The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
ajay u r doing correct and ur shot was 100% right with good bokeh...but can u try it on some flowers or teddy bear ...something colorful :)

izzko 1st is awesome...superb

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I don't fully agree with point 4. If background is too far you have will get a creamy bokeh instead of beautiful bokeh circles. Bokeh is easy to learn. Just keep shooting and you will come to know

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Rain from my office window.
Taken in macro mode from my Samsung Galsy S camera. Touched up the contrast and hue/sat. Put a frame.
*pbs.twimg.com/media/BLe_wuKCEAAWOt7.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Amlan, Nice clicks again... :thumbs:

Ayuclack, Good IQ

Rhitwick, Nice attempt. I guess you would get much better image when you try this set up with your 600D.

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
posting after very long time
here are some of my click from my recent spain trip

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3670/8892792060_975daf7888_b.jpg
DSC02462 by Criztle, on Flickr
*farm6.staticflickr.com/5449/8892199889_07de75056d_b.jpg
7654 by Criztle, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7453/8892187809_f7c48a3b3f_b.jpg
Rays of Hope and Peace by Criztle, on Flickr

all pics are (C) All Rights reserved

Last edited:

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
*1.bp.blogspot.com/-Puk6iOdxKn4/UabYdZemdMI/AAAAAAAABco/xTS44GO6hoA/s1600/DSC_0452+copy.jpg

*4.bp.blogspot.com/-P2yW6VdOYrg/UabX4duGCiI/AAAAAAAABcg/0QNX9PrVa2M/s1600/DSC_0449+copy.jpg

*4.bp.blogspot.com/-_FCbmxrt-Ug/UabY4xRidGI/AAAAAAAABcw/js3ZIAzPxDw/s1600/DSC_0455+copy.jpg

ajay600

Broken In
handheld, with shutter speed of 1 seconds and no flash

*img12.imageshack.us/img12/4550/dsc0177gif.jpg

handheld, with shutter speed of 1.3 seconds and no flash

*img819.imageshack.us/img819/5518/dsc0196zg.jpg

any tip on getting the night shots better?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
As a rule of thumb, should never go for shutter speeds that are slower SHORTER than 1/ISO and LONGER than 0.3 seconds if the camera is handheld.

Nice 1st shot Ayush :)

Last edited:

ajay600

Broken In
As a rule of thumb, should never go for shutter speeds that are slower than 1/ISO and longer than 0.3 seconds if the camera is handheld.

Nice 1st shot Ayush :)

Thanks.. There was absolutely no light and i do jot own a tripod... So had to Set a slow shutter and a high ISO.

And are the pics usually edited In photoshop or other tools before getting displayed here? Especially the landscape shots

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@pranav0091 - Not sure if you saw this before but whats the highest usable ISO on your camera for night shots?

I have shots on 3200 that look just fine (unless one is pixel peeping, but even then aggressive noise reduction+sharpen+glow helps a lot). In short, ISO 3200 is perfectly usable, havent tried any more than that though.

Thanks.. There was absolutely no light and i do jot own a tripod... So had to Set a slow shutter and a high ISO.

And are the pics usually edited In photoshop or other tools before getting displayed here? Especially the landscape shots

Yeah, as much any one would like to get great pics right out of the camera, its nearly impossible to do in real life. There 's always something or the other that you feel could have been done better after you take the shot. So most of us here do a little editing (mainly straighten the horizon- cant stress this enough, STRAIGHT horizon, unless you have a very good reason to break this rule, crop to trim out the non-interesting/distracting parts, tweak the levels a bit to boost contrast at the slight expense of details, and tweak the luminosity curve generally to a sigmoid curve)

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
All those shots were taken in moving car at 40-50 km/h in city... When I just received my camera back from Nikon.... I was just testing it...

sujoyp

Grand Master
@ ajay600
Yes most people do a bit of editing ...and editing is a integral part of photography...just u should know how much to edit soo that it looks natural...it should not look artificial :)

Top Bottom