Technomancer
^^Nice experiment.

*img401.imageshack.us/img401/4701/dsc0038mn.jpg

*img255.imageshack.us/img255/7738/dsc0008d.jpg

*img683.imageshack.us/img683/3397/dsc0061q.jpg

In my Garden!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - Yes, I did try but didn't use it much till now. the screen though gets quite cluttered when enabled. But I'm not able to figure out as how to change the apertures, shutter-timings etc via CHDK. Currently I do it via camera menu.

@vamsi - Try using natural light from a window & shutoff your flash.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

@toofan - Very nice set of images. Third one wins my vote for the best out of three. :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@toofan, is it onion flower?

And the butterfly in third pic is just gorgeous........man she is so beautiful
Wow, nice catch.

Can I have a higher resolution photo of it?

Stuge

Youngling
Himalayas bathed in Sunlight

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4524072024_8ee6e88a10_b.jpg

Shot with tungsten WB and cropped :

@toofan : I liked 2nd and 3rd ,but I felt in all the pictures bit of colours lacking .increase the saturation just a bit .not a lot :)

@cool ::in chdk -> menu does look messy ,but once you get hang of it .its easy .also chdk will you to record images in raw .thats the reason many people use chdk with ixus etc .TO have more control over exposure :)

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks friends for appreciation.

Ahinav: nice beautiful image and good experiment.

Ritwik: yes its onion flower. Which size you need.

Cool: you can turn off many options to display in LCD. Read the manual it will help you a lot.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - Yes, I captured some images in .crw format but how can I process them? Any tips would be helpful as this would be first time I'm using RAW format. Without processing they seem to be dull.

Nice Image of the Himalayas. :)

@rhitwick - You can use CHDK on your camera SX10 IS. Check this page & scroll down. Download the version as exact to your camera firmware. You can check firmware by starting camera in playback mode & then pressing Menu+Set.

@vamsi - What's that? Smoke of space shuttle or aircraft? Nothing special though in this image.

Stuge

Youngling
Flickr Hello India !Delhi

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/4526653230_4fd7f2c6f5_b.jpg

cool do you use windows ?? .crw is raw format for canon cameras .you will need canon software + raw codec to open it .or photoshop or any editor that can handle .crw files .well ,thats the beauty of raw ,you have the power to handle your pictures :)

toofan

Technomancer
*img361.imageshack.us/img361/1180/chamileon1.jpg

In my Garden!

Cool: google down for free raw converters/editors. Convert them to tiff or something then you can edit if you don't find and free editor of Raw.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - I'm working in Linux.GIMP doesn't seems to handle .crw by default. Maybe a plugin should do or I'll go with Toofan's advice.

Very nice image. Liked the selective colouring.

@toofan - Sharp & awesome.

Stuge

Youngling
@cool :nice shot

see thislink *www.madox.net/blog/2008/11/25/how-to-open-canon-cr2-raws-in-ubuntu/

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4527829668_825473b23f.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4527244691_6b41acfa63.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4527244299_2499e6249c.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4527877008_40722c8493.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4527876464_a410418067.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4527245469_266d44b417.jpg

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - Thanks.
I installed the ufraw but it is not integrated in GIMP. Well anyways the software loaded my image but was unable to read the exact EXIF data but still the image loaded properly. Now how can I start with RAW image processing? Again some tips would be helpful.

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: excellent Image. Nice blurred background.
cool that software might have an option to convert to dng or to tiff. then after that you can edit the image in gimp.
Raw is actually a file with no compression. You had to apply your white balance(optional), saturation(optional), sharpness, brightness contrast etc as per the your choice.

Cool there is a option in chdk menu to covert to dng see if that helps.

Stuge: 1st one is the best and the 5th one is also nicely taken.

Stuge

Youngling
Sea shell musicians (not sure in which exhibition I took this image ,but shoot this pix @ 1600iso .So,quite sure it was quite dark )

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4528531762_fa02b379a4_b.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4039/4528534066_d83bd6feea_b.jpg

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - I'll try doing what you say. Thanks for help & appreciation.

@stuge - 2nd image is good of the sea shell musicians. Out of the first 5, I liked the first & the second.

toofan

Technomancer
if looking for a DSLR then you can buy a Nikon D40X 8mp sensor from gray market. You will find around your budget. This will be best if looking for some serious photography.

Can you tell what features you need in camera?

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

Stuge: second on is more sharp and better.

toofan

Technomancer
*img594.imageshack.us/img594/6695/dsc0044n.jpg

In my Garden!

1st Image I took he was unaware of me. So calm and relaxed. Then he figured me out and come in aggressive mood . See the changed color as the sign of Attacking mood.

C & C welcome.

Top Bottom