The Photography Thread

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Unfortunately moon isn't visible today in Delhi. I hope , tomorrow I get a shot at it.
So for all remotely located objects , focus @infinity. Right ??
1. The best in the lot :thumbs: But I don't see the point of using f/10. Shot @ ISO 6400 :shock:!!!
2. Not that good. Cropped of their feet. :(
3. Not at all appealing
4. ditto
5. Second best. :)
6. Not a keeper
7. ditto
8. ditto
9. :blink:
My first bird Shot.
10. Not good.

Not just in Delhi, you won't get to see the moon for another two or three days. Today is new moon day, you can shoot a full moon in two weeks. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] ...keep trying...I loved the shot of 3 parrots looking togather...superb moment ...if tiger could look at you then it will be called good shot

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
The light on the first shot is beautiful (there is some amount of rim lighting which separates the tiger from the background).

The 5th shot (parrots) is an amazingly timed moment, great stuff

When you do shoot the moon try to take a couple of pictures when the moon isn't full, you'll be able to capture more details on it's surface

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
[MENTION=84261]abhidev[/MENTION] - Nice garden pic. How do find a garden with no people !!! This is one big challenge for me, there is always some person somewhere in my such landscape shots.
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] - Nice pics. I like 1, 3 & the last one.

abhidev

Human Spambot
[MENTION=154968]Gen.Libeb[/MENTION] yeaa...its challenging but you need to have patience....the trick I use is if there are people around and you want a clear shot just stand there for sometime with your camera ready position or simply just request them to move aside :p ...well this doesn't work all the time if its crowded. :D

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] the 3 parrots shot is nice :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
I give up on two drop splash shot ...tried really hard....3days...lots of reading :reading: ..lots of setups...lightning n all ...but could not even get a single twin drop collision :duh2:

Just posting my usual drop shots

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7448/13504455814_1c7513ff97_z.jpg

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3691/13504117665_6df344eb92_z.jpg

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7104/13504118515_910de17e65_z.jpg

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3705/13504120315_3e36485a38_z.jpg

and some birds

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3798/13504173635_a62704c709_b.jpg

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3711/13504170735_67d6d9beff_z.jpg

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7412/13504260563_f34f59ac4a_z.jpg
I know last one is not very sharp but I caught him this way is nice itself...its a very quick birds ;)

abhidev

Human Spambot
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] the 3rd and 4th drop shots are good :)

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7180/13160161245_8cea9e3ca5_b.jpg

Hrishi

Thank you for your feedback guys.
I don't know much about aperture control yet. Right now I am trying to focus on learning "Manual Focus".
I went there are dusk , so was in hurry as the park was about to get closed . :p
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] , the last pic is very good. Feels funny to me . :)
BTW , you have a 500mm lens , right ??

The Droplets shots are good , it could have been better in appeal if there were more droplets.
I will also try these droplets shots .

- - - Updated - - -

The light on the first shot is beautiful (there is some amount of rim lighting which separates the tiger from the background).

The 5th shot (parrots) is an amazingly timed moment, great stuff

When you do shoot the moon try to take a couple of pictures when the moon isn't full, you'll be able to capture more details on it's surface
Thanks.
Last night , I was trying to capture Stars as there was no moon. Had a hard time getting anything in the Camera , except the pole star , and one or two more. I guess , the pollution in the city is to be blamed along with my in-experience.
Was using a tripod.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks abhidev and rishi

Thanks nac... Maybe u are expecting too much from me... Yesterday I tried birding with my d3100 and could not take one good shot..it feels soo slow..and unresponsive now

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] - Great drop shots. They are as good as they can get, Not sure why last time you said they were not awesome.
The 2nd last bird (Pigeon ?) is super. Don't really like the 1st one & the last one is decent.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Rishi, I guess with an APSC sensor, you could get some stars.
Try deepskystacker. Follow the instruction. They pretty much explain everything... But it's a time consuming process. Only people who so much interest or little crazy :crazy:can do ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks nac... Maybe u are expecting too much from me... Yesterday I tried birding with my d3100 and could not take one good shot..it feels soo slow..and unresponsive now
Yeah, even I have thought about that. When people finding them good, I get to think about that. :)
Once you're used with the different body, you're not backward compatible :rofl:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I've not done this much before. The view isn't that great but here's an HDR attempt in Garden with 3 photos.

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7209/13508891885_b956ac47c2_b.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
@gen ..I know the drops are good...but I could shoot this drop even two years back ....I could not take them to next level...these are just same old drops :(
thats not pigeon ...its called fakta...looks similar to pigeon but in brown color...not in white black or blue color :)
your HDR is nice and clean...shoot something more attractive ;)
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] backward compatibility is really difficult and now I can tell all the issues with D3100 ...but these issue may also be there in D5xxx range ...D7xxx range is much high above ...all those stupid talks regarding sensor and IQ which we had somedays back looks useless to me ....the AF, metering, shutter response, grip,viewfinder, advanced options of D7000 is much much better

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
tried a few drop shots.

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7208/13510403755_2277e0d01d.jpg

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7316/13510747444_820be8d76a.jpg

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7456/13510497303_75b7a70327.jpg

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
nice one abhidev

sharing a couple of shots i took a while back. Don't think I have shared them here

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7406/11546469066_1cd76b96d0.jpg

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7308/12384117223_51d7387417.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
last one is great prashant ...I didnt even get this one

@guys dont try night photography now days...save it for winter ...I think its too hot now...and sensor would get damaged due to heat of long exposure ...try some other cool ideas :)

Nice abhidev...loved it
[MENTION=132251]prashant[/MENTION] 1st one is great...2nd you have shared

Hrishi

last one is great prashant ...I didnt even get this one

@guys dont try night photography now days...save it for winter ...I think its too hot now...and sensor would get damaged due to heat of long exposure ...try some other cool ideas :)

Nice abhidev...loved it
[MENTION=132251]prashant[/MENTION] 1st one is great...2nd you have shared

Didn't knew that it could get damaged due to long exposure shot.
Btw how long are we talking about to cause damage. ? 30 secs ??

Top Bottom