The Photography Thread

Stuge

Youngling
thanks everyone.....will go for the sx120, the f stop values are something I really want to experiment with, the 25mm wide effect can probably be done by taking 2 images and joining them (hail photoshop) as for batteries will carry around an extra pair. 12x vs 10x and hidef video is something I can probably live without for the time being.
in b/w forgot to tell you about Panasonic Fz35(shoots raw +18x + can take polarizer(need ti be bought seperately) .In grey it will cost you around Rs17,500 + all the manual modes you need :).

read this *www.brighthub.com/multimedia/photography/articles/2143.aspx

IMO there is no why you can replace wide angle with a panorama or vise versa .Rest is upto you :)..Good luck :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
thanks stuge...this one's a little out of my league, any idea what the FZ28 costs? it also has the manual mode and stuff right?

could you please tell me the retail price, want to get the warranty.

toofan

Technomancer
Yup FZ35 is an awesome camera. I had used FZ28 manual focusing on it is very easy and very very feature rich. It has 18x optical zoom + full manual control + raw+ hd vedio.

Stuge

Youngling
Incredible Golconda Fort !

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4542854501_4daedb2a00_b.jpg

picture taken with B+W ND110 ,then tonemapped and processsed.

CHeck the black and white version too :)

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4060/4543489072_77c355d8f7_b.jpg

@izziko :well ,if you want to buy with warranty ,then most cameras will be out of you reach :(.I 'm not sure about FZ28 .

I guess SX120 is the only option left ..Since you want warranty also .

Last edited:

chitvan

Journeyman
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAEp29i1FrxLV5Ea0xCjoN8qa-CH5kv8IOIuiSvvpyPgAYR7RT3mslK4V4VTFid9Cjp2O3-oVqKF1iKBmCz0SYo8Am1T1ULT1kWuOFV9iOkYl1bt3hlNCk3rY.jpg
_________
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAHGoNX5LGd-USvz84y4pe7JFrUp8YgmFoyGSSnGcx7D-0ZTCLzfBu2QVBedhQnWmCAokyOBRmTLuOUTOdSibdZEAm1T1UIvl7dMivD5lbC1mEpiIhXqyEvLp.jpg
_________
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAD_281vtWejz1ELUl4f2vsw8SBI4SHJcLZZSaNs7dxMoICBJIdy73F6LzNLepJhcwlYDhjtKhddj7jmi7Xx9_JQAm1T1UJysP_omHfBithU0f1GSsexG_nr7.jpg
_________
*lh4.ggpht.com/_plWxfLOoFkI/S8rt79YKVCI/AAAAAAAAB5c/UyYct272iEI/Untitled_Panorama4_1-vert.jpg
_________

Stuge

Youngling
good work chitavan :) awesome pictures :).Just a thing that I have noted in those panos .you have sharpened them bit more than required (halos around the trees suggest that ) .
@vamsi ..nice shot :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - The B&W version looks good. Nicely processed.

@chirag - 1st is the best out of the lot.

@vamsi - Good Snap.

Feeling nice to see such good pics. Hope my days goes good now. :)

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge: colored version is looking better then b/w.
Chitvan: nicely taken.
Vamsi: Nice shot but It would be more appealing if the background would be blurred out.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

*img228.imageshack.us/img228/230/oooooqk.jpg

chitvan

Journeyman
Thanks a lot Abhinav,Gaurav & Vimal...
@Abhinav:
nice clicks...liked both...colored & B/W...
@Vimal:
nice catch...

see my some works on B/W...
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAADnAJJoabPtXwk-Rg1yzT2cgCKOnHReEzeALizQPEpYZC6asYVAPO4kUMhpbi-QCUm9E0UQM6FC4TgsWws9P6fMAm1T1ULurbDG3YPx0CC2PiSegxwWCpe_m.jpg
_________
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAMFwxpmDrGjM8nrLq5aFYFgA8poOaedbipJvgvX7Fw2zo3leBxPhnA-x0yn5M1g6e8wTAaiOi8a6W37sI3rRthUAm1T1UBhc1S55kPdtFmIMO0A6QemVU472.jpg
_________
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAE6feVPP30ytK5sn4gidkkj0eLVqBnkwY0GumwZBc8uf6jrxvH9CB3obQWOw6IJ1bT4CJn0qbtxBqzAah9zUBGwAm1T1UJGC4k-2mNIZ6CORruKgL_QSMKGI.jpg
_________

toofan

Technomancer
After all your building works. I am posting my first Building.

