The Photography Thread

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I am looking for a good Camera in the range if Rs 15,000, what would you guys suggest. I am looking for simple Household photography

As I recommended in another thread, go with Canon SX120 IS as you don't need a DSLR unless you plan to get serious with Photography. Whereas a point & shoot will be easier to use than a DSLR for your family members.

Stuge

Youngling
I recomended you Panasonic FZ35 because I 've used both the points and shoots :)

some +Ve points of Fz35

1 .Shoots in Raw format ( a big +ve IMO )

2 Even takes polarizer ( wards off unneccesary reflections )
3 18 x Zoom

Even getting a point and shoot will only make you more addictive towards photography :D :D

Note : both the cameras will suck in dim light conditions or night photography.
you can pm me if you want more info regarding pns :)

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - A tighter crop would have looked more better IMO. Still a beautiful image.

@toofan - Nicely shot but I feel its a bit oversharpened.

Samosa Bhel

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2104/4534542922_df9d9f9d77.jpg

Stuge

Youngling
Imagination

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4533944365_ae246d1cb5_b.jpg
Panorama of two pictures (taken in continous mode from car ).Though it was taken long time back .

@cool Wel before posting ,I tried as much as cropping I could with the pic :p and this was best to my eyes :)

@Toofan : nice shot of those creatures ..that I hate :p ..kidding

@cool : nice pix ,but still not a mouth watering pic :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Stuge: the flowers one, the blurring is using the lense or pp? The blue-purple-yellow theme is wonderful. The sky looks strange in the panorama, but the orange growth is highlighted well.
@toofan: nice catch with that lizard. They usually scram when I go near em.

Stuge

Youngling
Diwan-i-Aam(Hall of Public Audience)-Amber Fort
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4070/4538026121_441817fe5e_b.jpg

Court where raja (king ) would meet his official and respond to his audience (public ) . Victory ,dusherra or kings birthday was celebrated here .

Regarding processing :Single image tonemapped ,then processed in Cs4 :).These is bit of distrotion that I haven't rectified .I hope image is not tilted :)

Last edited:

bhaskar

Broken In
Want to buy a camera in 10-12k range. Have seen the Nikon Coolpix S4000 and Sony Cybershot DSC W320. Which one will be a better pick? Please help. Any other suggestions?

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

I want to buy a camera in 10-12k range. Have seen the Nikon Coolpix S4000 and Sony Cybershot DSC W320. Which one will be a better pick? Please help. Any other suggestions?

Stuge

Youngling
Sheesh Mahal -Amber Fort (Close up )

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4539444931_3386ec9a71_b.jpg

HDR of three pictures (not a pseudo hdr of single image ) +distortions corrected

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
need some help everyone....am confused between the canon SX200 and the SX120, I really need manual mode (and manual focus) hence going with canon, am willing to spend upto 16 k on the camera. please suggest.

toofan

Technomancer
Go for sx120IS that way you will spend less and when you felt you developed as a photographer then you can go for costlier DSLR.

OR you can get a Nikon or Canon Entry level DSLR in range of 20k to 25k and this way you will be straight into the firing line.
Canon EOS 1000D with kit lens: Rs 22500.oo
Nikon D3000 with kit lens: Rs 22500.00

IMO you should go for a DSLR which is cheap and you will not have to upgrade very soon.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

*img694.imageshack.us/img694/7817/dsc0028ce.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@toofan: thanks, was initially plannning for a DSLR but need something compact, will compromise a bit for now.....the only advantage that the SX200 has over the SX120 is high def video, can anyone tell me some more?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan: thanks, was initially plannning for a DSLR but need something compact, will compromise a bit for now.....the only advantage that the SX200 has over the SX120 is high def video, can anyone tell me some more?

SX200 has a 12MP sensor compared to 10MP on SX120.

SX200 has 12x optical zoom as compared to 10x on SX120.

SX200 has fastest shutter speed of 1/3200 as compared to 1/2500 on SX120.

SX200 has a battery pack while SX120 has 2 AA batteries.

Stuge

Youngling
@izzikio rage : Dude IMO you shd save up and get an entry level dslr .Most preferably get Canon 1000D it has CMOS sensor .Whereas D3000 has CCD sensor .

in b/w canon has launched Canon SX210 (it has 14x zoom ) .

Regarding majordifference b/w SX120 and SX200 is SX120 isn't wide enough .SX120 is 36mm and SX200 is 28mm wide .

to understand the difference see this image

*media.canon-asia.com//products/digitalcameras/powershotsx200is/pic2.jpg

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer

SX120IS without bill is around 12500.00
and 210IS will be above 22000.00

If you need quality then go for 210IS but I had used 200IS it has a maximum f stop of 3.5 where as 120 IS have 2.8.
200is had a panorama mode I liked that.

Quality and features are more in 210IS. It has lithium battery which is quick to charge. only will take 2 hours while AA batteries will take minimum of 11-12 hours and maximum of 30 hours. Depends upon the charger you buy.

If you have 20k then buy DSLR other wise you have no choice other then sx120IS.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - The above portrait is nice. The greyscale conversion is working fine so is the superb composition. :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
thanks everyone.....will go for the sx120, the f stop values are something I really want to experiment with, the 25mm wide effect can probably be done by taking 2 images and joining them (hail photoshop) as for batteries will carry around an extra pair. 12x vs 10x and hidef video is something I can probably live without for the time being.

Top Bottom