The Photography Thread

lm2k

Journeyman
@pranav0091 ,@marvelousprashant , @a_medico and @rhitwick - thank you. i m trying this on some other flowers also . I ll post back the results.
@pranav0091 - Sorry to hear that about your camera. I hope it will get fixed soon.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Pranav, I don't it would be a big deal. It sounds like a swab mark (like fingerprint). Probably they will clean it for you under warranty.

Lm2k, Good work :doublethumb: But I was expecting about 2 or 3 minute long video ;)

game-freak

In the zone
plz critique
*farm6.staticflickr.com/5348/8937753199_932b3c0b04_c.jpg *www.flickr.com/photos/94910990@N04/8937753199/

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3799/8937747971_ae14c8f1f1_c.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Both are nice. Need to work little more on the second one. I think it's not the IQ one gets from DSLR, I guess you have cropped too much. Try it with your prime lens and try focus stacking for macros...

Check out toofan's flickr...

lm2k

Journeyman
@game-freak - both are nice , in the first one i would have liked to see more of the earth(mountains and trees) also you could have tried this image as HDR(3-5 images) second one is beautiful especially the eyes but as nac said u have cropped it too much, you can try sharpening it in photoshop.
@nac - i am working on it may be when i see a bud i will try it again with better lighting amd arrangements to avoid unwanted movements.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Got the camera fixed. They took one look at it and asked me if i had opened it and tried to do something. I said yes, that I tried to clean with a swab after seeing a mark. They just advised me not to try anything more than a blower on the internals and cleaned (replaced?) the focus screen and the sensor on the spot. I just had to wait for about 20 minutes in total. Very pleased with the service. Canon Level 4 service centre, Brigade road, Bangalore.

PS: Are cameras under warranty eligible for free servicing even if nothing is wrong with them?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@game-freak To tell the truth these shots are good if shot by a Point and Shoot camera. But disappointing quality for D5100. I dont know what is wrong with 1st shot. It is grainy. I checked the exif and it is just ISO 140. Maybe just bad luck

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@game-freak - I like the 2nd one, Could had been better if that blurry thing in the foreground wasn't there & if the background was a little less noisy.

Here's another one.
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3716/8940164334_62f7a1c725_b.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Gen.Leibib, beautiful shot, have you post processed this somehow or is this the dynamic range that your camera normally gives?

Gamefreak: I thought that the second shot was brilliant, after all it's not always that a fly sits down in the perfect position and lighting and lets you shoot it. You could try reverse mounting your present lenses if you are interested in getting good macros.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Gen, Nice attempt. Foreground ghosting, you can crop out some of the top and bottom ghosting. Is that a moon? If so, it would be good if we can see some of the moon details. I have seen people using double exposure to get BIG moon in the frame.

How is the PP in this picture

*img266.imageshack.us/img266/1149/img3473q.jpg

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
A good photo I took long back. Might've posted here earlier. Arguably my best photo ever :D

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7448/8946341047_fd4842cdd0_o.jpg
Surise by Karan Raj Baruah, on Flickr

PS: Have not used Photoshop even a little :wink:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@thetechfreak - Thats a nice looking shot. I like that.

Gen.Leibib, beautiful shot, have you post processed this somehow or is this the dynamic range that your camera normally gives?
Don't know about DR but there is a quite a bit of PP in that shot. I know its not well done here though.

Gen, Nice attempt. Foreground ghosting, you can crop out some of the top and bottom ghosting.
Foreground ghosting?

Is that a moon? If so, it would be good if we can see some of the moon details. I have seen people using double exposure to get BIG moon in the frame.
Moon details .. Do you mean get 2 shots one exposed for the building and other for the moon & then blend them? Got any links to such shots?
I think your moon shot with details works well on a cloudless sky.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
nice pics. liked the textures in the cut rocky caves , may be you post processed it this way.

some of my first attempts at timelapse
redrose

camera- Sony erricson ELM
application - lapse.jar to make the camera take a foto after every 5 mins
startrails.exe to make the video
one foto taken every 5 min for 2 days but ended up using the last 86 fotos from last 7 hours since there was too much movements along with some lighting and focus issues.

purple gazania

application - lapse.jar to make the camera take a foto after every 2 mins
startrails.exe to make the video
total time was around 3 hours.
Nice try!
I tried it but couldn't get the application lapse.jar to run on my S60 v5. Had to use LapseBasic with poor results.
Yours is a good time lapse video.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Foreground ghosting?

I meant, blurred passer by (I think) at the bottom of the image.

Moon details .. Do you mean get 2 shots one exposed for the building and other for the moon & then blend them? Got any links to such shots?
I think your moon shot with details works well on a cloudless sky.

Here you can find some artistic double exposure shots (Some of this may be photoshoped). Google it, you can find many. I don't know your camera has this feature in-built. If not, you have to do it in photoshop.

I meant similar to this one.
*www.members.shaw.ca/ocl2/moon.jpg

Note: It's not mine. I just picked it from google search.

Yes, the one I posted is actually two shots blended in gimp.

You are good at photoshop, I guess you don't need a youtube or website link to "how you can do this in photoshop" :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
Some drops

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5338/8971581838_1a1bb7dba3.jpg
Golden Drop by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8549/8970390135_9997e9aa2a.jpg
Sparkling drops by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3782/8970390989_cabb29a5a8.jpg
Splash by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/8971584260_0f30e35c80.jpg
Close drop by sujoyp, on Flickr

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@sujoy : Great drop shots. Like the third one

@nac I m not very fluent with terminology but your example is of blending not double exposure

@thetechfreak good. Empty space on the left doesn't look good. Without it, this will look more spooky

@nac : Lots of noise around the tomb

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@Sujoyp - Those are great. How did you get the water to splash like that in the 3rd one ?

@nac- Thanks for the link. Didn't knew of double exposure before. May be I'll try that kind of moon blending sometime if I get the right photo.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@prashant & nac thanks

@gen. the splash like 3rd is a sheer chance...sorry there is no style to drop water :)

@nac in ur pic black is black but the grayish light around the taj is what he is talking about....it look like noise...u could have removed it in photoshop

Top Bottom