*img412.imageshack.us/img412/1846/dsc0086uo.jpg

The Raj Bhavan or the Governor's House.
It was built by British as a residence of Governor of North West Province.

Chitvan: some extra ordinary Images by you.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
guess the sx120 is final....any suggestions about e bay? it shows the camera as 10k bucks, cash on delivery in delhi. should I go for it?

toofan

Technomancer
Ritwik: two reasons
1. I took it in bright sunlight
2. I processed this image at a text setting of LCD. In this setting I have decreased the Brightness and contrast so save my eyes from strain.

Thanks for pointing out. I will process it again at standard settings.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - I agree with Rhitwick, correct that & we should have a great image.

@chirag - Nice snaps again.

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
Been experimenting with some normal images, m using Sony DSC W-210

Would appreciate your feedback on improving

*lh4.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/S9K9Hi6rNBI/AAAAAAAAAQc/6KXZzDWSomE/s512/DSC00430.JPG

My old building cat, disappeared a few weeks ago :-(

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

*lh6.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/S9K9H-0sNRI/AAAAAAAAAQg/wX3fBrcEqOQ/s640/DSC01460.JPG
Our clg farewell party a week ago in disc. Tried to take pics without flash, this is one of d try. Added saturation for theme.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

*lh4.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/S9K9Hx4OEWI/AAAAAAAAAQk/QguZT2CjkVA/s640/DSC01469.JPG
The service desk, liked d light. Was real hard to get clear shot.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

*lh4.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/S9K9IJGd5jI/AAAAAAAAAQo/BjeD8NlZiV0/s640/DSC01471.JPG

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

*lh5.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/S9K9ITARwJI/AAAAAAAAAQs/2wfajV5Rz5w/s640/DSC01544.JPG

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

The following images are of me experimenting with me :)
*lh6.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/S9K-NgjZkYI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/oqzEO-FkVuk/s512/DSC01579.JPG

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

*lh5.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/S9K-OMIaJeI/AAAAAAAAARA/eaG-29KaDzo/s800/Timepass.jpg
This is a modefiled version of last image, trying to make a scary wallpaper of me.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

*lh3.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/S9K-OdZ_lsI/AAAAAAAAARE/F3hIY3l9Riw/s800/edited1.jpg

toofan

Technomancer
*img405.imageshack.us/img405/6430/dsc0086nf.jpg

This is the correct version with correct settings.

izziko_rage: Don't buy from ebay. As you live in delhi. go and personally visit the shop and you will get them 500 to 1000 cheap. Do buy a 2500mAh rechargeable batteries and a fast charger which can charge them in less then 11 hours. I bought Uniross 2500 mAh batteries and there charger. Batteries are the best I have but the charger used to took 26 hours to charge them. Then I bought the Kodak charger it takes 11 hours.

Ins-ANI: Your images are matching a special theme so looking extremely effective. If they would have posted alone then they would be ordinary or even worse like your first shot of cattu.

Good work/thinking and keep practicing.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Stuge would have processed it to its maximum effect.

Stuge

Youngling
Race against time

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4548365788_406534711e_b.jpg

7.1 sec shot taken with B+W ND110 filter :)
at around 1:43pm

@INS :trying to show harms or smoking or drinking:) nice
@toofan : you picture is a good candidate for hdr :) lovely shot :)
@chitvan : fantastic shots

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@stooge,@toofan
Thanks 4 d appreciation. As i told you,i own a digital cam (made for dummies).. What else can i try with it? It really kills me to think that i am handicapped with limitation of my cam. The only creativity i can show is on image editing tools :(

Any advices for under privileged class?

Top Bottom