The Photography Thread

chitvan

Journeyman
To take pictures in pitch dark use low ISO (ISO80) and lowest shutter speed.

Try to take the same picture with ISO80 and 15 Sec shutter delay.

BUT remember, if u r going to take picture in ISO80 use a tripod or keep the cam on some surface. Even if the cam shakes for a fraction of second ur picture will come blurred.

i guess longer exposure can ruined the pic...
check exit data of Vimal`s posted image....
Shutter Speed is 1/320 for that shot...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks guys for ur advices...
How can I change shutter speed in my cam...there is no such option...
Today I will try on ISO80...let me see what comes out:p

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
For shooting the moon one doesn't needs a slow shutter as 15secs even at ISO 80. What Rhitwick suggested is partially correct though.

Sujoy I suggest when you release the shutter don't do it manually, use self-timer to prevent the camera shake.

@toofan - I have heard about the masks but will google it as I don't know anything about them.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@chitvan...yaah u r right...it dont have manual shutter speed mode

@Cool G5...ur idea is excellent...I will keep it in self timer...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
are u answering to me....!!!!
what have i asked...?where?

whoops, that post was meant for sujoyp, he was asking about taking a moon shot with a cam that does not have a manual mode....

@sujoyp: if your camera has a program mode or even a landscape mode that will set the focus to infinity, then use spot metering and cropping to get a good shot....take the shot at the full resolution of the camera so that the crop results are good.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Mango - King of Fruits

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4562207091_4ce326159f_o.jpg

The JPG is compressed to load faster on slower connections. I pulled the slider too far so one can see the artifacts, please ignore them.

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: thanks for posting cool cool mangoes. Nicely taken.

izziko: beautiful shot and excellent composition.

chitvan

Journeyman
Mango - King of Fruits

The JPG is compressed to load faster on slower connections. I pulled the slider too far so one can see the artifacts, please ignore them.

thats nice image...liked it....
u can try different angles too....lower angle...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4562795779_620ec150ed_o.jpg

@sujoyp : this has been taken from my sony w-150.......it does not have the quality of the high optical zoom cameras but is still worth a shot.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@izziko_rage - The image you posted on previous page is beautifully composed. Only defect I see in it is the tilted horizon.

@toofan, chirag, anorion - Thanks.

@rhitwick - Come at my home. :) Ab tumhari bari. :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
@izzikio_rage...yaah its good...but how much optical zoom does ur cam have...how did u manage to take soo sharp pic with w-150...was it a full moon day that day :p

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
my cam has a 5x optical zoom....the moon was three quarters full ...that is usually the best time to shoot it...(I think someone else also mentioned this fact...a full moon will show no details ) ...I used irfanview to crop the photo

@cool g5: now that you mention it....it is a bit tilted...will take care next time...thanks

Last edited:

chitvan

Journeyman
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAOPJV4nnAq62PL8M2VJfdVSSfIcUNRp5PHESA9nB1RjccgdRznXwSdVJTmn67MrI9p_xN75oCkU9kLOYVEGap4kAm1T1UKuFbTneFW3sZe4w1XOHLKrDKL5G.jpg

this one captured at Rock Garden,Chandigarh,
actually i was capturing the water vessels only & the girl was posing for her father to be captured & then i clicked...

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAGWC6YQEdYe5t3I3wR1NNqtBAfgABtGtg_6UfmQd7MmFX3NYnYqLR1wzfl8X1STQiGai3AjjkUrCrBX9QVW8m9kAm1T1UFFVysycbmRhfmcUYVCZhsrGzHc9.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAANNKr4goGTHxaOlqg5_i6VvPUJdWOMC3gGxFGjr7kg5ECKVWwMIG2Tevhx2raLr3rUZmc4GhKkWDb3QEH8xPKJUAm1T1UFaa1UbCSECOH8dkGdmvQXqsy5US.jpg

Top Bottom