The Photography Thread

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
last one is great prashant ...I didnt even get this one

the green one was tap drops falling in a bucket from 2ft height. I took that shot first but since the heat inside bathroom was unbearable, i took the other photos in my room and used smaller height. hence the difference in splash pattern. My crude setup :D

*i.imgur.com/Mgytn3ol.jpg

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Gen, That's nice. In-camera HDR? Software?
..all those stupid talks regarding sensor and IQ which we had somedays back looks useless to me ..
Now you have earned the immunity to sit back and laugh at our stupid talks about sensor and IQ :D
Night Photography: Is that for compact too or just ILCs?

Prashant, Low angle, green drop shot is so good :thumbs:
I guess I have seen the second set. May be in flickr. BTB, bought a tripod?

Abhi, This is much better than the selective the colouring.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] but without talking about megapixel, zoom, IQ, number of focus point how can one decide which DSLR to buy...I mean a newbie dont have experience ...I now understood why people used to tell others to get a D90 instead of D3xxx and D5xxx :ssshhh:

Nac its better to avoid long exposure in this summer time... I feel that in ILC or not the lens will be kept open to record data for long period of time which may heatup the sensor....It may cause hot pixel marks on sensor....
day before yesterday I was trying to capture star trails...and shot some 12 shots ...then I suddenly remember that summer is not right time to heat up the sensor more...and dropped the idea to take any more.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Two of the test clicks to see the angles for star trail.

*i.imgur.com/76f2nJr.jpg

*i.imgur.com/bDSGPhD.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac composition if 1st one is better..it looks better...take this shot while keeping the whole tree form the ground in picture...will look much better

chitvan

Journeyman
I give up on two drop splash shot ...tried really hard....3days...lots of reading :reading: ..lots of setups...lightning n all ...but could not even get a single twin drop collision :duh2:

Just posting my usual drop shots

and some birds

I know last one is not very sharp but I caught him this way is nice itself...its a very quick birds ;)

Last bird shot is good,
Always take care of background for water droplet shots

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ That's excellent Chitvan. :doublethumb: Just that I don't like the waste floating in the frame).

- - - Updated - - -

Star Trail
Attempt # 1

I messed up a little. So I had to remove some of the exposures.

*i.imgur.com/oAtob8t.jpg

SX130 | f/3.4 | 1min x 82 exposure |ISO 200 |F 28mm eq.

I don't why the foreground subject (tree) isn't clear. It looks kinda blurred...

- - - Updated - - -

And some of the stars are in front of the tree. :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Any tips/tutorial/video how to remove the noise. Camera have processed and reduced some, I have reduced a little.

There was no wind, even if there was a little wind, not much of leaves. And I am sure trunks/branches won't move in that unnoticeable breeze.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess, it's the processing made it look blurred :idea:

abhidev

Human Spambot
Note that I haven't used selective coloring...the leaves itself of that color or maybe they painted it that way :D

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2414/13160159175_cb62bd5702_b.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=10032]chitvan[/MENTION] that angle is not appealing
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] now its looking good :) great work
[MENTION=84261]abhidev[/MENTION] its looking great ...natural selective coloring

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Abhi, That's me, right? :rofl: I said that... :)
Prashant, So... I have to push it the extreme, I guess. I will try that to attempt # 2.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]: trees and all will always have some movement over the period of an hour. For star trails its best to keep stable objects as the subject (rocks, buildings, some prop you put etc). I'm not sure why you are getting noise and purpleish color, I would suggest that you reduce the exposure time to about 15sec and use a lot more shots. there is also a long duration noise reduction thing that you should ensure is turned on, I hope you are using a chdk script to shoot these and not touching the cam in between
[MENTION=84261]abhidev[/MENTION]; Wow that is unbelievable, guess photoshop is so prevalent that we tend to think that anything not natural has to be photoshopped

Top Bottom