The Photography Thread

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I have shots on 3200 that look just fine (unless one is pixel peeping, but even then aggressive noise reduction+sharpen+glow helps a lot). In short, ISO 3200 is perfectly usable, havent tried any more than that though.

Thanks for that post. noise reduction+ Sharpen + glow: in-cam ??

I had a hard time figuring out the best settings on some handheld night shots the last time. This one is with a 15 sec exposure. (not handheld)

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8534/8857679628_ee9aa0bb1e_b.jpg

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
Ayuclack, What happened finally? Did they replace the unit or repaired it?

Whole internal's got replaced ...excluding sensor .. They said they can't replace the body as due to serial number and thin at kind of stuff.They first gave it back to me after replacing the focusing screen but plastic shard were visible in viewfinder and the mirror was also scratched.. So they took one week and gave almost new camera back to me.. :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Good that they have replaced the faulty internal units rather than fixing them.

Gen, That's a nice one... :thumbs:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Thanks for that post. noise reduction+ Sharpen + glow: in-cam ??

I had a hard time figuring out the best settings on some handheld night shots the last time. This one is with a 15 sec exposure. (not handheld)

Brilliant pic Gen, more so since its not from a DSLR :)

Nope, all in paint.net/picasa.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Ajanta caves (Summer edition)

Individual caves

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5329/8920333089_f477d41f41_o.jpg

Inside the caves

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7358/8920974816_bf68509377_o.jpg

Birds-eye view - 2Kms stretch of hand carved caves in a stretch of hills

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7345/8920971954_5b98aac4f3_o.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Medico, Looks like a good location for Indian Jones 5 ;)
Like the birds eye view. HDR???

@ nac thanks i actually took it from back side of moving bus

Yeah, I guessed. Good IQ for a compact. And it's better warmer.

lm2k

Journeyman

Individual caves

Inside the caves

Birds-eye view - 2Kms stretch of hand carved caves in a stretch of hills

nice pics. liked the textures in the cut rocky caves , may be you post processed it this way.

some of my first attempts at timelapse
redrose

camera- Sony erricson ELM
application - lapse.jar to make the camera take a foto after every 5 mins
startrails.exe to make the video
one foto taken every 5 min for 2 days but ended up using the last 86 fotos from last 7 hours since there was too much movements along with some lighting and focus issues.

purple gazania

application - lapse.jar to make the camera take a foto after every 2 mins
startrails.exe to make the video
total time was around 3 hours.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Individual caves

Nice snaps :)
I like the post processing here, but my take would be that it doesnt suit the second and third pics as much as it suits the first one.

@lm2k: Neat time lapse :)
Which camera? and how did you maintain the battery ?

Last edited:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@a_medico - A bit too over-processed for my taste
@lm2k - The time-lapse is great

Brilliant pic Gen, more so since its not from a DSLR :)
Thanks. I was happy with most of the results as long as they were not night landscape handheld shots otherwise I need to place the cam somewhere (no tripod) & compromise on the composition. I'll probably post some handheld from that session later.

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Need some quick help/advice.

Yesterday I found that there was a small (perfectly circular) line in the viewfinder of my 600D. I pinned it down after a bit of observation to lie on the pentaprism surface that receives the light from the mirror. In a moment of stupidity I open up the lens and use a clean dry swab to try clean it, but ended up making a bit more dirty. Any chance I'll be able to get this cleaned under warranty? If not how much will it cost?

The initial marks were caused on their own and not by me.

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
Need some quick help/advice.

Yesterday I found that there was a small (perfectly circular) line in the viewfinder of my 600D. I pinned it down after a bit of observation to lie on the pentaprism surface that receives the light from the mirror. In a moment of stupidity I open up the lens and use a clean dry swab to try clean it, but ended up making a bit more dirty. Any chance I'll be able to get this cleaned under warranty? If not how much will it cost?

The initial marks were caused on their own and not by me.

Same Thing That Was Damaged In Mine ...:lol: