The Photography Thread

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@stuge
sry for mis spelling ur name,
The above image is great. I don't know how you did it, but still i would say- nice work :)
I would love to learn the same.

chitvan

Journeyman
@Vimal:
@Gaurav:
@Abhinav:
Thanks guys...

@Vimal:
agree with Abhinav....your image is best for HDR...as all details are visible....

@Abhinav:
thats awesome image...very nice..motion blur worked very well...
u could clone out that left sided banner....

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

My friend Panam trying to capture shadow..
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAKNtuyG-8KNyCEzyXUukCOAUd2HakyVX7RAAl0TafTV0MTVb-jYY1v47lUEq_C4jJBizhK7Yy5wnTUYGof0UnzkAm1T1UMnvWPu_Yjwv5LaWPiAyXRIncbn0.jpg
_________
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAP7f6tYD66Cuj311WqYtGKILptq6fxaABB_CWZa-VL5sG6ND1cdLOhekaWFxzm70K9GGzTIT0DXx1R_99UknPQMAm1T1UCMPlWZxBoPkYqd2eQ7oSfJQSzj7.jpg
_________
my friend Ashish in action
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAKLNaVsr43N727fYL6KGQDraqXoHH0L6zp_eKTz6mVa4po6Wy6nbvUf2ReLohGfyZyTjue1Xw7b1XD_UvXsU-cUAm1T1UFs16W5XMolj4rxbRqY2nt_1sbER.jpg
_________
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAO12ClM0npVXNH_0Vzx0sxlLtl8DByILqi6DiKCJWHD5VgSkaFq3BvSxA-l_PA8ASijisP4tIZ56xcq_yA-qH4gAm1T1UB-xa2WPKJfiVXi-jxo8iGm4CM0o.jpg
_________

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@chirag - Nice snaps again. Was it any photography trips?

@toofan -Yeah, it seems perfect now. Sharp throughout the frame.

@INS_ANI - Psychedlic or whatever its called suits your photo theme. The post processing is done good.

chitvan

Journeyman
@chirag - Nice snaps again. Was it any photography trips?
Thanks....
yup i & my 6 friends had a Photography trip to Sarkhej Roja,Ahmedabad.
thats awesome place...
i know u are in Orkut too....
then u can see more snaps from friends here...
*www.orkut.co.in/Main#CommMsgs?cmm=92211595&tid=5461267224327299593
*www.orkut.co.in/Main#CommMsgs?cmm=92211595&tid=5461250667228373513

actually we all met on orkut...b4 that we didnt know each other..
as i made a community for my state named "Photography club of Gujarat"...only for making group of ppl having same interest...
then we arrange a trip to the place near city...& we succeed in that...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nice Chirag. I'm too searching for some photofreaks here in Mumbai but the response has been lukewarm till now but still I'm trying.
What about PCGI?

chitvan

Journeyman
Nice Chirag. I'm too searching for some photofreaks here in Mumbai but the response has been lukewarm till now but still I'm trying.
What about PCGI?
i think there are many photographers from Mumbai...
u can try on orkut communities...there is community named "Photography Club of Mumbai" with 6,462 members...

ya i m member of PCGI too....even i m moderator of it...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@ toofan: thanks dude...will check out the shop

and amazing photos everyone....have been away from photography for quite some time...hope the new camera will change things..

sujoyp

Grand Master
Some of my pics....taken from Sony T100 P&S...I really feel there is too much compromise in a P&S Camaras...will get DSLR as soon as I had the money:mrgreen:

Below one is the original one...no post processing done...I love the light effect here
*lh6.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/S9Q9BZw4U6I/AAAAAAAAE2Q/0NPePtk425I/s800/DSC03717.JPG

My kitti...have done some editing using picasa
*lh4.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/S9Q89uphGFI/AAAAAAAAE2E/NeG2vyUzH9U/s800/DSC03702.JPG

This one is a makdee...I tried my best to make it scary...but I think its just too dark
*lh3.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/S9Q85Ape_UI/AAAAAAAAE18/RzfGtJzgSOM/s800/DSC03697.JPG

This is original one
*lh6.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/S9Q83Dk9ccI/AAAAAAAAE10/idqaKPjLQMo/s400/DSC03695.JPG

U guys rock on this thread:clap2::clap2:

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge: Nice clean and well composed and processed.
Vamsi: Excellent shot. The unusual angle make this shot special. It seems very emotional dog. Nice expressions. Nicely captured, composed and the railing is adding a natural frame to this image.

Chitvan: 2nd and 4th are the best. Try to bring some details out in the background of second image. Let see what comes out.

Sujoyp: 1st one is better among others. Keep practicing.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - Actually I didn't do anything to the image. It was shot like that. Just a few saturation & contrast settings in GIMP. Nothing else.

Well I thought it was a good image.

chitvan

Journeyman
Some of my pics....taken from Sony T100 P&S...I really feel there is too much compromise in a P&S Camaras...will get DSLR as soon as I had the money
you can do better with your P&S....just work on composition....
i use P&S too...

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Chitvan: 2nd and 4th are the best. Try to bring some details out in the background of second image. Let see what comes out.
Thanks for suggestion...
i already tried it...but i feel it was flat with same light...so i used gradient & vignette to make them dark....
Thanks...

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

@Gaurav...
its not bad....but u can do better by editing..
try Photoscape OR Paint.Net for editing..

Last edited:

Stuge

Youngling
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4020/4554620804_5f76996a81_b.jpg

black and white
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1379/4552403251_94a4e350a3_b.jpg

there is reason why photographers or enthusiats use mac and Winodows for digital photography.
you shd dual boot windows and Linux.Start using Photoshop or Lightroom .

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
GIMP is powerful enough its just that PS got famous due to being on Windows platform which is used by majority of computer users. Sure getting help for GIMP is difficult as most of the sites offer tutorials for PS but then again there are many communities which offer the same for GIMP.

@chirag - I don't have such good Post Processing skills. Maybe that's the reason my pictures don't stand out from yous guys who are masters in PP. Another thing is being an ardent Linux user, I use GIMP while most(or all) here use PS. Trying to do my best but for timebeing I prefer to shoot as perfect as I can on the camera itself.

@stuge - The second one wins my vote. Nice snap. Coloured one feels over saturated.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Depth Of Field

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4556872741_a05c717db4_o.jpg

Stuge

Youngling
Well ,coloured one is ok because its a HDR :),but yes black and white is always loved for street photography :)

G5 : its just not how powerful GIMP is .problem is it just doesn't have any plugins to work with :) ..I have used GIMP and left for the same reason .I was also relcutant to intitally (since it was free ) ,but then I realized how post processing is important to digital photography .Specially ,when I started shooting in RAW. ."picture without PP is just a half baked product "

in b/w I use Capture NX (software that came with camera +CS4

@Chitvan : Piracy :) Pay for the CS4 or PS if it pays you for the work you do or else its just not possible to pay that much of money .Yes ,I'm poor can't buy both Camera and Software untill I get money from it .

@Cool : shallow dof is the main reason why people get DSLR .Point and shoot due to its small sensor are just paralized in this sense .they have large depth of field .f8 is like f22 (don't know the real maths ) on a Cropped senor (APS-C).

Point and shoot can be really handy for macros due to large depth of field (though its not a true macro they provide in point and shoot. you will need to use raynox etc).

little info shared .I hope you like it :)

Last edited:

chitvan

Journeyman
GIMP is powerful enough its just that PS got famous due to being on Windows platform which is used by majority of computer users. Sure getting help for GIMP is difficult as most of the sites offer tutorials for PS but then again there are many communities which offer the same for GIMP.

@chirag - I don't have such good Post Processing skills. Maybe that's the reason my pictures don't stand out from yous guys who are masters in PP. Another thing is being an ardent Linux user, I use GIMP while most(or all) here use PS. Trying to do my best but for timebeing I prefer to shoot as perfect as I can on the camera itself.

i m not master in PP...
i use Photoscape for editing....which is very small & free software & very easy to use...
my all those B/W images edited in Photoscape only..
u can install Photoscape on Linux too using wine...
GIMP is very slow in editing....even u can use photofilter....which is free too...

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: I dosn't mean that your processing failed. What i meant is that You failed to capture the subject properly. In this image the main attraction is taken by the space between the house and trees. Image should be composed in such a way that attention goes to the House. Hope you got the point.

What I mostly do is use levels and curves. Sometimes saturation and vibrance. Removing noise if any and Then adding sharpness at he last. Yes a masking these effects to pop the subject out. But I am not as good as stuge or Chitvan.

*img225.imageshack.us/img225/7843/dsc0058h.jpg
Fire in Forests.

Every year in summers the jungles of Uttarakhand catch fire. I took this shot on tripod at a shutter speed of 25 sec with remote.

Top Bottom