :grin:

I envy Megamind.

I came across many reviews in this forum against WD's RMA. But this link here proves that they have better RMA service than Seagate.
Western Digital vs. Seagate RMA Showdown - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
That's USA.

We are living in India.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, in Chennai they are beyond good, better than msi, gigabyte or any other, in kolkata its just the opposite.
Sweet to live in chennai and buy asus stuff :grin:

I envy Megamind.

This one is in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh. Even in Patna they are pretty customer friendly. How come it's so bad in Kolkata? Don't they care about their business?

tkin

Back to school!!
This one is in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh. Even in Patna they are pretty customer friendly. How come it's so bad in Kolkata? Don't they care about their business?
Hey skud, just asking a question, if my board ever needs rma(god forbid) I'll come to patna, and stay at your house and do the rma, please?? :grin: :-D

And yes, they suck in kolkata, and they do it intentionally, one day I will take some antisocials with me and fck their place up so good.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are absolutely welcome buddy. :)

And regarding the second line, well, you don't even need antisocials, there are enough sufferers who would love to do it voluntarily. :))

tkin

Back to school!!

And regarding the second line, well, you don't even need antisocials, there are enough sufferers who would love to do it voluntarily. :))
Thanks.

And we are nerds, we are not good at fighting, but I have a few friends who can do some damage, for a bottle of good scotch ;-) :grin:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
True. Have you sent the email to Asus? I think its important for them to know the reality.

OT: Are Sapphire motherboards available in India?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
AOC RMA is top notch.. My AOC F22 monitor showed a green vertical line this year in January.. I called their toll free number.. They sent a guy after 2 days.. That's awesome because I live in Himachal, far away from metros.. He diagnosed the problem & then another guy came with a new LCD panel after 4 days.. that's it.. no questions asked.. The only thing they asked me over the phone was whether I was using the monitor at home or at office..

Here's another one.. My cousin had this XFX 7600 GT.. it went kaput after 2 years of service due to electricity malfunction.. He sent it back to Rashi, they sent him XFX 8800 GT because 7600 GT wasn't available & 8600 GT was of 256 MB..

great and this way every company should provide it's after sales service.

yep, that's very true ;-)

After that incident :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-r...ating-xfx-graphic-card-warranty-resolved.html

I've replaced that 8600GT 4 times so far - they are giving new box packed 8600GT every time and If I ask them to give me some other card ( even if I'm willing to pay ) they are saying they have 8600GT in stock so they can't give me any other card - damn! looks like all the 8600GT can be found on only one location in the earth ;-)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@Topgear.. You need to pressurize your dealer as well.. I've a very good relationship with my dealer here.. I've bought around 4 computers for my home & around 6-7 for my cousins & around 10 laptops for my friends.. They all give him my reference & I do call him when they go to his shop.. Maybe, that was the reason behind 7600 GT's transformation into 8800 GT.. In fact, let me tell you one more..

In the old days, My childhood buddy bought this board, ASUS A8N VM-CSM along with AMD Athlon 3500+ (single core).. We burnt it while overclocking. No one gives warranty on overclocked products. We went to our dealer and said that this is not working, he shipped them back to Rashi & he got a new board & new processor after a month..

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that's really great to know.

I've bought this 8600GT form a shop which is well known as the outlet of Rashi Peripheral and rest you can figure out very easily - they don't give much importance to the customers and I'm not a very frequent buyer ( only bought one product so far ) of that shop either - so first time my elder bro made them have a talk with Rashi service center people and replace the 8600GT for the first time and as long as you get your product replaced they really don't care much about if you are satisfied or not as long as they can cheat with more and more people ;-)

insaneYLN

In the zone
I feel it is imperative that a list of Customer Care Service toll free numbers of various tech companies/firms be made by any member. It can be used as a reference & hence could be made a sticky.

Just a thought.. :chinscratch:

virajkin

Journeyman
WD RMA is very good. My 3Yr OLD 80 GB HDD gone bad. Filled the RMA request. Next day WD express courier person took the HDD. 4 Days later they sent me a WD Cavier SE 250GB hDD. i think this is pretty fast
I always had good experience with WD RMA
Transcend RMA is horrible. 5 moths passed and they have not replaced my 4GB pen drive

virajkin

Journeyman
WD Support / Warranty Services / Warranty Services for End User Customers
On this link u can check the warranty of the HDD and fill the RMA form (Select standard replacement INDIA)
The courier company will contact you and take the faulty HDD. Once WD receives that, they will immediately send the replacement on your address via courier
You don't have to pay any fees/money
BTW i am from Panaji Goa

Top Bottom