The Photography Thread

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Stars mainly. This was a practice attempt so that I dont have to figure out everything when I go home to the village and try to shoot the stars. The other subjects could be flowers blossoming, rotting stuff/leaves, seed germination etc.

I think with the same set of pics for stars it would be more fun to get star trails ..... but thats a cool idea, have a lot of star trail pics will try to make a timelapse out of it :) Thanks

lm2k

Journeyman
@CyberKID - thnx. i had used advanced version just to select the highiest resolution possible sicne it gives more room for cropping(batch) ;i am sure s60 would have their own app for such work.
@sujoyp - nice pics of the drops. i liked all.
@izzikio_rage -Opulence pic is very nice.
@pranav0091- nice timelapse. one question is y the sky colour is yellow ?
@Gen.Libeb - nice panorama. is it incamera or a i PC. also if done in PC how much % overlap u kept?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@CyberKID - thnx. i had used advanced version just to select the highiest resolution possible sicne it gives more room for cropping(batch) ;i am sure s60 would have their own app for such work.
@sujoyp - nice pics of the drops. i liked all.
@izzikio_rage -Opulence pic is very nice.
@pranav0091- nice timelapse. one question is y the sky colour is yellow ?
@Gen.Libeb - nice panorama. is it incamera or a i PC. also if done in PC how much % overlap u kept?

Night clouds polluted by light from the city. It wasnt that yellow to the naked eye, but the sensor really picks it up.

Here is a startrail (again the sky was nearly black as far as I could see, but the sensor picks up even faint light.)

I am not very pleased with this one, I had to have to zoomed more :/

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Night clouds polluted by light from the city. It wasnt that yellow to the naked eye, but the sensor really picks it up.

Here is a startrail (again the sky was nearly black as far as I could see, but the sensor picks up even faint light.)

I am not very pleased with this one, I had to have to zoomed more :/

Pranav, run the same pics in a software called startrails. A timelapse video of startrails shows barely anything since the star light is so faint. However a trail looks pretty cool :)

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8359/8299553352_f856534511_z.jpg
Celestial light show - startrails by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Pranav, Try try... It's good to try and get to know things how it works... Soon we will see one like this from you :)

Prashant, It's cool... :cool:

Shreymittal, Nice one. :thumbs:

lm2k

Journeyman
pranav0091 - nice one. what shutter speed and iso and how much interval betewwn shots? also try to add some foreground like a rock or something interesting .

pranav0091 - nice one. what shutter speed and iso and how much interval betewwn shots? also try to add some foreground like a rock or something interesting .

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I use startrails only for the video buddy. Then compress it using handbrake from 200MB to 600KB :D

Yep, I'll keep trying :>

Just ordered the 'Black Hole', Canon 50mm, f1.8 lens for 6.8k from FK. My first lens upgrade, I guess I am ready to move onto primes, now that I have spent the last 6 months with the kit lens :)

Sure, let me just get home in a couple of weeks time, the city sucks for time lapse (except for the traffic, which I might do soon)
30 seconds per shot, ~150 shots at 15fps, ISO200, no post processing (too lazy), 'shoot like crazy' mode from Magic lantern, basically less than a second between successive shots (Although the video above had a 3s gap between shots, hence the very slight jitter) :D

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Thanks. Tts just a regular 16:9 photo with some of the empty space cropped off at the top & bottom. Not taken through the panorama mode.
I haven't tried anything with the panorama mode yet.

shreymittal

Being Human
Guys more here please correct me if i am wrong anywhere
Because I'm a n00b in Photography

*i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a595/shreymittal/DSC00988_zps92c66474.jpg

*i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a595/shreymittal/DSC00989_zpsaf04c21b.jpg

lm2k

Journeyman
Thanks. Tts just a regular 16:9 photo with some of the empty space cropped off at the top & bottom. Not taken through the panorama mode.
I haven't tried anything with the panorama mode yet.

it is not 16:9 you have dropped out 1000 pixels more and the things in the frame appear to be far so it is looking a bit like panorama.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
it is not 16:9 you have dropped out 1000 pixels more and the things in the frame appear to be far so it is looking a bit like panorama.
I meant it was 16:9 when I took it. I cropped it on PC later to remove the empty space. Not sure what you asked about the % overlap.

Guys more here please correct me if i am wrong anywhere
Because I'm a n00b in Photography

@shreymittal - What were you trying to shoot in that pic?
You've cut off the top of the most interesting building in that pic, Apart from being tilted, the road isn't looking good in there either.

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
My first time lapse video..Edited using LRtimelapse and Lightroom 3 to create a moody look... The final video inspired me to write some lines about the 'Lonely tower'.. Shot with Sony Xperia Sola using Lapseitpro app.. :)
Please comment your opinion..!

Clouds pass by as the lonely tower waves a delicate 'good bye' to the exhausted sun.He was with the lonely one all day long, just to make it feel better.
Musing a better tomorrow , the lonely tower gave itself a comfortable uprising.
-There are so many people around you,like the tower itself. Show them some solicitude by sparing a few seconds.

Top Bottom