Chillum Baba
Pelicans

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3764/13224689264_f9a05f627e_o.jpg

Macaw

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3695/13224694114_75882455d3_o.jpg

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
[MENTION=2935]a_medico[/MENTION] - Nice
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] The birds are ok I guess, The 1st bird one it'd be so much better if it had some space to the right. instead of the left & since the background is quite plain you can easily do it.
I like pics 2 & 3 (road) but lol @ the bike pic
[MENTION=84261]abhidev[/MENTION] - Nice, the 4 pitbull's are looking great.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@gen the first shot was part of burst shot ...its not a crop its the actual shot itself ..y laughing at my bike :D comon its 10 yr old..

medico pellicans are soo sharp...donno how u get soo sharp pics..please share exif

kaz

right here
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7064/13237046903_003fd3118f_o.jpg
Moon @200mm.. highly cropped..edited a little in lightroom..

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] zilpi field and road to zilpi looks really good :)
@medico great bird shots :)

Hrishi

Got myself a new DSLR , ( DSLT actually ). I was wondering where to start from ?? I have no clue about Photography , although I do understand the Jargons but not a clue where to begin from.

BTW , All I have right now is a DSLT ( Sony Alpha A58 ) , with stock 18-55mm lens kit. Is there a need to upgrade to a better Telephoto or Macro lens , right away or should I explore the Stock one first then go for the Higher Zoom lenses .??

Also , I was wondering whether I have made a good choice buying the DSLT ( Sony A58 ) , or should I have purchased the Nikon D3200/5100 or Canon 600D/1100D ??

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
check out the exercises in *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cameras-camcorders/174801-photo-projects-practical-approch.html
and
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cameras-camcorders/173677-learn-photography-me.html

50mm is great for portraits, indoors, low-light although it is a macro lens. it's also less than 4k so I guess go for this one if you want something right away.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=140405]Rishi.[/MENTION]..no need to upgrade right way...get lenses according to your need and urge...do remember that every lens may make a hole of around 20k in your pocket (macro,telephoto) ...

A58 is new for us and it seems you may have to tell us how good it is :D ...but dont regret the decision...sony have all the lenses and equipments available in India now...We can definitely help you regarding photography ;)

Hrishi

[MENTION=140405]Rishi.[/MENTION]..no need to upgrade right way...get lenses according to your need and urge...do remember that every lens may make a hole of around 20k in your pocket (macro,telephoto) ...

A58 is new for us and it seems you may have to tell us how good it is :D ...but dont regret the decision...sony have all the lenses and equipments available in India now...We can definitely help you regarding photography ;)

Thanks for the advice.
So I am the only one with a DSLT ?? :p , Waw!! Seems like I have landed a fortune.

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION]: DONT upgrade so soon to ANYTHING. Clear hai ?

Roger that. :) Clear hain. At least wallet me extra holes nahi karna padega.

- - - Updated - - -

check out the exercises in *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cameras-camcorders/174801-photo-projects-practical-approch.html
and
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cameras-camcorders/173677-learn-photography-me.html

50mm is great for portraits, indoors, low-light although it is a macro lens. it's also less than 4k so I guess go for this one if you want something right away.

Thanks bro. Will check the links . :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Finally another person with a Sony camera :) . I guess everyone already told you not to go about investing in new lenses, since it'll burn a hole in your pocket. What they did not tell you was that using a stock lens and loads of jugaad will make you more creative :) . looking forward to seeing some awesome pics form you

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
@Medico: awesome bird photos [MENTION=155950]sujay[/MENTION]: wow d7000, awesome, I am here after long time :p I liked your second shot on this page. I also tried taking some bird pics, but was not that successful, they are in most of the cases not too sharp and while shooting flying birds, due to sun , they came too dark.
Here are few snaps from me :
1. easiest bird to take photo of :p

*ppcdn.500px.org/63939317/133c2b812faadb6c27e5a9891636d358da34b993/4.jpg
Pigeon by Kapil Juvale on 500px

*ppcdn.500px.org/63578011/084ab7dd89857325de7aa6056d11dbbb41cb4345/4.jpg
Prague city square by Kapil Juvale on 500px

sujoyp

Grand Master
Pigeon is very sharp kapil and that prague square is beautiful

I tested my lens on garden birds and its good enough ...those long distance birds and BIF are just difficult targets

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2851/13249133074_6d55bec32f_z.jpg
Fakta by sujoyp, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy, In my view, this is your best bird photograph ever. :doublethumb:
I tested my lens on garden birds and its good enough ...those long distance birds and BIF are just difficult targets
Then don't bother shooting them... :)

Kapil, Bird... Something new from you... :) Too much saturation, I feel.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks nac ...but then I get bored looking at same bulbul, fakta, kabootar, purple sunbird, female sunbird and yellow little bird daily in my garden....I need to improve my techniques and get better shots out there...I am getting monopod within a week ...lets see if it helps me improve

The fun with digital world is shoot shoot untill you learn :D :D

abhidev

Human Spambot
awesome pics [MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] and [MENTION=933]kjuvale[/MENTION] :D

- - - Updated - - -

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7018/13160192575_959b92b639_b.jpg
perfect view, Phuket by abhidevmumbai, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3792/13160190965_f969125e70_b.jpg
Big Buddha, Phuket by abhidevmumbai, on Flickr

Top Bottom